Thread: Getting somebody to get a job (again) ?

Default Getting somebody to get a job (again) ?

I have been hoping for a while now that my Younger Brother would stop being so lazy and get a job, he had a job before, but it's been over a year since he lost his last job.

I think a major problem is he wants to get a job at the last place he worked at (Walmart), which seems like it is not going to happen.

He cant even bother to do any Applications himself and I told him the local Dominos was hiring, but he was too lazy to even walk a few minutes down the road to ask about it.

I feel like at this point he might not get a job for a long time to come because the job isn't gonna find him and he probably wont get back into Walmart again.

I try to be fair, but I'm kinda thinking that by not being harsher it's just pushing him further into laziness, so I have started being less generous with my Alcohol (he is more than of Age and Drinking is a big thing to him), but maybe even that wont be enough.

Next I may have to take power cords so that he ends up so bored at home maybe he will feel like filling out Applications just to have something to do.

I mean it's not like we are expecting too much of him and that is especially true when it comes to money, but maybe he wants nothing more than to have something to do and Alcohol to drink.

Sounds like someone has been providing for him. Im not saying that is a bad thing in all cases but when it allows someone who is capable of working but instead relies on others for all their needs then there is a problem. Honestly it may sound harsh but he is an adult so he should be able to pay for his fair share. Its not your responsiblty to supply for him

Quote Originally Posted by TheGazelle View Post
    Sounds like someone has been providing for him. Im not saying that is a bad thing in all cases but when it allows someone who is capable of working but instead relies on others for all their needs then there is a problem. Honestly it may sound harsh but he is an adult so he should be able to pay for his fair share. Its not your responsiblty to supply for him
    Well, even if I don't buy him alcohol our dad might send him money, or he might get the money from our mom or cousin, so it's not just me.

Most people seem to want things, my brother says he wants things, but he never shows it by trying to get a job.