Just got new goodnites, and they have gotten both wider and bigger (manufacture date) aug 18 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
12srepaid said:
Anything different or new on the package?

The packaging is a little different, the colors they use for the packaging was the biggest thing I noticed but if u look on the side there are dates of when that package was made to help you find the latest ones

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New batch on the left, a 2015 one on the right. I see no reason to wait for the new stock.

https://ibb.co/eN3Fc9

Looks like they actually got smaller, dang. Maybe they've got a little more stretch, but eh, still stinks.

i dont know, if i had them to compare i dont even have a ruler,
But i have not lost weight, i buy them all the time, they have always fit me the same.
the only one's that i did not like was the trim fit. and its not necessarily about how long it is, these are much softer than any i have ever had.
there thinner than the target brand. The new box will not have the picture of the brief on it, nor the text below the 40% stating than leading training pants(its very tiny now). The box is smaller and can fit next to the package. https://www.target.com/p/goodnites-boys-nighttime-underwear-size-l-xl-11ct/-/A-15297060
https://www.goodnites.com/-/media/gns_image/product/pack/lg_packboy.jpg
goodnites .com updated there page back in july or earlier, but the picture on target and walmart was updates a couple of days ago to the above pictures

Got a pack of girls version the manufactured date on the package is 2018/08/06 and placed against a boys one dated from 2018/05/27 on the bag, I don't see any size difference yet, but the material is definitely softer, I don't see a difference in stretchiness or size, but maybe we didn't have the real new ones, will check back next month for a box, they were out of the boys box I usually get.

I never saw any packs of 25 Goodnites, maybe its a size unique to USA, all the bags I've seen always had 20 in them, and the box of 34, I could swear I saw a box of 58 on google once, but I never saw them anywhere in stores in Canada, again perhaps its exclusive to USA market.

The last pack i bought is probably from 2015 or 2016 and i hated them and switched to the up and up at target but i started reading threads on the 2018 ones and bit the bullet and even went with girls version and tried them and they are definitely way better i got two wettings in one with out a leak but definitely cant flood

Got my hands on some boys l/xl with a manufacturing date of 8/17/18. Did not notice anything new about the packaging & the goodnites inside match up size wise with previous purchases from this summer. I however think we might be seeing some regional differences on timelines of the possible new larger design hitting store shelf’s so I’m still hopeful. Hopefully someone here will get their hands on the definatative “new design” & post some photos showing the size difference to the goodnites we’ve had available this summer.

gnites said:
Got my hands on some boys l/xl with a manufacturing date of 8/17/18. Did not notice anything new about the packaging & the goodnites inside match up size wise with previous purchases from this summer. I however think we might be seeing some regional differences on timelines of the possible new larger design hitting store shelf’s so I’m still hopeful. Hopefully someone here will get their hands on the definatative “new design” & post some photos showing the size difference to the goodnites we’ve had available this summer.

I didnt notice a size difference but i think the sides are definitely more stretchy which makes for a better fit in my opinion

babyemo said:
New batch on the left, a 2015 one on the right. I see no reason to wait for the new stock.

https://ibb.co/eN3Fc9

Maybe "for science" you can cut the sides, spread them both out flat, tape them down, and measure / photograph them?

bambinod said:
Maybe "for science" you can cut the sides, spread them both out flat, tape them down, and measure / photograph them?

I think it might be difficult for me to digest any visual data from a test like that simply due to how much "stretch" this product has. I wouldn't accuse someone of setting up a test and purposely misrepresenting the images just a bit, but it would be easy to make one appear larger than another without much effort at all. Visual data of a test like that would have to come from a proven and reliable source for me to put much stock into it.

