Ever been accused of faking your disability?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calico

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Other
I am curious how many here have been accused of faking having a disability just because they are into this or any other kink?

I have been accused of it a few times online just because I am into ABDL.

I have a several times but when I show them the medical records they typically do 1 of 2 things. 1 They profusely apologize or 2 they say that the records are faked and refuse to obtain records when a release of information is offered to be filled out and signed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is being AB/DL a disability? Are you really trying to claim this as a disability?

I can see where a legitimately diagnosed case of IC would be.

Being an AB in no way prevents me from pursuing my profession, or requires special consideration from my employer.

Do you have some other type of disability that they are not fairly considering?

Not because of being abdl, but yeah I've been accused of faking my disability. Usually when I park in a HC spot. When I get out of my car you can't tell I'm disabled. But because I nearly lost my left leg and busted up both knees it doesn't take long for the pain to come back. Nobody ever accuses me of faking when I'm hobbling back to my car, that's for sure.

I've also gotten the usual flack when using a handicapped stall. A quick flash of my diaper with the "not all disabilities are visible" usually shuts them up though.

littlemoosey said:
Is being AB/DL a disability? Are you really trying to claim this as a disability?
I can see where a legitimately diagnosed case of IC would be.
Being an AB in no way prevents me from pursuing my profession, or requires special consideration from my employer.
Do you have some other type of disability that they are not fairly considering?
Umm. . . Dude, no. She's not claiming ABDL is a disability. She's Aspie; that's a type of Autie. She's saying she's read, "You're faking Asperger's Autism because you're ABDL."

I'm pretty sure.

No, Calico, honey, I haven't, at least, not online, but, my only online ABDL presence is here, and, ADISCers know better.

I think the reason they accuse you of faking, is because, NTs, heaven bless their hearts, have no way to wrap their minds around Aspies. Aspies are so mild, we get, "You're not Autistic; you're just not trying! You're not Autistic; you can type in full sentences! You're not Autistic, you're just being intentionally stupid," and, it's like, "Oh, really, Joe, or Joanne Neurotypical? Is that why you can't understand what I'm saying, or asking!? I can't be having trouble communicating, or being understood by your NT self, because I'm on the autism spectrum, at all! I'm just being stupid!" Sarcasm.

Also, a few ABDL extremists have tried faking autism, to get diapers changed. A few have even, unsuccessfully, tried claiming ABDL itself, was a disability, (crazy :censored:ers) which, is why Littlemoosey asked.

I so understand what you feel about Neurotypicals misunderstanding what we say. It's infuriating, but, to be fair, we misunderstand them just as much. Just know your not the only one who knows what it's like.

It's cool, Littlemoosey. You didn't know.

Last edited:
SpAzpieSweeTot said:
Umm. . . Dude, no. She's not claiming ABDL is a disability. She's Aspie; that's a type of Autie. She's saying she's read, "You're faking Asperger's Autism because your're ABDL."

I'm pretty sure.

No, Calico, honey, I haven't, at least, not online, but, my only online ABDL presence is here, and, ADISCers know better.

I think the reason they accuse you of faking, is because, NTs, heaven bless their hearts, have no way to wrap their minds around Aspies. Aspies are so mild, we get, "You're not Autistic; you're just not trying! You're not Autistic; you can type in full sentences! You're not Autistic, you're just being intentionally stupid," and, it's like, "Oh, really, Joe, or Joanne Neurotypical? Is that why you can't understand what I'm saying, or asking!? I can't be having trouble communicating, or being understood by your NT self, because I'm on the autism spectrum, at all! I'm just being stupid!" Sarcasm.

Also, a few ABDL extremists have tried faking autism, to get diapers changed. A few have even, unsuccessfully, tried claiming ABDL itself, was a disability, (crazy :censored:ers) which, is why Littlemoosey asked.

I so understand what you feel about Neurotypicals misunderstanding what we say. It's infuriating, but, to be fair, we misunderstand them just as much. Just know your not the only one who knows what it's like

It's cool, Littlemoosey. You didn't know.

Sorry about that, I should have looked at the "about me" section of their information, all I noticed was the AB/DL.

I have never heard the term, "neurotypical" I am guessing that would be...me?

There is nothing in About Me listing any disabilities other than what groups I am in in my profile.

littlemoosey said:
Sorry about that, I should have looked at the "about me" section of their information, all I noticed was the AB/DL.
I have never heard the term, "neurotypical" I am guessing that would be...me?
Neurotypical, or NT, was coined by Dr. Temple Grandin, who, happens to be a Spectrumite. That means she's somewhere on the autism spectrum, too. NT means neurologically typical. It basically means a typical kind of mind.

I don't know what your neurotype is, but, I wasn't referring to you as Joe Neurotypical. Joe and Joanne are those meany-butt NTs, who say we're just not trying, assume autism means human house plant, or, say we're purposely being stupid, or difficult to understand.

That's not you. You're NT, assuming you have a typical kind of mind, but, not Joe, as you asked a legitimate question.:hug: It's not your fault you had trouble understanding. Calico and I have communication issues. I can imagine we're infuriating, too. It's no one's fault. I appreciate you actually asking the question, especially since you did it so nicely. Don't feel bad about this, at all. Please, please, don't.

Do you know how many times my Spectrumite butt has misunderstood an NT, as saying something he or she didn't say, and had to go back and apologize all over myself? It happens, infuriatingly often, but, no biggie.

