diaper size/ recommendation

Status
Not open for further replies.

GabeG30

I wear diapers due to Cerebral Palsy
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Hey guys, i know there are several posts on here about diaper size/recommendation but they don't help me decide.

I am wondering what diaper/pull ups size would fit me I am a medium size when I wear pants I am not sure but I think that is a 32x34 size. Also I have tried depends and don't like them is it possible i would fit into the pullups made for children like 4t 5t pullups? please don't recommend goodnites as they caused me skin irritation and what kind of diapers would you recommend? I look forward to hearing from you guys Thanks.

Pant sizes in the US are always smaller than your actual hip or belt size, and that is often smaller than your waist size (depending on if you have a gut). They are not the same numbers. So if you have a 34 pant size, then you likely have a 36 or 38 hip size, and just a guess but probably around at 38 or 40 waist size.

Adult diapers are also designed and intended to extend up to your actual waist line too. So, IF this guess is close, then you would befinitely be well within needing large diapers.

I would think that the medium sizes of most diapers would fit you. But they all fit differently and it also depends on what kind of fit you are looking for.

I like my daytime diapers to fit fairly snug and tight to help be discreet so I squeeze into mediums during the day. At night though, I wear larges to make sure they don't leak over night, become too tight & uncomfortable and have plenty of room to swell and hold my accidents. I wear Northshore Supremes during the day and Abena L4s at night.

I would say in most brands a Medium, the only exception I know right off hand is Dry 24/7, which runs big.

Best to check size range on specific Diapers and if possible I think it would be best if the higher end of the range is a few inches bigger than absolutely necessary.

I wouldn't reccomend Pull-Ups of any kind, especially once meant for Toddlers, same with Baby Diapers, being able to put them on doesn't necessarily mean they "fit" and they wont be anywhere near as good as a proper Adult Diaper (something really good, like high grade "Medical Style" Diapers, or ABDL diapers).

I mean of course there is a wide price difference, but it is well worth it.

Thanks for your help.
Boopa said:
I would think that the medium sizes of most diapers would fit you. But they all fit differently and it also depends on what kind of fit you are looking for.

I like my daytime diapers to fit fairly snug and tight to help be discreet so I squeeze into mediums during the day. At night though, I wear larges to make sure they don't leak over night, become too tight & uncomfortable and have plenty of room to swell and hold my accidents. I wear Northshore Supremes during the day and Abena L4s at night.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for your help.
BabyTyrant said:
I would say in most brands a Medium, the only exception I know right off hand is Dry 24/7, which runs big.

Best to check size range on specific Diapers and if possible I think it would be best if the higher end of the range is a few inches bigger than absolutely necessary.

I wouldn't reccomend Pull-Ups of any kind, especially once meant for Toddlers, same with Baby Diapers, being able to put them on doesn't necessarily mean they "fit" and they wont be anywhere near as good as a proper Adult Diaper (something really good, like high grade "Medical Style" Diapers, or ABDL diapers).

I mean of course there is a wide price difference, but it is well worth it.

if you have leakage bad enough you need an incontinence product then pullup's made for toddler bladders aren't going to help you much. Medium fitted briefs are probably your best bet.

Thanks for your help guys, follow up question I have a minor groin rash that has been healing I’ve been applying rash cream to it and I haven’t been wearing my pull ups because of my rash, but since it’s healing it is ok to start wearing my pull-ups again while my rash is still healing with rash cream or should i wait till the rash is completely gone? I look forward to hearing from you guys thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

GabeG23 said:
Thanks for your help guys, follow up question I have a minor groin rash that has been healing I’ve been applying rash cream to it and I haven’t been wearing my pull ups because of my rash, but since it’s healing it is ok to start wearing my pull-ups again while my rash is still healing with rash cream or should i wait till the rash is completely gone? I look forward to hearing from you guys thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You should be just fine. Just make sure to clean the skin good at leadt twice a day then right after give your skin plenty of air time to dry out. After that, gently rub in some diaper "cream" till it's thuroughly absorbed so as to help heal the skin. And after that apply a coating of diaper "ointment" to create a barrier which help make sure it doesn't get any worse.

hey slomo, Thanks for yourf help, just to make sure do you mean i should aplly diaper rash ointment and barrier cream at the same time? before i put on my diaper? I look forward to hearing from you thanks.
Slomo said:
You should be just fine. Just make sure to clean the skin good at leadt twice a day then right after give your skin plenty of air time to dry out. After that, gently rub in some diaper "cream" till it's thuroughly absorbed so as to help heal the skin. And after that apply a coating of diaper "ointment" to create a barrier which help make sure it doesn't get any worse.

GabeG23 said:
hey slomo, Thanks for yourf help, just to make sure do you mean i should aplly diaper rash ointment and barrier cream at the same time? before i put on my diaper? I look forward to hearing from you thanks.

Not at the same time exactly, but close. A true "cream" will fully absorb into the skin. This is completely different than an "ointment" which will not fully absorb but instead leave a protective film on the skin. A cream, gently (especially with a bad rash) rubbed into the skin will help promote healing. A thin coating of ointment will leave a barrier to help prevent a rash from getting worse which gives it time to heal. Using both (one after the other) will eliminate a rash twice as fast as just using one or the other.

The problem is knowing the difference between a cream and ointment. Creams are much lighter and softer to the touch, ointments are thicker and slippery. My personal favorite cream is a prescription for "triple diaper cream". It has some zinc, nystatin cream, and hydrocortizone steroid cream. This stuff is AMAZING! For the ointment, you can't go wrong with old fashioned Desitin, but just about any of the over the counter ointments will work- variably depending on your own skin.

Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back