Homemade diaper

Status
Not open for further replies.
The trashbag was never practical to wear OUT. It was purely for my home use.

Jacksmith11 said:
can not use towls

How come?

As homemade diapers go, they're probably your best bet. Presumably, these homemade diapers are an every-once-in-a-while type of thing anyway. I mean, it's not like you're going to go through rolls and rolls of paper towels every day--right? :) Or, with towels: It's not like you'd be filling up the laundry with urine-soaked towels every day.

Pee in a towel, rinse it thoroughly, wring it out, put it in the laundry. And maybe don't do it more than a few times a week if you're concerned about being caught by roommates or parents. Same with burning through rolls of paper towels or trash bags.

Possibly because he doesn't have a way to wash them.

I also used some high absorbency labratory wipes I pinched from the school lab. This was all before disposables hit the market at all. I first saw disposables in the Sears catalog and trying to figure out how to order them when one summer I was working at a hospital and was eating lunch in the drug store attached to it (they had a lunch counter) and noted that they had them on the shelves. I came back on the weekend and bought my first box. As the next year progressed they started showing up in more and more pharmacies and medical supply shops in the area. This was summer of 1979 if I recall.

Any update on how this went?

Funny - as a child I build my diapers from plastic bags, kitchen towels and cotton wool... After I'd caused a big clogging of the drain I had to thing over better alternatives... Luckily the blockage happend one floor deeeper - so my parents did't ask that many stupid quastion ... :)

Homemade diapers, I think a lot of us, at one point or another. I know I certainly did, but every time it was a disaster. Your best bet, like many others have suggested here already, is to do something of the cloth or towel variety. You’ll get much better results over trying to make a makeshift disposable diaper. Trust me, I know from personal experience.

My only "homemade diapers" were years ago when I just had no way of getting real diapers, nor did I realize at the time that adult diapers were a passable option. (there weren't any ABDL diapers in the 80's) Nowadays though it's so much easier to order stuff online, and the ABDL diaper selection is just so amazing. Every now and then after changing my diaper I look at myself in the mirror - ME wearing a thick, good looking, high capacity, good-fitting diaper - trying to imagine how much a diaper like that would have absolutely blown my mind years ago.

Then I remember my efforts from years ago - all that work, for such terrible results. But it was all I had at the time.

So all you "new and aspiring diaper lovers" out there, you're getting started in a really wonderful time, where you don't have to try to cobble something together. You can just get online and browse all of these wonderful options, and spend your time planning your order to get the real deal, rather than trying to engineer your own substitute. And what you can get your hands on... it just seems like such an obvious and perfect choice to me, and and option that I really WISH that I could have had available to me back then. I couldn't have it, but you can!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back