Thread: Broke up with girlfriend.

Default Broke up with girlfriend.

Trying to separate some of this to organize lol.
    As some of you may know from my last posts, I was somewhat in a relationship. However I was starting school, which needed my full attention, going to school to be an advanced emergency medical technician, Already a basic EMT.
    But anyway she was being controlling and did not really allow me time to myself for schoolwork and I am required to put hours in at the fire station and couldn't. Especially now because I'm doing hours on the ambulance and in the emergency room. I spent 3 weeks with her mostly on my off days of work(which I spend at the fire station.) We'd occasionally hang out on the nights after work, but the weekend that I needed to get my hours for the month at the firehouse, I got the vibe from her that she was feeling neglected because I wasn't with her.

Also, She kinda forced me to go to church with her, I'm not very religious but I didn't mind going to church. However, being forced to go did not sit well with me.
    I took her to another state to meet my family 14 hour drive, I was going anyway to visit family and asked if she wanted to join. My brother came along for the ride with his girlfriend, We visited my sister's house, as we were parking my brother and I were getting frustrated as I missed my turn. My girlfriend(ex) did not like that and as we pulled up, she got out of my truck and started walking down the street, it wasn't a very good neighborhood either, It was safe but still not the best. Did not enjoy that.

When we got back from our trip, The day after we had a 4th of July(USA's independence day) party with fireworks and all, she talked to me when the party was over and pretty much told me that I need to get out of my house with my dad and brother as they "treat me like crap", They don't, we just don't always get along. It works out later with my family but she said that, I tried explaining that they don't and that it's just the way my family is, it's normal for us. She disagreed and I walked back in the house angrily.

The story with her and my other friend and his fiance is basically we'd hang out the 4 of us and I felt like I was not only in a relationship with her but instead the 3 of them. They were trying to control me and put a lot of stress on me.

The 4th of July Night I was watching a national broadcast of a firework show on TV with a symphony(I love symphonies) she had asked me to go to a firework show with her and her parents. I did not want to as I was spending time with my family. She did not like that and sent me a text saying that I don't really spend enough time with her or her family considering I only saw her the night before and spent 2 weeks straight with her. And saying that she wants to know the depths of my mind, what makes me laugh, cry, happy, sad and mad. That kind of freaked me out. We both had iPhones so there was a read feature. She saw that I read it and I didn't reply.

My brother's girlfriend knew that she was being clingy and didn't like it. Brother's GF came over that night and told me to just ignore my phone for an hour, So I ignored it for 2 hours and spent time with my family as I watched the neighbors light fireworks. She showed up at my house with my friend and his fiance unannouced. I did not come to the door. They were knocking on my door, windows and blowing up my phone. I locked myself in the bathroom and cried, My father went outside and told them to leave me alone for the night and that things are going too fast.

Later that night, After they left My brothers GF was still here and I told her about the situation and she didn't agree with it and told me that I needed to get out because my Ex is crazy. My friend and his fiance were trying to pin stupid stuff on my brother because they didn't like him. I stopped talking to them after that. I texted her a week later saying that I needed to talk to her in person. We met at a local frozen yogurt shop and I explained that I can't be under this stress right now and didn't think the relationship would work out. She was very attached to me and was upset, I tried to calm her down though I explained that I still care but this won't work.
    I did not become upset considering the situation.

I have told her before that I wet the bed for a few nights just randomly because of my stress, I had my diapers fortunately, I just told her that I bought goodnites for bedwetting instead of telling her about my abdl diapers. I eventually wanted to tell her that I am abdl but wanted to wait until the perfect time. But that time never came, she took care of her elderly grandmother who required diapers 24/7 and changed her. I'm not sure if she would've had a problem with me being abdl and changing my diapers but I didn't feel comfortable telling her yet.

We were only together for about a month and we did not have intercourse or anything. But we did sleep in the same bed cuddling.

I am currently talking to someone new, a good friend of my brother's GF who is like an aunt of the girl i'm talking to as she has known her almost her whole life. We share a lot in common and are pretty much the same as personality. My brother's GF thinks that her and I are perfect for each other. We are currently just friends at the moment until we both finish our degrees. Or until she's ready to get back into a relationship. She knows that I like her and she likes me as a friend and enjoys my company. I'm hoping that we can eventually start a relationship but I'm not getting my hopes up at the moment, I am happily single at the moment with everything that's going on. If we ever get together in a relationship I don't know if I will tell her about being abdl. I'm sure I will eventually as I believe that she would need to know before things got really serious.

Sorry about the long paragraphs but that's about all of it. For those of you who read the whole thing, congratulations, I am all out of cookies to hand out.

Sorry about the breakup, but it sounds like you didn't have a lot in common or shared common interests. I does seem however, that if you took her on a 14 hour trip to see your parents, you probably should have spent a little more time with her, like going with her to the fireworks. I guess what I'm trying to say is that she invested 28 hours of riding in a car so going with her to fireworks and doing a few things with her seems like the courteous thing to do.

On the other hand, if you had only been dating for a month, you nor she really had a lot invested in one another. Most relationships don't work out, until the one that does. Better luck next time, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    Sorry about the breakup, but it sounds like you didn't have a lot in common or shared common interests. I does seem however, that if you took her on a 14 hour trip to see your parents, you probably should have spent a little more time with her, like going with her to the fireworks. I guess what I'm trying to say is that she invested 28 hours of riding in a car so going with her to fireworks and doing a few things with her seems like the courteous thing to do.

On the other hand, if you had only been dating for a month, you nor she really had a lot invested in one another. Most relationships don't work out, until the one that does. Better luck next time, I guess.
    I agree. She said she wanted to spend every waking minute with me. I was with her EVERY day for 3 weeks. I had a lot of my time invested in her already, I gave her all the free time that I had but I guess it wasn't enough. This other girl i'm talking to understands and her and I are on the same page with everything, she is focused on school right now as am I it's just easier for the both of us to remain friends until school is finished. She is a lot more understanding and doesn't need someone to be with her every second of every day.

But anyway the relationship didn't work out and I'm okay with that, She wasn't in love with me, She was in love in the thought of loving me.

Quote Originally Posted by cd158 View Post
    I

But anyway the relationship didn't work out and I'm okay with that, She wasn't in love with me, She was in love in the thought of loving me.
    Sometimes that happens and it's a road that doesn't usually lead to success. You're probably much better of having ended the relationship.