Status
Not open for further replies.

OfficialPastelPoppet

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
  2. Other
This is very important. If you are a biologically female (sissies and trans baby girls are fine :) ) then please stop using baby powder! There have been numerous links between baby powder/talk and ovarian cancer.

Here is a source, although a quick google search will reap many more:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/health/johnson-and-johnson-baby-powder-cancer-safety-1.4766960

Please be aware :sad:

- - - Updated - - -

talk*

- - - Updated - - -

talc*

This is not only just for girls. Jonson's baby bedtime powder has been known to trigger my UTIs.

That is old news but in general even mothers and fathers are moving away from powder with more alternative methods.

LilacCrinkle said:
This is not only just for girls. Jonson's baby bedtime powder has been known to trigger my UTIs.

That is old news but in general even mothers and fathers are moving away from powder with more alternative methods.

It is pretty old news, but im still alarmed by the number of AB's who swear by baby powder and use it every time they change. I'm glad parents of real babies seem to have stopped using though. I'm shocked that it's still being sold tbh

OfficialPastelPoppet said:
It is pretty old news, but im still alarmed by the number of AB's who swear by baby powder and use it every time they change. I'm glad parents of real babies seem to have stopped using though. I'm shocked that it's still being sold tbh

You do know this is for talcum based baby powders only right??? Corn starch based powders are like the norm nowadays and don't have these issues.

Also some people probably still use talcum based ones because of smell. Honestly the talcum based powders are way stronger in the baby smell department than the cornstarch based ones.

Personally I've always loved the lotion baby powders. You put them on and they dry to a powder. I am gonna troll my ab/dl friends next time we meet by putting in a normal lotion container :v. THEY WILL WONDER WHY THEIR HANDS SMELL OF BABY POWDER AND ARE COVERED IN IT MUHAHAHAHAHAHA.

kratox said:
You do know this is for talcum based baby powders only right??? Corn starch based powders are like the norm nowadays and don't have these issues.

Also some people probably still use talcum based ones because of smell. Honestly the talcum based powders are way stronger in the baby smell department than the cornstarch based ones.

Personally I've always loved the lotion baby powders. You put them on and they dry to a powder. I am gonna troll my ab/dl friends next time we meet by putting in a normal lotion container :v. THEY WILL WONDER WHY THEIR HANDS SMELL OF BABY POWDER AND ARE COVERED IN IT MUHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Yeah true. The talc ones do smell better. But is it really worth getting CANCER because of a nice smell?

I've never used the talc powders. Not even as a baby in the 80's. My mom always used cornstarch powders and so that's what flicks my "Cute widdle babby" switch with the scent. :3

I wish that some brand would put cornstarch powder into a travel-size container though. I haven't found any at my local stores that aren't J&J talc.

CuddleWoozle said:
I've never used the talc powders. Not even as a baby in the 80's. My mom always used cornstarch powders and so that's what flicks my "Cute widdle babby" switch with the scent. :3

I wish that some brand would put cornstarch powder into a travel-size container though. I haven't found any at my local stores that aren't J&J talc.

Interesting. I dont remember being the age where I wore diapers as a kid so I wouldn't know what my mum and dad used. Although I was born in 2000 so they may have used cream rather than powder. I use Sudocrem or Vasaline if I get nappy rash now as its healthy and Sudocrem does have a baby smell.

It sucks that you cant find travel sized corn starch powder. I hope they bring one out soon for you ��

Second on the travel sized corn starch bottle.

Have been considering buying the J&J travel sized talc and throwing it out to refill. Anyone know if the cap comes off to do this?

Sheepies said:

Have been considering buying the J&J travel sized talc and throwing it out to refill. Anyone know if the cap comes off to do this?

Good idea. Although if you don't want to waste it, you can probably use the talc to make slime. I think I saw someone on YouTube use it in slime

I only know because we had a bottle of powder that was lurking around from when I was a little kid. We were cleaning when I was around 12 and I read it and said "Cornstarch Baby Powder?" And mom said "Yes, it's just made out of scented corn starch. It's all I'd use on you when you were in diapers." "Should I toss it?" "No, it's probably still OK. It's been kept dry."

So that's how I know. :3

CuddleWoozle said:
I only know because we had a bottle of powder that was lurking around from when I was a little kid. We were cleaning when I was around 12 and I read it and said "Cornstarch Baby Powder?" And mom said "Yes, it's just made out of scented corn starch. It's all I'd use on you when you were in diapers." "Should I toss it?" "No, it's probably still OK. It's been kept dry."

So that's how I know. :3

Cool :) My mum isn't the type to have kept anything like that. Of course she kept my clothes and some of my toys, but even most of that got given away. Stuff like nappies/diapers and baby supplies she would have just thrown away. My mum doesn't like clutter so she throws away anything she doesn't need or think she will use. I'm a hoarder, much to her dismay. I don't like throwing stuff away without reason. She will come into my room and be like "do you really need all these socks/toys/books/random crap?" and I will be like "yes! I love that stuff!". So basically we are opposites. :)

It would be so cool to find baby stuff like nappies or baby formula from when I was a baby but my mum wouldn't have kept that stuff. I still have a few items of clothing and toys somewhere though. Probably in the attic

I think J&J used asbestos in their powder. Or so I've heard.

