Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nothing mature about the mature forum

I do not need you to do MY homework as I have demonstrated in previous threads I am fully capable of doing my own independent research without needing to rely on listening solely to other peoples biased opinions...I want you to do your own. Otherwise you are simply a troll and thusly unworthy of my further attention.

As for what I do...it's quite similar to your own job. I drive a vehicle that keeps me busy enough that I don't have time to space out at the wheel.

I rely on thinking. Not just being a sponge for other peoples' opinions.

Therefore I rate this thread and you as Obvious Troll Material.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamieboy View Post
    You know, the difference between me and most people is that I actually do have the answers. I just don't have the time to teach everyone else... You need to do your own research to find the truth.
    Sweet Martha Mary May, what? You've got to realize how silly this sounds, right?

Literally everyone thinks they're right. Otherwise, why would you keep a viewpoint? On the flipside, many are willing to consider they may be wrong, but nobody is going to just take your word for it, or spend eternity trying to find proof you're right. What actually facilitates debate and persuasion is providing evidence yourself. If you have it, your choices are to either present it, or... say this I guess. But this looks silly, like you have nothing other than your say so. Not to mention how conceited it sounds to say that you are different than, "most people." Everyone thinks what they think for a reason. Respecting that is a key part of making any headway in convincing anyone of anything.

"Tin Foil Hat"
    (feat. Donald Fagen)

He's coming down the escalator
    With a girl from east of here
    He wants to make the country greater
    We've got nothing left to fear

Because the man in the tin foil hat
    Is sitting on the throne tonight
    It kinda feels like a coup d'etat
    But it's gonna be great, tremendous, amazing and all that

'Cause the man in the tin foil hat
    Is tweeting like a teenage girl
    He puts the Pluto in plutocrat
    But it's gonna be a huge huge huge new world

He hasn't got the time for losers
    Unless they do as he commands
    He's writing checks to his accusers
    With those tiny little hands

But it's gonna be a huge huge huge new world

Is gonna drain the swamp tonight
    And fill it up with alternative facts
    And it's gonna be great, tremendous, amazing and all that

(He's coming down the escalator)
    Is tweeting like a teenage girl
    (With a girl from east of here)
    He puts the Pluto in plutocrat
    (He wants to make the country greater)
    Huge huge huge new world
    (We've got nothing left to fear)

(He hasn't got the time for losers)
    (Unless they do as he commands)
    (He's writing checks to his accusers)
    And it's gonna be great, tremendous, amazing and all that

Quote Originally Posted by Jamieboy
    You know, the difference between me and most people is that I actually do have the answers.
    You are allowed to think that.
    You are allowed to have opinions the moderation team disagrees with.
    You are allowed to think we are wrong, and to express that.

I want to make it absolutely, crystal clear that this thread is not being closed because of your political beliefs, or my political beliefs, or because you expressed your political beliefs. Neither were any of your other threads.

Here is the problem. You have political views, you expect others to accept them as axiomatic, you refuse to explain why you hold those views (do your research isn't an explanation) and you get upset when people refuse to accept your views as correct. You are not acting in a mature manner.

This is a forum for discussion, you don't seem inclined to discuss. Your thread(s) aren't conductive to a discussion. You're just stating your views without leaving any room to discuss anything. That's fine for a blog, but it's just not acceptable as the starting point for a serious discussion.

As to why your threads specifically always end up getting closed (we admittedly don't take action on every thread that breaks our rules because we don't read everything), it isn't because we go out of our way to keep an eye on you. It's because multiple people report them.

Normally we don't post that kind of notice publicly, but in this case I think it's appropriate to explain our reasoning publicly since the thread is very much about our moderation, at least partially.