Elite Dangerous

Lestat

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Who plays Elite Dangerous and what type of ships do you all run.

I have Two accounts.

First account has
Anaconda Being built to be an Exploration ship.
Cutter, Large trade ship
Krait MKII Combat ship.

Second account has
Anaconda being built for starting of Exploration.

I have it, but I couldn't get into it very well. Simple things seemed unnecessarily complicated. I played for several hours and.... well... I got nowhere at all. Plus, I'd have to pay more to get more features, as I don't have the season/expansion pass thing. But... I might give it another try someday.

ShippoFox said:
I have it, but I couldn't get into it very well. Simple things seemed unnecessarily complicated. I played for several hours and.... well... I got nowhere at all. Plus, I'd have to pay more to get more features, as I don't have the season/expansion pass thing. But... I might give it another try someday.
Listen you can always ask for my help. Elite Dangerous is complex. If you are having a problem ask for help. Now the Season pass might be a good idea. You can get engineered weapons and land on planets. It depends on the user and computer hardware. and what they want.

Note it depends on what Rig you are using. PC PS4 Xbox. Apple has been dropped You have to use Windows Wine I think that what it called.

I have been playing Elite for 34 years. The game No man sky and the lame 30-hour gameplay can't touch me. Star Citizen and still in alpha for 4 years can't touch me.

Here what I did so far. Been to Sag A* with no repairs. Explored as long as Horizon been out. With a crappy Anaconda with 17ly jump range. I scan 7,000 systems.

Now I working on making a super Anaconda 75 ly jump range so I can stay longer in the deep. Now I can get to Sag A* in less than 150 Jumps. When it took me 2,000 Jumps before. Now using the riskier Neutron Jump systems. Dangerous and you can die. But it saves times.

I love No Man's Sky. Most people agree that it's a great game after the latest updates, yes, even people that hated it at launch. So don't have too much confidence in old reviews and opinions of it.

I have Elite Dangerous for pc. Gtx 970 and i7 4790k,so running it isn't one of my problems. I had trouble warping to the right system, mining, landing, uhm... Pretty much everything was tough. Though the space station I saw was beautiful

ShippoFox said:
I love No Man's Sky. Most people agree that it's a great game after the latest updates, yes, even people that hated it at launch. So don't have too much confidence in old reviews and opinions of it.
I like scientific facts. And seeing nebulas and Sag A*. Gravity and size of planets and systems is also a factor. That is why No man sky is not a game for me.

I have Elite Dangerous for pc. Gtx 970 and i7 4790k,so running it isn't one of my problems.
Running i7 8750 Nvidia 1070 8gb

I had trouble warping to the right system, mining, landing, uhm... Pretty much everything was tough. Though the space station I saw was beautiful[/QUOTE]

Let start with landing on Large stations. It really easy.

Lock onto the station. Ask permission to dock. Once you enter the station. You don't need to worry about the number. I show you an easy way to dock. When you enter the station fly slowly at the Red light and focus on your Compass is going to face the direction of your landing pad. Roll right or left (whichever is closer) until and that the Compass white Dot point down while flying forward. If you see it like a mini o you pass your landing pad and you have to back up. When you start descending. You see the landing pad and landing pad number in front of you.

In Alpha, they had a bug and we could not see the landing pad Hologram. I learn to dock using just the compass.

Smaller stations. You just have to fly around until you see your landing pad.

Now what are you having the problem with Mining and what ship are you using?

I haven't played it in a while, and I didn't get anywhere, so I guess Sidewinder

ShippoFox said:
I haven't played it in a while, and I didn't get anywhere, so I guess Sidewinder

So you are in the starter area and for you to want to start mining you need a Hauler I would suggest a Cobra MKIII with two mining lasers and 2 combat weapons. A Refinery, Storage and a Prospector Limpets A collector nice but really not needed and we need a nice system with good resources.

If you need help I can come to you. I can use either my Krait MkII or Cutter.

Are you into combat? You only need to collect 50k for a Cobra.

Tomorrow I will be playing a lot of Elite.

I don't know if I will have the chance to play it soon (other games and stuff preventing it), but i do want to try it out again. and I hope I will have a much better experience. What's the best way to get money when you're just starting?

ShippoFox said:
I don't know if I will have the chance to play it soon (other games and stuff preventing it), but I do want to try it out again. and I hope I will have a much better experience. What's the best way to get money when you're just starting?
If you restart the game You should get a mission to go to another system. I think it has a Ringworld with a Large Station. Use the money you have. Buy some Gimbal weapons. Go to a to the Ring Look for high or Low res sites. and hunt some Pirates. Scan them and attack them. You can let the authorities do most of the damage and Just attack them before they are destroyed. Rebuild your Sidewinder to have better power draw and such maybe some armor until you get the money for a Cobra. Then you can sell your Sidewinder and get a cobra.

