I get annoyed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Carer
When I hear about people who just turned abdl overnight or see girls on tumblr who out of nowhere turned abdl one day no partner or nothing they just were bored and picked it up for some reason , I was born abdl just like some people are born gay or the wrong sex it wasn’t purposely it’s just always been that way. I shouldn’t feel this way I know I just feel like a lot of the Abdls I see on YouTube and tumblr that have a following have been into the scene for only a few years and it’s just something I personally identify with and they seem fake to me! Sorry I know I sound like an ass

I understand how you feel. When people call it age play I'm thinking that the only age I play is that of an adult

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've often wondered about instant AB/DLs, or people who realize they are, later in life. It's possible that it takes some people time to finally act on something that may have been latent in their subconscious. Maybe there's an emotional event that brings it to the surface?

dogboy said:
I've often wondered about instant AB/DLs, or people who realize they are, later in life. It's possible that it takes some people time to finally act on something that may have been latent in their subconscious. Maybe there's an emotional event that brings it to the surface?

It was always kind of lurking around there for me. Finally one day I said "Well, this looks like a decent enough place. I think I'll join and see how everyone else is...if it's too out there, I can always just say "Sorry, I suppose I was wrong but thanks!"

Fortunately for me, it turned out that I wasn't wrong. :)

I'm also curiously off-put by the term "Age-play". Or maybe it's just that whenever I see stuff with that particular wording it's kinkier than I want to see. There's too much dissonance between regression and 'regression for sex' for me. (That and there's also something weird about seeing baby accoutrements with words like "Daddy's Little Slut" on them. O_O Maybe I don't get the attraction being asexual? Or maybe it connects too closely to the whole "AB/DL's are pedos" mentality.

Also, I don't 'Play' as an age. It's the age I already am inside. I'm basically a kid trapped in a large body. People think it's hilarious when they see 'Big', but when they see someone in real life who feels like that, they think it's creepy. :p

And I have no partner. And I don't particularly feel like you MUST have one, nor that the ab/dl must be initiated by a male. (Which is what it's coming off as, if that's not what you meant, disregard. :3)

I think I've been a kid in an adult body for most of my life. It's just the nature of my personality. I'm actually glad for that because the world still possesses wonder for me. I love getting out on our walking/bike trail. Every time I see the same trees and the same rocks, they still fascinate me. It's as if they possess their own mystery. The same thing with playing piano. There's always something new to discover and explore. I still make jokes and enjoy people and friends, and I love to get out an play, even if it's now adult play like going for a walk, hiking, or even going to a new restaurant.

Honestly I think that truly being abdl is something that starts in childhood, much like sexual orientation or gender identity. I remember being four years old and asking my mom if I could wear diapers because I was jealous of the fact that my baby sister got them. I was in love with my sippy cup with the rubber spout because it reminded me of a baby bottle. I watched Peter Pan, envious of little Michael because he got to wear footie pjs and I had always wanted some. And those are just my earliest memories. Even if we don’t have a name for it when we’re young, I think most true abdls have memories of being interested in baby stuff or diapers from an early age. I would find it curious if an ordinary person with no history of abdl interests suddenly spontaneously developed them one day. As Cuddlewoozle said, the sex fetish subgroup always weirded me out, like the inherent innocence of childhood which is the reason so many of us are drawn to the lifestyle is being defiled.

Honestly, I have an interesting way of looking at this.

If someone identifies as an AB later on in life or discovers the community and it genuinely appeals to them, then I am certainly not annoyed, if anything, I think it's a good thing. Who are you to say that someone who chooses to indulge or come out in a short period of time isn't a genuine AB? I maintain that reaching a point of acceptance regarding ones ABness takes time, for some it takes longer than others. I'm sure there are people on this very site who came to embrace and indulge their AB sides later on in life. It also seems to me that people who have held onto these desires for a longer period of time, take the first chance they get to express themselves and they often do so out of the blue and in a relatively short span of time. Furthermore, while I certainly feel I was born like this as well, I wasn't aware of that my entire life, it was only in hindsight, looking back at how long I've had these feelings and desires that made me come to the realization that I was a born AB. Who is to say that some of these same people that have earned your annoyance aren't the same? Maybe they are genuine ABs who just took longer to embrace this side of themselves and are just now deciding to do a deep dive at exploring/expressing it.

