embaressing dry247 leaked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kashmir

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
So i went to bed put on a dr247 slept for 3 hours leaked so i put on a new dry247 slept another 3 hours leaked again what should i do 😢😢😢😭😭😭😭😭

You should NEVER have a leak with a dry 24-7 period full stop! Are you preparing the diaper correctly with the (V) channel vs just putting it on from the bag which will give you a (W) channel that will set you up for failure. Also are you a flooder? if so if you can control the output you need to slow it down for absorbing properly. Also side sleeping and a ill applied diaper will cause failure too.
Did you cut the diaper trying to open the bag with a knife or scissors? that could be a issue too. Out of 1,000 diapers I have had one with failure in the plastic.

V yes flooder yes hard to controll when im asleep tho

Mojo said:
V yes flooder yes hard to controll when im asleep tho
How about cutting the diaper when you opened the bag or are you a side sleeper?

Im a side sleeper and I found the dry 24/7s leaked if I flooded, I have since switched to Better dry and Crinklz diapers and they work way better the the dry 24/7’s as they are more absorbant but the 24/7 wick better.

xpluswearer said:
How about cutting the diaper when you opened the bag or are you a side sleeper?
No cut holes

- - - Updated - - -

NeverKnow said:
There could be a lot of things going on. It'd be helpful if you could give more information.

Do you sleep on your side? Where was the leak? Have you had much success with them in the past or are you trying them for the first time? What size are you wearing, and how big are your waist and hips? Are you generally a bedwetter, and what protection have you been wearing in the past?

I sleep on my side but at this point in time i was sleeping on my back and was pointed down it leaked out the side up near the tapes

The second tim i waz on my stomach and it leaked out the top

- - - Updated - - -

Normaly ill wear crinkelz but im almost out and have alot of dry 247

Rob110 said:
Im a side sleeper and I found the dry 24/7s leaked if I flooded, I have since switched to Better dry and Crinklz diapers and they work way better the the dry 24/7’s as they are more absorbant but the 24/7 wick better.

Seconded. I stay well hydrated and also sleep on my sude. Confidry24/7 and Northshore Supreme will almost always leak on me overnight. Most recently Crinklz has had less SAP, so they are leaking on me now too. That never used to happen with either Betterdry or Crinklz though. Not sure if its two bad batches in a row, or permanently cheapened up by the manufacturer though.

The leak guards on the confidry aren't anything special, and their lower tapes are lower than average on the back wing. Before taping up, I'd suggest you make sure to "peel up" the leak guards because sometimes they're stuck down partly or completely. Then make sure you fold the middle so you get a nice rounded downward "V" channel in the crotch. You don't want an upward crease in the crotch, that will be a lot more likely to leak. When wetting, you should only feel wetness in the middle, not off to the sides. If it feels like you're getting wet off to one side only, either turn a little bit or consider adjusting your diaper. Of course this is all expecting you to be sleeping on your back - side sleepers and stomach-sleepers have a lot more challenge in staying leak-free.

Sounds like a wrong diaper size issue.

Honestly, never been impressed with the 24x7. If I'm sitting in a chair that leans back, it leaks out the top. It has a much slower absorbtion rate than premium diapers. I managed to fix it with an ABU Power up placed horizontally across the back, though.

The same thing happened to me.I know diapers will leek and that is way that make pads.
So i stick with my Attends.

jeffeybug said:
The same thing happened to me.I know diapers will leek and that is way that make pads.
So i stick with my Attends.

Attends are on the very low end.

mayhem said:
Attends are on the very low end.

They are however they beat a pad by a New York Mile.

Previous comments about the sizing and slow absorption of Dry24/7's resonate with me. I've had repeated issues with leaks in medium Dry24/7's as well, even when preparing them with v-folds, etc. I think the issue is partly due to their slow wicking, but even more to their relatively large sizing. If the OP ordered the same size Dry24/7's as they did other diapers, odds are good that they ended up with diapers that are simply too big. With my 31" waist I definitely am too small for the medium Dry24/7's, though mediums in pretty much every other brand of diaper fit fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back