Last edited:
SpAzpieSweeTot said:
Neurotypical, or NT, was coined by Dr. Temple Grandin, who, happens to be a Spectrumite. That means she's somewhere on the autism spectrum, too. NT means neurologically typical. It basically means a typical kind of mind.

I don't know what your neurotype is, but, I wasn't referring to you as Joe Neurotypical. Joe and Joanne are those meany-butt NTs, who say we're just not trying, assume autism means human house plant, or, say we're purposely being stupid, or difficult to understand.

That's not you. You're NT, assuming you have a typical kind of mind, but, not Joe, as you asked a legitimate question.:hug: It's not your fault you had trouble understanding. Calico and I have communication issues. I can imagine we're infuriating, too. It's no one's fault. I appreciate you actually asking the question, especially since you did it so nicely. Don't feel bad about this, at all, please, please, don't.

Do you know how many times my Spectrumite butt has misunderstood an NT, as saying something he or she didn't say, and had to go back and apologize all over myself? It happens, infuriatingly often, but, no biggie.

I deliberately made my question vague because I wanted to see how many here have been accused of faking their disability because people thought they were just claiming to have one to justify their kink or ABDL as if one can't be both and use ABDL for it. I think it can be confusing for others because are they role playing or is that their disability.

Reminds me on Wrongplanet when an autistic teen had a thing for straps and it was a sensory thing, others on there called it a kink and accused him of posting his kinks there. He of course explained and not everyone bought it so therefore I would think they thought he was just faking that part of him to justify his "kink." Even autistic people misunderstand others with it so it's not really just an NT thing. :(

Nope. But then again no one knows about this. I'm pretty sure if it got out the FIRST question will be "Is this because of your [choose from fibro, neuropathy, or Aspergers]?"

Calico said:
I deliberately made my question vague because I wanted to see how many here have been accused of faking their disability because people thought they were just claiming to have one to justify their kink or ABDL as if one can't be both and use ABDL for it. I think it can be confusing for others because are they role playing or is that their disability.

Reminds me on Wrongplanet when an autistic teen had a thing for straps and it was a sensory thing, others on there called it a kink and accused him of posting his kinks there. He of course explained and not everyone bought it so therefore I would think they thought he was just faking that part of him to justify his "kink." Even autistic people misunderstand others with it so it's not really just an NT thing. :(
Right? I know we misunderstand each other, especially when we have the same trait, being a problem at the same time, and when we do, we really do it strongly. We can be exceptionally gullible, too, so, there's a chance the guy was doing exactly what he has accused of, and some of us caught it, and some of us were like, "but why would he lie?"

I'm not judging the guy as good, or evil, either way.

I think more research needs to be done on the sexual development, and, "love languages," of Spectrumites. I think it's easier to be atypical in that department, because our social approaches, and sensory needs, are already so wired for weird.

Oh, great! Just great! How do I explain this without people reading stuff into it.

I have a bestie. Honestly, we're thinking of caregiving for each other. He calls me Sissy, and I call him Bubba. If I let him care for me, I could never let anyone else do it, because, it'd feel like cheating. Here's the thing. Why? He's my Bubba, and I'm his Sissy. We're not partners. We'll never, ever boink, anyway, so, why? Because the same deep, "I love you," is being communicated, even though there's no boinking, so, it's like, "Ohhhhh, now I know why they classify this how they do."

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry for derailIng you thread, sweetheart. I just couldn't let you get mistaken for trying to do something terrible. To get us back on topic, my answer was, "Never online, but it certainly has happened, and, it's a pain in the :censored:."

Nobody in my real life knows I'm an ABDL, but I've still been accused of milking my disability for services people think I don't need. Never accused of outright faking though... yet.

Do you frequent WP often, Calico? I do, I'm StarTrekker there. Feel free to PM me if you're so inclined, we don't have to mention to the other WPers which other forums we visit :sweatdrop:

Uh...I have a mother that falsely claims that I have a disability. Does that count?

Starlight99 said:
Uh...I have a mother that falsely claims that I have a disability. Does that count?

Does she have Munchausen by proxy?

Starlight99 said:
Now, you have 2 people curious. What's up with her? Is it a simple case of, "He's AB. He must, therefore, be mentally ill enough to be disabled," to her, or what?

Calico said:
Does she have Munchausen by proxy?

This was a Dr. Phil episode. The case had national attention. It is fraud.

Scaramouche said:

What was fraud? The mom pretending she was faking her kid's disability just so she can be on the show or the mom faking her kid's disability?

Scaramouche said:
I didn't see it. Care to clue me in?

Oh that one, yeah the mother really did have MBP and the daughter has tried to escape but the mother would always hunt her down. Then finally she snapped and killed her mother and she got sentenced for it. I hear she is actually happy behind bars because she can finally be normal now and many people support her including me. There are no laws out there to protect victims unfortunately. I bet being behind bars is no different for her because she basically has been a prisoner her whole life. She never had a normal childhood, never had a normal life. Escaping her mother was equivalent to her escaping from prison and being captured again and taken back. If I had to pick between prison and living with my own mother where I have to live like a disabled person, I would pick prison.

So her sentence is a joke. It's not a punishment, it's freedom and she's never had a great life so how would prison be any different? She doesn't have to be disabled anymore. She can be normal now. Hopefully she will be released someday and be given a chance at life she never had.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back