Status
Not open for further replies.

Makubird

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
I found a sewing pattern for a cute flying squirrel (cuddle cloth). This weekend I decided to give it a try:

DSC030402.JPG

I was very happy with the result and I became curious how an adult sized cuddle cloth would feel. So I made this big friend:

DSC030422.JPG

He measures 26x20 inches. My pacifier can be attached to his right paw.
His name is Flurrel.

Has any of you ever tried/used an adult size cuddle cloth?

Last edited:
Haha....very cute, and you're a lot more talented than I am. Mine would have looked like a blob of cloth.....sigh.

He's so cute! That's very good :) where did you find the pattern? I love making plushies and things like this!

That is so cute!!!

OMG. So cute. :D

I haven't made anything, but I accidentally bought these 'baby play mats' that were a plush bear and sheep. I -thought- they were blankies, but they're actually kind of like a cuddle cloth. Flatbear and Baatheny even have squeakers in their noses. XD

Thanks for your kind comments! He is cute and I really love him. He is not that difficult to make.

Wuggle said:
He's so cute! That's very good :) where did you find the pattern? I love making plushies and things like this!

You can download the pattern here: https://whileshenaps.com/2014/09/flying-squirrel-a-free-pattern.html.
I printed the pattern at 200% and taped the paper sheets together. Beware that there is an error in the pattern: the locations of the ears and eyes are not symmetrical. You might want to correct that.

I used a different fabric for his back and belly. The back is from a thick jersey, the belly from a very soft fleece. The felt (ears and paws) is 3 mm thick, the safety eyes are 15 mm in diameter. With the right paw I sewed in a small piece of lace to attach the pacifier.

Please ask me if you need more help.

CuddleWoozle said:
OMG. So cute. :D

I haven't made anything, but I accidentally bought these 'baby play mats' that were a plush bear and sheep. I -thought- they were blankies, but they're actually kind of like a cuddle cloth. Flatbear and Baatheny even have squeakers in their noses. XD

Squeakers :smile1:. I might make a squeaky nose for my next plushie.

Holy bananas that's the cutest pattern ever! *Must... resist... temptation! Don't... need... more... blankies!!*

Oh no. Now I'm getting... IDEAS!! A squeaker in the tail, a chime in the head, a handful of plastic beads for weight and texture in the body, and that crinkly plasticky paper stuff people put in baby toys to make it sound, well, crinkly, maybe a little in each paw. Oh no, my crafting demon has escaped!

Wuggle said:
Holy bananas that's the cutest pattern ever! *Must... resist... temptation! Don't... need... more... blankies!!*

Oh no. Now I'm getting... IDEAS!! A squeaker in the tail, a chime in the head, a handful of plastic beads for weight and texture in the body, and that crinkly plasticky paper stuff people put in baby toys to make it sound, well, crinkly, maybe a little in each paw. Oh no, my crafting demon has escaped!

Go for it! Go!
:smile1:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back