Status
Not open for further replies.

Poohbearboy

18 months
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Incontinent
Who do you think can hold up better with wetting in the diapers.

Crinklz as I rarely leak in these

Honestly, this might be a bit of a wash, they're both very absorbent diapers. The base absorbency between a Medium Crinklz and a Medium ABU aren't far off from one another, same goes for the larger sizes. ABU's also fit me extremely snug, so I haven't leaked wearing those in years. Crinklz have huge standing leg guards which is better for messes, but helps with absorbency as well. I do find that ABU wicks away moisture quicker when compared to Crinklz, or at least that was my experience. I also only ordered Crinklz a handful of times and while I like their designs and their swell, I did actually leak with a few of them whereas I haven't leaked with ABU brands much at all.

Both are great diapers for wetting, but based on personal experience, I'll give ABU a slight edge because they have performed better for me, but it really is only a slight edge as both are great brands :)

The ABUniverse SDKs are far superior to the Crinklz or Better Dry brands. They have a far nicer plastic backing, tapes that hold well, and enough capacity to maintain adequate fluid retention to keep a good, balanced ratio of swaps and leakage protection. The mat finish on the Crinklz product renders them a more delicate taping surface, and tape placement is very difficult with a require learning curve. The ABUniverse products do not have this problem because their taping panel offers the proper guidance of where a caregiver should position the tabs for maximum effectiveness. I also find the Better Dry product as being better than Crinklz over all, because of the shiner, softer, more durable white outer backing. Same with the Dry 24/7s.

ABU Space/Pawz/Simples for me worked better than Crinklz by absorbing faster, distributing more evenly and better featured for retention.

Crinklz do have a big capacity though and fit counts for a lot so appreciate others may have a different experience.

Hi, Thanks for the Information, i like astronaut stuff and i have try ABU Space, great diapers, the only drawback is the plastic shell. it is no shiny/smooth (like pastel color and has No astronauts unlike there onesie witch it has!:tongueout:)
Any way i was thinking of getting Crinklz because one the astronaut prints and 2 the shiny plastic shell!
so now i am going to look at more options!

Last edited:
I feel like ABUniverse has a pretty big variety of Diapers, which makes them more suitable to a wider range of people than the few Diapers (really the same Diaper in Several Prints AFAIK) by Crinklz would, and I also love ABUniverse because if their Baltimore warehouse has what I want in stock I can order Wednesday night or Thursday morning and have my order by Saturday at the latest pretty consistently, which I like because that's a quick order to delivery window, how could you not like consistency?, plus it is always awkward for me if my Mom asks about an order (which she knows is Diapers and doesn't really like, but it's more of a "weird" awkwardness than it actually being a problem)

Crinklz hold more than my standard ABU diaper, the Plastic Preschool. I like them both and I wear them in different situations. I rarely need as much as a Space/Simple/Little Pawz will hold but Crinklz are close in capacity and less expensive. I'll continue to buy both.

I also found Crinklz held more than a standard ABU diaper, but was on par with the new PeekABU's. However, I'm not so sure this holds true anymore since the last 2 batched I got for Crinklz had significanly less SAP.

Having used Crinklz and Little Pawz, I think that Crinklz absorbs a bit more but I like the feel and fade when wet designs of ABU better. I really like the swell of a soaked Crinklz more than LP though.

So in terms of quality, it's a toss up. But if price is a factor, Crinklz are a fair bit cheaper and my go to diaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back