Thread: Poem just because

Default Poem just because

When the sun sets my mind can not sleep. The moon provokes my inner thought.the stars an audience I can not appease.
    Traveling from one monologue to the next stopping for a moment on saturns rings.
    When I try to catch my breath I remember Iím in space
    Donít dare nod off
    For the sun wants more as it again shines upon my face.

Hmmm... Let me think about this one... Insomnia?

this is really good! I like the elements of outer space, and the transition back to morning at the end with a reluctance I sense there. Your line, "When I try to catch my breath I remember I'm in space" could be a reference to anxiety/not being able to breathe/when your chest feels tight at night and the thoughts are pouring in. I can relate to that feeling. Really good imagery and wording. Do you write poetry consistently?

Quote Originally Posted by charmingotter View Post
    this is really good! I like the elements of outer space, and the transition back to morning at the end with a reluctance I sense there. Your line, "When I try to catch my breath I remember I'm in space" could be a reference to anxiety/not being able to breathe/when your chest feels tight at night and the thoughts are pouring in. I can relate to that feeling. Really good imagery and wording. Do you write poetry consistently?
    you nailed the interpretation! kindred spirits? maybey, and poetry is something that I do for fun or when I need to get something off my chest, it also sparks when I am having a hard time.