Not open for further replies.

HTML

ADISC Moderator
Staff
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Does anyone do any gardening, albeit flowers, vegetables, succulents, etc.

Im wondering, because I've tried growing pumpkins for several years, and am finally getting actual pumpkins to grow, as a posed to just the flowers.

I'm pretty excited!

Talk to member egor.

As far as I know, pumpkins are not so difficult to grow. They need a lot of water and a lot of free space to grow.

Scaramouche said:
Talk to member egor.

Gee why would you say this?

Just because I raise Hopi corn and grind my own corn meal, raise sugar pie pumpkins to make pumpkin pie, Tomatoes to make salsa and other tomato sauces, or that I have spent the last 24+ hours picking grapes and stemming them to make jam and raisins and waiting for some friends to come pick up the other 40+ lbs. of extra grapes that I have.

I would like to invite you to go look at the "foodie group".

There is a gardening thread, canning thread and all kinds of recipes that we share.

To get back to the original question of the thread... I like to do a bit of gardening, mostly flowers. I like to grow roses and have had some success over the years. Petunias are nice looking in the hot summer time, too. Congrats, too, to egor on all your successful endeavors.

Yeah, but you know what happens on October 31 in a dark, midnight pumpkin patch. Yes, a Pumpkinhead demon rises and slaughters everyone and everything in his way. I hope you're satisfied you pumpkin growers!!!!!

diaperbobby said:
To get back to the original question of the thread... I like to do a bit of gardening, mostly flowers. I like to grow roses and have had some success over the years. Petunias are nice looking in the hot summer time, too. Congrats, too, to egor on all your successful endeavors.

You bring up a good point.

Back to the OP. I grew pumpkins in LA as a kid and all they did was bloom and no pumpkins. So keep trying, location does effect certain plants.

As far as pumpkins and space, if you do not allow for space they will take over and make their own. I have planted pumpkins and corn in the same box. if the corn does not get a head start the pumpkins will chock them out. Pumpkins will even pull up weeds, and choke them out. Grapes are almost as bad.

Both will do good with or without lots of water. it just depends on if you want to eat them or not. grapes will be smaller and pumpkins will be very tough and stringy.

As for the congratulations: thanks but the BS in Biology with an emphasis in botany and ecology helps, also growing up on a farm did not hurt either :laugh:

dogboy said:
Yeah, but you know what happens on October 31 in a dark, midnight pumpkin patch. Yes, a Pumpkinhead demon rises and slaughters everyone and everything in his way. I hope you're satisfied you pumpkin growers!!!!!

That's not how I heard it!

[video=youtube;H2H0TfvNU3w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2H0TfvNU3w[/video]

^.^

Sapphyre said:

[video=youtube;[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGTNj2BEaaM[/url][/video]

^.^

I hope this works, also from Youtube. This is the version I enjoy......Boowah-hah.

- - - Updated - - -

Sapphyre said:

[video=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGTNj2BEaaM[/video]

^.^

I hope this works, also from Youtube. This is the version I enjoy......Boowah-hah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back