Looking for better diapers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crinklebutt

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Other
Right now I wear depend protection with tabs, and I've heard there's better ones out there. I've done some searching on my own and I am a little overwhelmed by the choice out there. I am hoping that the community can help me out. What I'm most interested in is:

*high capacity - I like to wet a lot and keep them on for as long as possible

*fitted/elastic legs/waist - the depends have this and I find they leak way less than ones I've tried without

*plastic backed - I prefer the feeling of the plastic diapers over the fabric ones

*plain/white - I'm not in to AB at all and prefer a plain diaper

*affordable - I can get the depends for about $0.75 Cad each, I would like to not spend much more than this

*Canadian shipping - living in Canada may limit shipping options, so a site that ships to Canada, especially one that offers free/cheap shipping would be ideal.

I am 6'3" with a 33 (ish) inch waist if that helps at all.

Check out ca.abuniverse.com. They sell 2 versions of white diapers
Also check out rearz.ca. I know they sell white diapers too.
Both are located in Canada.

Not to sure you will be able to find anything close to the price of depends as most premium diapers are way more expensive.

The only diaper that’s better than what you're using now, in that price range would be ATN’s by Tranquility. No elastic waist though. I recommend you spend 1.50 and get twice the diaper, wet and wear twice as long. Besides whats been mentioned Northshore Supremes come to mind. Take a look at those with a mind toward good capacity and a fair price.

There are also great "Medical Style" diapers if those are fine with you, they kind of bridge the gap between cheap crap diapers and ABDL diapers, but some people don't like/or even hate the "medical look", but some of them are really basic looking so may be better looking than ones with wetness indicators and whatnot.

you can't have "good" and "cheap" at the same time.

you're going to have to make some compromises if you want cheap.

Premium diapers that you can trust to do thier job are unfortunately expensive but are worth the extra money as they work way better then the cheaper retail brand diapers. We have ajusted our monthly budget to allow me to buy the diapers I need and that work. Diapers are one thing you really do not want to skimp on if you need them forissue a bladder or bowel issue, I am more relaxed and stress free when an accident happens as I know my Betterdry diaper will handle my issue and keep my pants dry 99% of the time.

Northshore Care Supreme line, Abena level 4, Confidry247 are the premier medical brands.
Even a lot of the secondary ones (Tranquility ATN, Tena Supers, etc...) are better than what you have been using.

As others have noted you can't have quality and cheap in the same sentence.

You can usually get better deals by buying bulk. If you can wait a bit, sometimes sales involving free shipping or so and so % off happen.

If you like to wet a lot you're going to either need 1 high capacity diaper, or multiple low capacity ones. And it usually tends to be cheaper and more convenient in the long run to use 1 $1.50 diaper than 3-4 $0.75 diapers.

As for distributors, I'm personally a fan of NorthShoreCare.com

Their BetterDry is among the most absorbent you can get at a medium price. 60/ $89.99 / ~$1.50 per diaper before shipping.

NorthShore Supreme 60 / $81.99 / ~$1.37 per diaper before shipping

NorthShore Supreme Lite 60 / $69.99 / ~1.17 per diaper before shipping (advertised 20% less absorbent than Supreme but some reviews say they can hold more)

Those are just some suggestions that fit your description minus $0.75 per diaper price tag

Sheepies said:
As others have noted you can't have quality and cheap in the same sentence.

You can usually get better deals by buying bulk. If you can wait a bit, sometimes sales involving free shipping or so and so % off happen.

If you like to wet a lot you're going to either need 1 high capacity diaper, or multiple low capacity ones. And it usually tends to be cheaper and more convenient in the long run to use 1 $1.50 diaper than 3-4 $0.75 diapers.

As for distributors, I'm personally a fan of NorthShoreCare.com

Their BetterDry is among the most absorbent you can get at a medium price. 60/ $89.99 / ~$1.50 per diaper before shipping.

NorthShore Supreme 60 / $81.99 / ~$1.37 per diaper before shipping

NorthShore Supreme Lite 60 / $69.99 / ~1.17 per diaper before shipping (advertised 20% less absorbent than Supreme but some reviews say they can hold more)

Those are just some suggestions that fit your description minus $0.75 per diaper price tag
Oops not sure about Canadian shipping now that I see that bit. I don't know much about the Canadian market but I believe Rearz isn't bad

Betterdry is an awesome diaper, holds a lot but isn't exactly discreet because it swells up insanely.
If clothbacked is something you'd consider I would recommend Seni quattro. A cheap but very thirsty diaper also. Does not swell like Betterdry but I would say in terms of absorbancy it's in the same league.

Thanks for all your suggestions! I think I will have to get some samples of the Tranquility ATNs, BetterDrys, and ABU Simple or simple ultra and see what I like. I like the idea of a diaper that swells lots so I am leaning towards the Simple Ultras and the BetterDrys.

Crinklebutt said:
Thanks for all your suggestions! I think I will have to get some samples of the Tranquility ATNs, BetterDrys, and ABU Simple or simple ultra and see what I like. I like the idea of a diaper that swells lots so I am leaning towards the Simple Ultras and the BetterDrys.

I also recommend trying Abena Abri-Form X-Plus Diaper not the Air Plus version and Rearz Inspire + InControl

AnimeDude892 said:
I also recommend trying Abena Abri-Form X-Plus Diaper not the Air Plus version and Rearz Inspire + InControl

Abena stopped making the "X-Plus" quite a while ago, now there is a different Abena diaper called the level 4 (it goes with S/M/L for sizing and then # 1-4 for absorbency level, so M4 for their highest Absorbency in size Medium), which BTW I heard they plan on changing from the Plastic backed version to some sort of Cloth Backed version; which is usually not as good as the Plastic Backed versions.

Can't go wrong with Better Dry, it's a good quality product.

BabyTyrant said:
Abena stopped making the "X-Plus" quite a while ago, now there is a different Abena diaper called the level 4 (it goes with S/M/L for sizing and then # 1-4 for absorbency level, so M4 for their highest Absorbency in size Medium), which BTW I heard they plan on changing from the Plastic backed version to some sort of Cloth Backed version; which is usually not as good as the Plastic Backed versions.

You can still get the plastic backed kind on Amazon at a very good price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back