This will be Interesting to watch a bit over the coming weeks. It looks like we have a mixed bag of info and lots of confusion regarding the size as the “new ones” are being compared to a variety of different previous generations. It would be helpful if we can try to the best everyone is able to focus the comparisons on the immediate previous generation from this summer. Those of you who might not try GoodNites all the time could have missed some recent size alterations the most recent being the addition of much stretcher sides sometime around late last year early this year. Still keeping my fingers crossed and thinking there is enough steam here that we are seeing a real change but time will tell. Appreciate everyone who’s chipped in and provided info/posted photos as we we continue to sort things out!

Note here, after wearing the new Goodnites for girls from 2018/08/06 for the whole night and wetting them quite a lot (not overflooding, I'm very careful), it seems the sides are actually a little bit more stretchier on this batch, I'm not saying the girls are stretchier there, but compared to the boys ones I have from 2018/05/27, the sides aren't exactly made of the same material, so I'm guessing its the new material that could be stretchier somehow.

I'm also not 100% sure, but I'm guessing Canadian Goodnites could be made in a different assembly line than the USA, I think we have them manufactured somewhere in Ontario for Canadian market and probably part of US around the Ontario border too, but I could be wrong, wish we could see where they are made.

Yes, Goodnites have changed. I spent 3 days, going to 8 stores each day, and found a pack from August, dated 2018-08-01. I have news:

Compared with the same model produced 2017-04-03 (April) the exterior and side nonwoven materials have new softer and less dense form. I believe that I find them easier to put on and off, and they might fit bigger waists.

I have 7 in the pack left. I will mail you one if you want (for free).

Width, Length seem the same. I stretched them out as much as I could with my hand a stout tape measure and found that they both could stretch to 24 inches in length. I know that the current design, 2017 goodnites flattened out, but not stretched out, lie 12.25" tall (2007-2012 Goodnites were 12.5", or 25" in total length). The width is 7" on both models.

At the moment, I think I like the denser, less soft sides of the old version, cause it reminds me I'm in my diapie, but maybe this causes less friction during long walks?

Last edited:
GuybrushT said:
Yes, Goodnites have changed. I spent 3 days, going to 8 stores each day, and found a pack from August, dated 2018-08-01. I have news:

Compared with the same model produced 2017-04-03 (April) the exterior and side nonwoven materials have new softer and less dense form. I believe that I find them easier to put on and off, and they might fit bigger waists.

I have 7 in the pack left. I will mail you one if you want.

Width, Length seem the same. I stretched them out as much as I could with my hand a stout tape measure and found that they both could stretch to 24 inches in length. I know that the current design, 2017 goodnites flattened out, but not stretched out, lie 12.25" tall (2007-2012 Goodnites were 12.5", or 25" in total length). The width is 7" on both models.

At the moment, I think I like the denser, less soft sides of the old version, cause it reminds me I'm in my diapie, but maybe this causes less friction during long walks?

Thanks for the update, for reference the package your comparing them two was not the immediate previous version as there was a change late last year. But still excellent information.

I’m beginning to think we are not seeing anything new vs what has been available all summer. Still exciting that people are discovering the changes that have been made over the past year. And I’ll be beyond excited if I’m completely wrong & someone posts info showing the “new Aug18” version is bigger or different than what’s been available all summer :)

I decided to wait a lil while and see how this topic progressed and ya... I just got some new GN’s on amazon and there’s a pretty huge difference for me. The rise is about the same in the back, but the seat seems to have more material which makes them more comfortable. They seem slightly roomier in the front, but not more padded. The cloth exterior is also different—softer, maybe a different material.

I feel like the difference might just be a new cutting die.... who knows, but I’ll take it for what it’s worth lol.

Any difference on the package?

None.

what is the date on the package?
I tried looking around but the ones around me are made in june.

I think this is what makes them different is the actual diaper stretches(not just the sides). i came up with a way of making the back bigger, insert a size 7 in the back so the diaper comes right to/or past your groin in the front. the dollargeneral size 7 tapes stretch and attach to the goodnites. because the dg size 7 back is nearly the same width as goodnites (back), they. try it, it works great, and you have extra protection in that area

I do not think they would make goodnites the same size as depends, i am skeptical if that is true

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back