So, OK, say some other people discover AB by searching it up online, or learning about the community through other avenues and they suddenly decide, "hey that seems fun, I wanna try that", to be honest, I wouldn't bat an eye at that, the more the merrier I always say. Even someone who discovers this later on in life or someone who decides to participate on a whim, I believe, can still explore AB in a sincere fashion and eventually become a part of the community. In fact, I embrace willing exposure to the community and I like when people discover it for themselves, learn about it and participate, it broadens the way in which people view our community and the community grows a little more :)

I can somewhat see where you are coming from though. I will admit, some web presences on youtube and twitter seem to be phoning this in a bit or playing it up, it can come across as fake sometimes, more like a social statement as opposed to a genuine expression of oneself... but then again, sometimes people can be hard to read, just because they may appear to be phoning it in, that doesn't mean that's how these people view themselves or how they actually are. I guess what I'm trying to say is, it's hard to determine where someone is coming from when you don't really know the person.

My advice, avoid the people on social media and youtube that annoy you and take solace in the fact that even though people may hop onto the bandwagon out of nowhere, you are still a true-blue, bonafide, born AB :paci:

I would be one of the ones who annoy you then.

I'm a latecomer to the scene—officially almost a year ago in a few weeks. I became a DL rather abruptly after some rather pleasant experiences with dealing with my bedwetting with goodnites — the time between padding up before bed and the occasional wet wake-up were pleasant experiences for me, and so I leaned into the skid and decided to just try it instead of denying it and possibly getting into a depression spiral.

Some of us just sort of stumbled into this. We're valid.

I get annoyed when I see any ABDL acting like this is a choice rather than that is just part of who they are and it's ingrained in their personality. Not every childish or childlike adult is AB but that is often found in ABs and I get annoyed when I see kinky ABs say that stuff is a kink and that the person shouldn't be who they are. To me that is like saying if you are AB, you cannot watch kid shows or wear any childish clothing but a non AB can still do that stuff because they are not ABDL."

I don't think we should have any concern or prejudice against anyone who is following their own urges in being an ABDL, regardless of when that happens. I had my feelings very early but I don't see how that's required.

I think where we run into trouble is with the admittedly rare poster who treats it like a casual hobby to be taken up, rather than an undeniable urge. Maybe that's just poor phrasing on their part. I probably shouldn't care. It's also not that uncommon to see DLs who came to this through incontinence. I don't see that as any less valid.

I've been a Diaper Lover since as long as I can remember. I started wearing again in Elementary school.

It may be helpful to note that young women (and young men) have a tendency to "become the person they think their crush wants them to be". I have heard many stories of women (particularly) who engaged with a pursuit or hobby that the guy was super interested in, mainly to catch the guy! Then, after a few years of a relationship and things broke down, she would tell him how she never liked doing [whatever it was]. This goes for watching football, hunting, going to car shows, or diaper wearing.

To me, it is no surprise that a young woman might suddenly show a strong interest in something, and it doesn't surprise me that you think it's fake, because sometimes it is.

I stumbled into this completely by accident, and thought "This seems fun". I did research, tried some stuff, and decided I felt comfortable calling myself an AB. Do I annoy you?

Sure, looking back I could say that I did always have some inclinations towards having a childish side, but it would have never crossed my mind to buy a pacifier for myself, or wear diapers. Now I've been active on this site for over 2 years. Am I any less valid because I didn't yearn for diapers my whole life, or struggle with self-acceptance as a youth because I wanted baby toys?

Schwanensee said:
I stumbled into this completely by accident, and thought "This seems fun". I did research, tried some stuff, and decided I felt comfortable calling myself an AB. Do I annoy you?

