Thread: Welcome to the Lonely Hearts Column

Default Welcome to the Lonely Hearts Column

I'm very well aware that the Lonely Hearts Column is not used in the same way that I am using it, but I feel like this is how I feel.

I never imagined things to be going like this...

I thought I was over the loneliness by now, but now I'm buried under it. I never imagined that I would be the same lone wolf that I was in high school. It brings back terrible memories. The shard of that fateful AP Chemistry lab memory cuts into me at this hour. The lab when I was drowning on my own because I had no one to contact for help of any kind.

Now, I'm doing college Chemistry and I feel these similar feelings surface. I want to move on. I've finally finished some of my work. I feel exhausted already. I've quit therapy a year and a half ago because I felt like I had made enough progress, but why am I going back into the same place.

Honestly, I just wish for someone to hold me. I miss that part of being with my boyfriend. I don't want sex. I just want to feel someone holding me and reassuring me that they were there with physical contact. I've know enough about Psychology work to know the paramount importance of touch to human beings. Just look at what happened to Romanian orphans that were severely deprived of any kind of human touch or stimulation. Look at monkeys that were deprived of their mothers from birth.

I know I can't get this from the virtual sphere, but I know that people can read and maybe perhaps, they'll listen by reading.

To all of you reading, thank you. I know you all have your lives and issues, but the fact that you chose this to add to your worries means a lot.

-Leio

Oh God can I relate.

My personal (head wipe) is that it has been 33 years since I took Principles of Physiology for the second time.

I wish I could be there for you.

I have been "out of group therapy" for only a couple of months and The way I feel today I wish I could go back.

The best thing I can tell you is that you have learned coping skills and just take the time you need to do them and don't let yourself get "hooked" by the anxiety. Let the emotions flow past you like a rock in a river and keep doing the task that you are working on.

If you need any more help do not hesitate to PM me. I get on line a lot and should see a call for help in a short time.

Egor

You've got us.

I know this feeling well. I compensate with a menagerie of stuffed animals, but it's not the same thing.

Remember to do the things that make you feel good. You do deserve them still.

You can contact me any time.

Hay kid. You do know where the hugs are stored right? 🙋

Ah. Good old Stoichiometry. I had so much trouble with that when I took Chemistry. When my teacher said that the majority of the final exam was going to be Stoichiometry, my friend who sat across the room, and I locked eyes with each other and he was laughing so hard, while I was scared out of my mind.

We're all rooting for you!
    Last edited by HTML; 2 Weeks Ago at 00:42. Reason: Spelling mistake.

Leio I'm here for you! And maybe, if you're up for it and you feel like traveling, maybe you can get the cuddles you want. Nothing bad or dirty, just tons and tons of cuddles.

being lonely sucks man. Its far worse than being with someone you hate or someone who only just wants you for money. I'd wager to say that being alone is the cause for most suicides related to depression.