telling parents about being ABDL how to get them to accept it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kovy said:
he freaks the hell out. When I was a child, every time I tried to explain to my parents what being a DL was, they’d cry, get angry, call me names, punish me, throw out all my diapers, you name it. Having them come into contact with my kink in any way was always an exercise in misery and frustration, and their rejection of this side of me absolutely damaged our relationship in the long term.

I wouldn't go blaming yourself for damaging that relationship, it sounds like it started out in that condition from the beginning, by his choice.

Other people's over-reactions are not your fault. Don't go saying "it's my fault, I shouldn't have said anything". No, they shouldn't have gone off the deep end on you when you said that.

(though I will admit, sometimes it's just easier to let sleeping dogs lie - regardless of whose fault it will be, the consequences can still not be worth it)

bambinod said:
I wouldn't go blaming yourself for damaging that relationship, it sounds like it started out in that condition from the beginning, by his choice.

Other people's over-reactions are not your fault. Don't go saying "it's my fault, I shouldn't have said anything". No, they shouldn't have gone off the deep end on you when you said that.

(though I will admit, sometimes it's just easier to let sleeping dogs lie - regardless of whose fault it will be, the consequences can still not be worth it)

i'm not the type to blame myself i tend to develop a strong hate for people whp try to dismantal my life or who try to go against me, i also have a tad of a short temper

One thing to question is do your parents really need to know this part of you? my parents know but that’s because I’m incontinent and have been most of my life so I can’t really hide it, I mean what do you want to get out of the whole situation?

Ihatecrohns said:
One thing to question is do your parents really need to know this part of you? my parents know but that’s because I’m incontinent and have been most of my life so I can’t really hide it, I mean what do you want to get out of the whole situation?

well i don't know in honesty

This is something I debated for months before ultimately deciding to let my mom in on it, mainly because I still live with her for financial reasons and felt it was the best way to prevent any sort of accidental discovery. To minimize the chance of a negative reaction, I spent quite some time figuring out which details were necessary to discuss, how to explain it in the least awkward way possible, and why it was something important to me. The result was a 90 minute conversation about ABDL and babyfur stuff, with the outcome that as long as I didn't try to force anything on her and didn't attempt anything dangerous she was totally cool with pretty much all of it. It actually ended up being way more positive than I anticipated, and it's allowed me to be a lot less self-conscious about the whole thing. Naturally, I'm not going to go around telling people if they don't need to know, but it's not something I'm going to stress over concealing at all costs.

If you're thinking about telling parents, my advice would be to first think carefully about what is to be gained by both parties through the knowledge. If there is not a mutual benefit, it is probably not worth bringing it up. Once you've determined it will be a good thing, do plenty of research to figure out exactly what and how much you want to reveal, as well as to figure out the best way to approach the subject based on how open your parents are to unusual ideas. Be completely honest with what you do tell them, but don't feel that you need to go into extreme detail about the topic. Keep the focus on you and why it is important to you, not on what the particular interest is. That said, be prepared to answer any questions they may have. Lastly (and perhaps most importantly), do not try any of this if you haven't already accepted it yourself. You need to be confident about this side of yourself, and you need to present it in a positive light. The weirder and more awkward it is to you, the harder it's going to be to convince someone else it is perfectly okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back