Sure, looking back I could say that I did always have some inclinations towards having a childish side, but it would have never crossed my mind to buy a pacifier for myself, or wear diapers. Now I've been active on this site for over 2 years. Am I any less valid because I didn't yearn for diapers my whole life, or struggle with self-acceptance as a youth because I wanted baby toys?

I don't think you're less valid. For that matter, there are lifelong ABDLs who don't struggle with it (a minority but they exist).

I have long seen the irrational urge as the thing that makes an ABDL. Why would one do it, without that urge? If people become more open and less judgmental of the strange, the barrier to entry is going to be reduced and we will see more people curious about us and I think we need to be more accepting of that. It's something I'll work on. I'm sorry if this thread makes you feel unwelcome.

The psychological details of human nature are not well understood, and probably never will be. For that reason I side with those who see no particular problem with 'late bloomers'. I personally believe, very strongly, that the seeds of ABDL desires are implanted early in life, but that they may not be consciously present in some individuals until later on.

Trevor said:
I don't think you're less valid. For that matter, there are lifelong ABDLs who don't struggle with it (a minority but they exist).

I have long seen the irrational urge as the thing that makes an ABDL. Why would one do it, without that urge? If people become more open and less judgmental of the strange, the barrier to entry is going to be reduced and we will see more people curious about us and I think we need to be more accepting of that. It's something I'll work on. I'm sorry if this thread makes you feel unwelcome.

It's sweet you're apologizing, but you really don't need to, I'm fine. I realize that I have it easier than most, and occasionally I'll ask myself what I am doing on a support site when I don't need support, but it would take more than one thread to make me shy away from this awesome community.

I can see where the notion is coming from, most people have a hard time accepting themselves for being an ABDL and when they see someone who seemingly decided on a whim that this is who they are, it makes them uncomfortable. I just wish people weren't so quick to judge, just because those new ABDLs don't give you their whole backstory doesn't mean they're not sincere. (I'm using "you" as a general term here, Trevor, you seem like a pretty accepting person in my eyes)

I think what the OP is getting at is that sometimes there are those who come off as that they just jumped onto something 'taboo' for the boost in numbers.

IE: "Come see! I'm wearing a diaper! OMG! I've got a pacifier!!!"

Like, they don't even try to come off as sincere in their interest, it's just a 'thing' for them and when they've milked the views/likes etc out of it, they'll forget it and move onto the next 'OMG!GASP!' thing they can do. Especially on sites that allow the content creator to monetize, getting a share of the ad revenue generated by the views. Like YouTube. That's how being a 'YouTuber' is a profession now. :p (Which I think is just silly, but hey, what are you gonna do?)

I don't care about 'late-bloomers' so much if they don't seem like they're just running around doing it for the 'likes'.

(And I actually left the site for a while because I felt like "Well, it's a support site...I don't need support anymore." But I came back because I realized that even though _I_ don't need the support, there might be others out there who could get some support _from_ me. XD (Or a bop on the noggin...whatever the case may be. ;) )

Thank you wiggle that’s how I feel too I went through drastic measure all my childhood to get diapers and hide them from fresh out of pull-ups too high-school I think it’s like sexual orientation basically like if your gay your gay if your team your tran and idk I hate seeing people exploit something I identify with so strongly just so they can get money from guys who jackoff to their private tumblr or Instagram or their clips for sale.

- - - Updated - - -

And cuddlewoozle yes your right it really rubs me the wrong way

- - - Updated - - -

Wuggle said:
Honestly I think that truly being abdl is something that starts in childhood, much like sexual orientation or gender identity. I remember being four years old and asking my mom if I could wear diapers because I was jealous of the fact that my baby sister got them. I was in love with my sippy cup with the rubber spout because it reminded me of a baby bottle. I watched Peter Pan, envious of little Michael because he got to wear footie pjs and I had always wanted some. And those are just my earliest memories. Even if we don’t have a name for it when we’re young, I think most true abdls have memories of being interested in baby stuff or diapers from an early age. I would find it curious if an ordinary person with no history of abdl interests suddenly spontaneously developed them one day. As Cuddlewoozle said, the sex fetish subgroup always weirded me out, like the inherent innocence of childhood which is the reason so many of us are drawn to the lifestyle is being defiled.