When you get a cobra. You have many choices for you.

1 Mine ores. With a Refinery, Prospector/ Limpets and a few mining lasers
2 Make a Cobra explorer Use the basic discovery scanner, Fuel scoop and collect info on systems.
3 Combat ship.
4 Buy and Sell Trade good.
5 Missions.

Listen I willing to help you. Diapers and baby play don't have to be in the mix. We are both old farts on Adisc forums. I am a real old fart on Elite 1984. If we are in a wing and only us. It can talk about Unless it another family member around or another player in the same wing.

I have been in Elite Dangerous for 4 years. I started at pre Alpha.

Lestat said:
We are both old farts on Adisc forums. I am a real old fart on Elite 1984.

"Old fart"..... really not the phrase I would use, no offense.... but yep, we've both been here a long while. I was here before it was ADISC.

I do plan to try Elite Dangerous again, but probably not right now. I'm busy with NMS. And Star Control: Origins comes out soon. Aaaaaand.... I would sorta like to get the expansion thing on sale sometime before I try the game again.... unless the sale isn't good enough, as I've already considered and passed it up a few times already.

ShippoFox said:
"Old fart"..... really not the phrase I would use, no offense.... but yep, we've both been here a long while. I was here before it was ADISC.
I m just being funny.
I do plan to try Elite Dangerous again, but probably not right now. I'm busy with NMS. And Star Control: Origins comes out soon. Aaaaaand.... I would sorta like to get the expansion thing on sale sometime before I try the game again.... unless the sale isn't good enough, as I've already considered and passed it up a few times already.
Before Xmiss They will be releasing Chapter 4. It tends to be when they have sales.

Now the Expansion. Check on Elite Dangerous site as well as steam. Not sure which you are using. If you have Steam but see a sale on the Frontier site. Contact Frontier first them and explain you have it on Steam but the sale on the Frontier website seems better.

I've pretty much only looked on Steam and Humble store. I got the game from Steam

ShippoFox said:
I've pretty much only looked on Steam and Humble store. I got the game from Steam
If you see the price lower on Frontier site. Contact them first.

A question does VR headset or any head tracker works for NMS?

I don't have a VR headset. They cost too much. But no, NMS dosn't support that. It may or may not in the future.

ShippoFox said:
I don't have a VR headset. They cost too much. But no, NMS dosn't support that. It may or may not in the future.
Well what a bummer. Another reason why I don't think I will get NMS.

Lestat said:
Well what a bummer. Another reason why I don't think I will get NMS.

Your loss. But... if it doesn't interest you, then that's okay. No game is right for everyone.

ShippoFox said:
You don't have to get a full Blown VR headset. I use Tobii Eye Tracker and I also used the TrackIr 5 Optical Head Tracking. And to fly by a star or planet and turn your head and look at something is so cool. When I was exploring in my anaconda. I seen a Earth like World that had a ring around it. It was cool. Behind that you see the two Stars.

They seem to be a lot cheaper.

I was trying to play Elite Dangerous for a few hours. I want to like this game so much... but.... I was only frustrated. And maybe amused by how bad I was. I kept missing the azeban orbital station (yes, tutorial).... by either overshooting the station or slowing down too soon. Then i kept crashing into walls while trying to land. (I never succeeded) The control schemes are pretty hard to get used to... I have about 12-ish hours in this game total... and I am nowhere. This is why I just gave up on it the first time. :frown:

Last edited:
ShippoFox said:
I was trying to play Elite Dangerous for a few hours. I want to like this game so much... but.... I was only frustrated. And maybe amused by how bad I was. I kept missing the azeban orbital station (yes, tutorial).... by either overshooting the station or slowing down too soon. Then i kept crashing into walls while trying to land. (I never succeeded) The control schemes are pretty hard to get used to... I have about 12-ish hours in this game total... and I am nowhere. This is why I just gave up on it the first time. :frown:

Your using Flight Throttle. Bad move. What I want you to do is set a button for Throttle to 0 instead of using Throttle to land look at your Flight Thurst up down left right forward backwards. Those controls you thrust until you let off the key and it will return to 0 slowly. So you can tap slowly and adjust speed slowly.

The Flight Throttle great in combat as a set speed but not so great in landing.

(What in Bold is the location on your Edit Control)

Back