Thread: You can get anything you want...

Default You can get anything you want...

At Alice's Restaurant.

This cracks me up every single time I hear it.

Especially the part where he jumps up on the desk and the psychiatrist jumps up on it, too. (And then he got a medal!)

Quote Originally Posted by CuddleWoozle View Post
    At Alice's Restaurant.

This cracks me up every single time I hear it.

Especially the part where he jumps up on the desk and the psychiatrist jumps up on it, too. (And then he got a medal!)
    I WANNA KILL! KILL! KILL! KILL!
    I love this. I play it every Thanksgiving while I'm cooking. The neighbors are still very confused.

They play this on the radio every Thanksgiving. It's a classic.

I've never actually heard it on the radio at Thanksgiving. XD I ran across it and it just made me laugh.

I didn't know that it was based in fact, though!

Haha.....I remember this well as I was a college student during the Vietnam War. It was scary times if you were 18. I remember all of us drinking in a bar in Princeton while the TV showed them calling out the draft numbers. My best SO friend got a low number and I got a high number. It was probably that which separated us for ever. While he was serving his country (on the arctic circle as a conscientious objector), I was striking out on my own which led to me finding the girl who would become my wife. I'm still his closest friend and he mine.

There were a lot of great protest rock songs that came out of that era. It's time for those again.

There's an (even longer) live version of that where he talks about Nixon. Well worth checking out.

EDIT: This one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuSBv5xim-o

They also made a movie. The movie honestly isn't great, but is notable because the actual sheriff that he is poking fun at in the song played himself in the movie, basically saying "if someone is going to make a fool out of me, it may as well be me". On reflection, the sheriff was actually trying to do his job, and Arlo was kinda being a jackass.