Changes in Crinklz diapers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ebabyboy12

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Incontinent
I wear Crinklz as my everyday diaper and I’ve noticed a change in the softness of the diaper. Especially in the front. Much more stiff like a NorthShore Supreme Diapers. I find them to be louder as well. Not complaining as I actually prefer them to be a tad stiffer. They also swell up more now. Has anyone else noticed this? I did notice the package changed on my last deliverey so I don’t know if that means they changed the diaper too.

Crinklz aquanaut is also slightly softer, compared with Betterdry. The plastic is also somewhat softer, I think. That might be, because the factory doesn’t deliver a constant quality.

I don't care for the mat finish on the Aquanauts. The North Shore Supremes have a better quality outer backing, as do the Dry 24/7s.

Ehorton said:
I wear Crinklz as my everyday diaper and I’ve noticed a change in the softness of the diaper. Especially in the front. Much more stiff like a NorthShore Supreme Diapers. I find them to be louder as well. Not complaining as I actually prefer them to be a tad stiffer. They also swell up more now. Has anyone else noticed this? I did notice the package changed on my last deliverey so I don’t know if that means they changed the diaper too.

I tried creating a thread about this last week. Not sure why it never showed up. But YES, I have absolutely noticed!!!

The newest run of Crinklz has significantly less SAP. That's why it feels less smooth, because it isn't swelling up the plastic smooth. The less sap also means the plastic isn't stretched out, and that extra looseness is what makes it louder for longer.

I've already complained to Northshore about this, and the lesser tapes (again). I've noticed after at least 6 hours the tapes tend to slowly come loose, and will completely seperate within 12 hours (usually never "popping", just loosing their stickyness).

Worse still, Northshore was great to send me a bag from an even newer batch. And I got the same problems. Not Northshore's fault, these are just more cheaply made.

All together this has me deeply concerned. It seems this manufacturer is trying to go the same way as other failed diapers before them. It really seems they are cheapening up their diapers while still charging the same price. While they used to last me overnight without leaking, this is sadly no longer the case ( I'm well hydrated and a side sleeper). Might be time to switch to the new PeekABU's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back