Sometimes it all goes wrong...

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnalogRTO

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
So, yesterday was my wife's and my 26th wedding anniversary. We were scheduled to go to Santa Barbara, CA on Saturday, climb on a boat, and go out SCUBA diving for three days aboard the boat. Once back, we were going to spend Wednesday night in Solvang and then have a nice breakfast before heading home.

Nope.

Got to Santa Barbara on Saturday evening, loaded our stuff on the boat and set up our gear. Spent a couple hours BS'ing with everyone else, then went below to get in a bunk and get some sleep, expecting to wake up out at the Channel Islands early the next morning. The boat was supposed to leave the harbor at 4a.m., we got up at 8:30a.m., and the boat hasn't left the harbor. Oil cooler core is shot, and won't be fixed for a day and a half. Trip is shot, at least they'll refund us the cost of the trip. Screw it, time to head home.

Cancel the reservation for Solvang, Monday is our anniversary, wife and I decide we'll hit local auto museum after lunch. Restaurant we want to go to has suddenly closed down. Then we find out the museum is closed for next three days. Hell with it, drive out to Mt. Hamilton to Lick Observatory. It's closed, but it was a nice drive.

Go to dinner, order sodas for us to drink. They manage to pour one and then the soda machine breaks. Cripes, is it ever going to end? I think the turning point was when dinner ended they brought us out a free dessert for our anniversary, even though none of us had said anything to them. Must have overheard us talking or something, it was nice.

So, going to dive in a local quarry tomorrow (youngest and I working on our Advanced Open Water certifications), and then will see what we can get set up from there. Hoping everything turns around now.

When it rains, it pours. I'm sorry you didn't get to go on your trip. :( (And that none of the alternate things worked out quite right!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back