Sheepies said:

I will pick some up in the next day or two to test. But u believe not.

HTML said:

:eek: If thats true then that's awful. How does this get past trading standards (UK)? I don't know if you have trading standards in the US

- - - Updated - - -

I was trying to put a shocked face not a smiley. For some reason : o with no spaces becomes a smile on here

Minerals which are mined for talcum also contain some amounts of asbestos. But the asbestos have been separated from talcum since 1970's. At 2010 FDA tested various talcum containing products and none of them contained asbestos.
So there should be no risk that theres asbestos in talcum based baby powder nowdays but please remember that talcum itself may also cause lung cancer and other nasty shit if you inhalate it for long time and/or big amounts... I suggest to read Wikipedia page about talcum.

But I don't se using talcum based baby powder really as a problem especially if you don't use 24/7. Theres so many other things which will cause cancer and other serious diseases much much more likely than talcuum.

HTML said:

Kind of, but not exactly ;) Asbestos is a naturally occurring mineral that's located near talcum, so it seems possible for some to mix in during the mining process.. Cosmetic grade talcum powder is very pure and most likely found in formations that wouldn't have contamination, but I'd imagine anything can happen..

Am I going to stop using baby powder over it? Nope. Granted I'll probably make a conscious decision to not breathe it in lol.

Last edited:
Great, this thread is exactly why people do not trust vaccinations these days. Regardless of the fact that people have been vaccinated since 1950, people are shouting that vaccinations are bad for us and 100’s of people have died already because of diseases that are part of the program.

The evidence for talcum is inconclusive, so there is no hard evidence it does cause cancer. Sadly enough, opinions have more value then facts, so expect more and more simular processes.

Regardless of the text above: girls should not use talcum or Corn based powders on their intimate parts. The body was designed to maintain a certain chemical balance in the vagina. This to prevent, small animals, bacteria etc from entering the womb and the rest of the body.

Using talcum or corn powder, destroys the bodies natural defenses by disturbing the chemical ballance. The results can be fungal growth, infections, etc.

Roland007 said:
Great, this thread is exactly why people do not trust vaccinations these days. Regardless of the fact that people have been vaccinated since 1950, people are shouting that vaccinations are bad for us and 100’s of people have died already because of diseases that are part of the program.

The evidence for talcum is inconclusive, so there is no hard evidence it does cause cancer. Sadly enough, opinions have more value then facts, so expect more and more simular processes.

Regardless of the text above: girls should not use talcum or Corn based powders on their intimate parts. The body was designed to maintain a certain chemical balance in the vagina. This to prevent, small animals, bacteria etc from entering the womb and the rest of the body.

Using talcum or corn powder, destroys the bodies natural defenses by disturbing the chemical ballance. The results can be fungal growth, infections, etc.

It's called a Ph balance. You'll know if it's been thrown off because...well...ya pussy will stank. And then there's itching, redness, discharge...all that happy horsecrap. Occasionally using cornstarch powder hasn't harmed me yet. :p But then again I don't exactly go ramming it up my hoo-haa.

It's not contact with OUTER areas that causes major issues otherwise every time a woman took a bath she'd start getting infections. :p It's the inner areas that need to be maintained, which is why many younger women don't use douches. (Other than douchebag boyfriends. :laugh:)

And the vagina is designed to push weird stuff out believe it or not. Probably an evolutionary quirk from when we ran around and sat in dirt with no pants on.

And just so everyone knows there's no fear-mongering:

https://www.cancer.org/cancer/cancer-causes/talcum-powder-and-cancer.html

http://www.berkeleywellness.com/self-care/over-counter-products/article/talcum-powder-safe

https://www.fda.gov/cosmetics/productsingredients/ingredients/ucm293184.htm

And yes, you are right, it hasn't been proven to be a causal relationship. But a lot of people are afraid to use the talc products now because they don't want to 'risk it' and find out in ten years that there is a causal relationship. If I had to I'd still use talc, just not on my bottom.

Roland007 said:

Actually I think vaccinations are great. From a scientific standpoint they are perfect. They give you a small, unharmful dose of a disease which your body can cope with. Your body will make antibodies for said disease and kill it. The antibodies are then remembered so if you ever contacted the disease again it would not affect you. It's genius. This is a different matter. This is a product that is encouraged to be put on the genital area, on BABIES, that contains potential asbestos and cancer causing chemicals. It's nothing like a vaccine

OfficialPastelPoppet said:
Actually I think vaccinations are great. From a scientific standpoint they are perfect. They give you a small, unharmful dose of a disease which your body can cope with. Your body will make antibodies for said disease and kill it. The antibodies are then remembered so if you ever contacted the disease again it would not affect you. It's genius. This is a different matter. This is a product that is encouraged to be put on the genital area, on BABIES, that contains potential asbestos and cancer causing chemicals. It's nothing like a vaccine

My reference to vaccinations was an reference to how public media are used by less informed people to spread their fears and doubt. People that are not so well informed will take the safest option, just to be sure. I like it how well balanced the opinions on adisc are.

When my wife and I started our diaper hobby, we played with baby powder. At some point we had to go to the doctor to treat her fungal infections resulting from the powder. Thats when we stopped using powder.

That powder is not really needed. For female hygiëne you simply shouldn’t use it.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back