Adults fitting into baby diapers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Calico said:
Sadly we don't get size 6 plus here in the US.
You can still order them from the US. From Italian Amazon. I live in the US. I wear 6+ all the time. I haven't been to Italy in years.

That said, I also enjoy the various Goodnites/Underjams and assorted store brands. The Target Up and Up Goodnite equivalent are great, for instance.

I don't get why people get in a tizzy over people using baby diapers. They hold my wettings and messes, and they're small and discreet and reasonably reliable. Plus they're cheap and easy to explain away. I have no complaints. They don't fit like they would on a toddler or baby, of course, but they really fit like underwear...albeit underwear that hold accidents.

mtdl88 said:
You can still order them from the US. From Italian Amazon. I live in the US. I wear 6+ all the time. I haven't been to Italy in years.

That said, I also enjoy the various Goodnites/Underjams and assorted store brands. The Target Up and Up Goodnite equivalent are great, for instance.

I don't get why people get in a tizzy over people using baby diapers. They hold my wettings and messes, and they're small and discreet and reasonably reliable. Plus they're cheap and easy to explain away. I have no complaints. They don't fit like they would on a toddler or baby, of course, but they really fit like underwear...albeit underwear that hold accidents.

Just to let you know your bladder capacity and that of a babies is like a dingy to the USS Gerald R Ford Aircraft carrier! Its anatomy pure and simple. Second You ask any of those manufacturers and they all will tell you to get Adult Diapers since these diapers are not made for you nor will be guaranteed or warranteed against defects or other things since your use constitutes misuse! You may try to use them as stuffers by modifying the diaper by cutting off the wings and poking holes in them again voids all guarantees or warranties. So attempt to use them, you may have luck on your side but do not say we did not warn you against failure and embarrassment. I may be able to stretch the tape sides of a baby diaper far enough to see the molecules in the tape to get them to fit my 46 inch waist that is not saying the diaper is going to work nor the tapes will not pop off like a jack in the box popping its head out of the box for crying out loud!Let alone it looking like a minipad when its even close to being in position.....

You have a 46 inch waist. That kind of explains why they don't work for you. To be fair, I would imagine anything short of something very large would look thongish on a 46 inch waist. Good lord. That's almost twice the size of mine.
I don't really care that my use of small diapers triggers you. They work for me for what I need them to work for. Leaks happen. Even in the adult diapers you rave about. Am I older than the target audience for such things? Yeah. But I step across lines habitually; that is, I'm a habitual line stepper.

Don't hate. Appreciate.

12srepaid said:
Same scenario for me too. But I also like them because they're a lot less expensive, and they take up less space. :)

Those are also valid reasons I didn't consider. You really shouldnt havs to justify it but this makes sense regardless.

mtdl88 said:
You have a 46 inch waist. That kind of explains why they don't work for you. To be fair, I would imagine anything short of something very large would look thongish on a 46 inch waist. Good lord. That's almost twice the size of mine.
I don't really care that my use of small diapers triggers you. They work for me for what I need them to work for. Leaks happen. Even in the adult diapers you rave about. Am I older than the target audience for such things? Yeah. But I step across lines habitually; that is, I'm a habitual line stepper.

Don't hate. Appreciate.

I Have a 27 inch waist. Where did you get 46 inch waist from?

- - - Updated - - -

I had no idea baby diapers were controversial. I mean if you want to fit into smaller diapers, just simply lose weight. I am very close to being underweight and I am afraid I would have to be an anorexic just to fit better into size 6 diapers and I would look like I am in the Holocaust by the time I get that tiny lol. I am just confused about how some people bigger than me can fit into baby diapers better. Like do they use video magic or something or did they modify them? Is it body type? Can you be very skinny and still not fit baby diapers because it has to do with your pelvic bone or bone structure? My parents are already telling me I am too skinny and I need to put on some weight and I can feel all bones under my skin.