Schwanensee said:
It's sweet you're apologizing, but you really don't need to, I'm fine. I realize that I have it easier than most, and occasionally I'll ask myself what I am doing on a support site when I don't need support, but it would take more than one thread to make me shy away from this awesome community.

I can see where the notion is coming from, most people have a hard time accepting themselves for being an ABDL and when they see someone who seemingly decided on a whim that this is who they are, it makes them uncomfortable. I just wish people weren't so quick to judge, just because those new ABDLs don't give you their whole backstory doesn't mean they're not sincere. (I'm using "you" as a general term here, Trevor, you seem like a pretty accepting person in my eyes)
I am very accepting and it’s circumstantial I didn’t say every one who was late to the party annoyed me but I do see what I consider to be fake Abdls all over the Internet , and yes it bugs me I can’t help but feel what I feel No disrespect sorry that you may have taken it the wrong way? I can’t say if you bug me I know nothing about you ;)

CuddleWoozle said:
I think what the OP is getting at is that sometimes there are those who come off as that they just jumped onto something 'taboo' for the boost in numbers.

IE: "Come see! I'm wearing a diaper! OMG! I've got a pacifier!!!"

Like, they don't even try to come off as sincere in their interest, it's just a 'thing' for them and when they've milked the views/likes etc out of it, they'll forget it and move onto the next 'OMG!GASP!' thing they can do. Especially on sites that allow the content creator to monetize, getting a share of the ad revenue generated by the views. Like YouTube. That's how being a 'YouTuber' is a profession now. :p (Which I think is just silly, but hey, what are you gonna do?)

I don't care about 'late-bloomers' so much if they don't seem like they're just running around doing it for the 'likes'.

(And I actually left the site for a while because I felt like "Well, it's a support site...I don't need support anymore." But I came back because I realized that even though _I_ don't need the support, there might be others out there who could get some support _from_ me. XD (Or a bop on the noggin...whatever the case may be. ;) )

I see, I figured that might've been what the Tykeboy123 was getting at as well. I too don't have a ton of respect for the people who "embrace" this as a means of getting views or seeking attention or making a social statement. Still, I maintain that with some web presences it can be hard to tell if they're just jumping onto the bandwagon and playing things up, or if they're sincere in their own way.

That being said, the odd social media AB that I stumble upon, the ones who play up the kinky aspect and forces it down their audiences throat, do leave a bad taste in my mouth because it doesn't seem terribly sincere to me.

tykeboy123 said:
Thank you wiggle that’s how I feel too I went through drastic measure all my childhood to get diapers and hide them from fresh out of pull-ups too high-school I think it’s like sexual orientation basically like if your gay your gay if your team your tran and idk I hate seeing people exploit something I identify with so strongly just so they can get money from guys who jackoff to their private tumblr or Instagram or their clips for sale.

- - - Updated - - -

And cuddlewoozle yes your right it really rubs me the wrong way

That clarifies things :)

I apologize for playing devil's advocate a bit in my initial response, it did sound as though people who started exploring overnight or late were what annoyed you and not necessarily those milking this, portraying it as taboo and coming across as disingenuous.

I will say, that some people who seem to identify as ABs out of nowhere, may have been harbouring their AB desires for a long time and only just recently decided to embrace it, those people deserve our acceptance and acknowledgement. However, I see now that those types are not what really annoys you.

I'm also right there with you, being an AB for me does feel like a deep-seated part of who I am, not terribly unlike sexual orientation, a part of me I suppose and it is certainly not something I just woke up and decided upon one day :)

Sometimes with my adhd I get wrapped up in the emotions I’m feeling associated to whatever I’m writting and it doesn’t come out as well as it could have which causes misunderstandings I can admit that it happens to me in social situations sometimes also and that really bugs me because Iv alway considered myself to be a really open minded laid back and accepting guy had I took the time to really think things out and write more specifically it would have maybe came out better Iv never been the best writer anyhow , But yeah it’s completely circumstantial like anything in life. Thanks for taking the time to write back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back