Just in case

Status
Not open for further replies.

Howwedoin

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
My wife confronted me the other day because she found a pee stain on the mattress (2nd one) and asked if it was a new one. Truth is, It happened when I was in that state of sleep and somewhat awake. I subconsciously let loose and caught it but enough hit the mattress before I flew out of bed. I wasn’t protected that night. I ‘m going to ask my doctor but I’m pretty sure it’s from working on construction projects around the house until really late and lack of sleep and stress. (I’m not here for a diagnosis - sorry)

My wife gets easily annoyed at the crinkle of diapers so I was thinking of getting a reusable cloth velcro-fastening diaper and a protective cover for my side of the bed. Or, just the PUL waterproof diaper cover to wear over underwear (or.no underwear at all). I’m looking for something to wear mostly every night just in case. I do want to protect myself to provide my wife peace of mind that it can be somewhat prevented should it happen again.

Any suggestions or cautions against these ideas????

Last edited:
All in ones tend to have the outer layer break down before the cloth does. You may want to consider cloth diapers with pul pants instead. You could also look into just using cloth-like disposables, or if you only ever leak small amounts then try a pullup.

she is going to have to decide whether she wants to hear the crinkle of diapers or have a pee-stained bed. i dont have any other suggestions or helpful info, sorry.

what about pull ups there is a great range of them at www.northshorecare.com no i am not on their team but yes i do get all mine from them and have for many years

Just A Thought try super undies

Disposables don't tend to cope with (involuntary) night wetting that well anyway, particularly for side sleepers. Some kind of cloth diaper would probably work better, and it's always worth having backup mattress protection.

ChocChip gave an excellent suggestion of using a cloth diaper at night and some sort of mattress protection.

For mattress protection, if your wife does not like the plastic mattress cover I would suggest a leakproof pad, like a puppy pad. I use the 30 x 23 puppy pads from Costco, that come 100 each per box for $15 dollars and change. I put one under the fitted sheet where I sleep and it works well. But.... I’m also wearing a cloth diaper as well.

I use disposables, but ones I can trust will not leak on me very often. For my "just in case" I sleep on a reusable washable bed mat. Similar in size to the disposable ones, but they are more heavy duty so they don't bunch up or move around as much.

last night out of the blue she said I should put the extra mattress protector under my side of the bed. It’s a smaller one thats my body size. I think that will give her some peace of mind and relax me more. Hopefully not too much. (wink) I was surprised that she was supportive with her request and not defensive or demanding.

I am a DL so I’m not too sad about the mattress protection. I did mention wearing a pullup to bed also just in case. If the pullup should leak, the mattress protector will contain it. I’ll make sure not to be pushy and ask for too much.

Here an idea she doesn't like the sound of plastic pants. Put some underwear on. It should hide most of the sound of the Plastic.

I'm sure I commented on this before, but don't see it so I'll comment again.

Since you don't seem to be leaking too much, I'd recommend you try using some simple pullups. Northshore go supreme is probably the best for pullups, but even store brands might be enough for you.

If you leaking is a little worse though, yiu can also conside using a cloth like disposable diaper too. Northshore air supreme would be a good bet, but there are plenty of ither brands out there too.

Lastly, if you still want to wear a plastic disposable, then you can always wear pul diaper cover over it. The cover has a outer cloth feeling (nylon), and will muffle the diaper clinkling sound.

Thank you Slomo for your response. I tried the mattress pad but made it around 2 hours. It doesn’t breathe so I woke up in a sweat. I promptly removed it and slept fine afterwards. Since that day, I’ve been wearing the Depend Flex-fit pullups. They’re really quiet and super soft. I’m a little worried they’ll leak if I have an accident so I’m debating getting a PUL diaper cover or breathable mattress pad if they make one.

I don’t have ANY experience and it’s hard to find straight answers on here. I’m going to have to find a video of the diaper cover to see exactly how they are.

I appreciate the help and constructive responses.

have a chat with the great people at www.northshorecare.com they will have some good ideas i am sure of it

Howwedoin said:
Thank you Slomo for your response. I tried the mattress pad but made it around 2 hours. It doesn’t breathe so I woke up in a sweat. I promptly removed it and slept fine afterwards. Since that day, I’ve been wearing the Depend Flex-fit pullups. They’re really quiet and super soft. I’m a little worried they’ll leak if I have an accident so I’m debating getting a PUL diaper cover or breathable mattress pad if they make one.

I don’t have ANY experience and it’s hard to find straight answers on here. I’m going to have to find a video of the diaper cover to see exactly how they are.

given your leakage might just make more sense to get a reusable mattress pad to sleep on and see if that works, otherwise you could try pvc pants, but be warned they can get a bit uncomfy to sleep in.

Howwedoin said:

What type of mattress pad did you use? I was referring to a cotton cloth pad, about 3ft square-ish, that has a waterproof backing. I find mine breathes just enough that I don't sweat from it. Any kind of full mattress protector made out of plastic/rubber/etc will though, which makes it tought for me too.

I'd also recommend you try northshore go supremes. I've heard they are the best pullups out there. If you're still worried about leaks with them, then upgrade to their air supremes which are cloth like disposables that still breathe on the sides.

Try wearing a proper fitting onesie or compression shorts both will help reduce the crinkle sounds but either way the sound of a plastic backed diaper is way better then a wet bed or pants.

After a few weeks you really stop noticing or thinking about your diaper and any crinkle sounds :) I wear Betterdry diapers and our bed is dry 99% of the time when I have a leak it’s usually caught by my reusable bed pad rhat ai can swap out when needed

If you are wearing soft plastic pants (Fetware or Leakmaster for example) crinkling really should not be a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back