Collecting baby diapers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osthagen

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Even for here, this might seem a bit odd (I’ve not been here long, I wouldn’t know), but I’ve always been interested in nappies in general.
I simply enjoy seeing how disposable nappies have changed and varied over the years, and the variety between different places. Therefore, I’ve always collected baby nappies. For example, when I travel to another country, I make sure to pick up some of the local brands, and I regularly search the internet for vintage nappies.

Anyone out there like myself?

Last edited:
I'm not a collector but I remember as a kid being fascinated by the commercials that showed off the way that diapers were designed, especially when they showed off the absorption zones. Something about it just caught my attention and I couldn't look away. This was long before I developed a personal interest in diapers, however—I do wonder if these experiences had something to do with it, planting a sort of seed in my subconscious that would sprout seventeen years later.

I do think at least a couple of folks on here used to collect them.

I'm hanging onto one of each design of the Crinklz I got just because they're cute.

When I buy Pull-Ups, when I know the design is going to be changing, I set some aside to save.

CuddleWoozle said:
I'm hanging onto one of each design of the Crinklz I got just because they're cute.

Likewise, lots of the nappies that I keep in my collection I keep because I loved the designs.

One of my favourites are the 2002-ish Pampers.

I love collecting diapers. I used to wear, but I’ve had more fun just collecting them. It’s a combination of both ABDL diapers and baby diapers. It’s always great to look at my collection and realize a lot of them are vintage and extremely rare to find nowadays.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VayneAurelius said:
I love collecting diapers. I used to wear, but I’ve had more fun just collecting them. It’s a combination of both ABDL diapers and baby diapers. It’s always great to look at my collection and realize a lot of them are vintage and extremely rare to find nowadays.

Yeah, vintage nappies are a major reason why I collect as well. While I have many rare and even limited edition nappies, I don’t have a huge number of pre-2000 nappies, but as I said I’m always looking for them online etc.
The oldest nappies I have are some 1990s Huggies that I found at a Goodwill while on holiday in the US.

The plastic-backed ones that are so rare nowadays are of particular interest to me.

I'm not a collector, but I happened across some Toy Story Pull-Ups and a few old Huggies (from 97-98) at a flea market once along with an old diaper bag (i think its Peter Rabbit), so I bought them and they've just been sitting in my Drawer.

If I could sell them i would, but otherwise they will just continue to sit around.

Before being able to buy adult diapers I brought baby diapers and still got some. I think they are cuter and really wish came in a size that fits me :p I like vintage, plastic and old style diapers. I buy doll diapers sometimes as they are the cheapest way and sometimes cute. While I can't wear them they are fun to have

I have a huge collection of Baby diapers dating back to the early 90s I try to keep at least one of every type of diapers I have ever found. I even have a few sealed packages of the 90s era plastic diapers. In all I have about 6 storage totes 3-4 are the plastic 90s era ones.

Not really a collector but also find them fascinating. I have a couple baby diaper brands myself that I use as stuffers.

I've got a ridiculous stash of reusable cloth baby diapers--hundreds. Many are modern, while many more are vintage (40-ish years old). And I use 'em! They either go in my adult diapers for extra absorbency, or I makeshift with them. Or I wear them as-is, in the case of some of the larger, stretchier flats.

In years past, I spent quite a bit of money on vintage disposables, especially Pampers from the late 80's and early 90's--the ones I used to buy for myself as a kid when I first got up the courage to buy diapers. Diapers from those years now fetch outrageous prices on eBay, making them interesting mainly to collectors who don't intend to wear them. I, on the other hand, have never managed to keep diapers around without using them. They get used. Bag of 90's Pampers? I extended the tapes and used them. And loved them! But in hindsight, the brief euphoria couldn't justify the price. I'm fortunate that perhaps my favorite diapers overall, the Curity Day/Night prefolds from the late 1970's, are not only obtainable without a mortgage, but are reusable besides. I buy those whenever I find them, and I use them like crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back