I even saw a photo of a AB wearing a printed diaper and he said it was a Pampers pure and it looked like it fit him well. I looked them up and they only go up to a size 5. How is this even possible? Even at age 10, the largest baby diaper didn't fit me and I was very skinny. Some kids even teased me about my height and how skinny I was. But toddler pull ups fit. But back then the sides didn't really stretch like they do now so that is why I can barely get a size 6 on and I have to use mailing tape to keep it on so the tabs won't snap off or so the front ends won't rip out of the diaper.

I can probably fit into other size small adult diapers but I prefer mediums because they hold more. I can fit into a size small Tena but I like mediums better because they hold more. I have even fit into a youth diaper too which was probably an adult small but I peed through the plastic so I prefer mediums. I can fit into XL pull ups for kids and teens and can wear Tru Fit underwear.

Calico said:
I Have a 27 inch waist. Where did you get 46 inch waist from?

- - - Updated - - -

I had no idea baby diapers were controversial. I mean if you want to fit into smaller diapers, just simply lose weight. I am very close to being underweight and I am afraid I would have to be an anorexic just to fit better into size 6 diapers and I would look like I am in the Holocaust by the time I get that tiny lol. I am just confused about how some people bigger than me can fit into baby diapers better. Like do they use video magic or something or did they modify them? Is it body type? Can you be very skinny and still not fit baby diapers because it has to do with your pelvic bone or bone structure? My parents are already telling me I am too skinny and I need to put on some weight and I can feel all bones under my skin.

I even saw a photo of a AB wearing a printed diaper and he said it was a Pampers pure and it looked like it fit him well. I looked them up and they only go up to a size 5. How is this even possible? Even at age 10, the largest baby diaper didn't fit me and I was very skinny. Some kids even teased me about my height and how skinny I was. But toddler pull ups fit. But back then the sides didn't really stretch like they do now so that is why I can barely get a size 6 on and I have to use mailing tape to keep it on so the tabs won't snap off or so the front ends won't rip out of the diaper.

I can probably fit into other size small adult diapers but I prefer mediums because they hold more. I can fit into a size small Tena but I like mediums better because they hold more. I have even fit into a youth diaper too which was probably an adult small but I peed through the plastic so I prefer mediums. I can fit into XL pull ups for kids and teens and can wear Tru Fit underwear.

The member was referring to me FYI. In regards to the waist size.

xpluswearer said:
Get a adult small that is what they were designed for. Remember ya a big boy now!
With a 27 inch waist and 28 inch hips, most adult small products actually are too big and fall off, XS or a youth size would fit. Even for regular underwear adult small is too large and falls off, I actually fit (correctly) into boys size L (usually size 12-14). But I am probably one of the few exceptions, I agree that most probably could or should wear adult small for best fit and results.

Last edited:
No offense but all this thread is doing is causing a witch hunt and drama. A lot of people seem to be attacking people for their own choices and honestly I advise a admin to just shut this thread down before it goes any further.

None of you have any right to say what someone can and cannot wear.
Society says that about us with liking diapers and baby items. WHY ARE YOU GOING TO TRY AND BRING THAT MENTALITY INTO OUR GROUP!!!

If anything being a abdl should have taught you to not be that way.

okmis said:
With a 27 inch waist, most adult small products actually are too big and fall off, XS or a youth size would fit. Even for regular underwear adult small is too large and falls off, I actually fit (correctly) into boys size L (usually size 12-14). But I am probably one of the few exceptions, I agree that most probably could or should wear adult small for best fit and results.

What I am getting at is we graduate up from infant clothes to toddler to kids to youth to teen sizes to finally graduating to adult sizes as we age and grow. Even though you may be small in your anatomy the bladder has not stopped growing. What is it a kids bladder can hold what 8 ounces I am making a generalization here to a adults that can hold more than a quart as example so you tell me how your baby diaper is going to hold that quart when a baby diaper is designed to hold what 8-12 ounces. 10 pound brick into a 5 pound cement bag how is that going to work out for ya. If we use your example you should still be eating Gerber baby food out of those small glass jars right since its food right? hope you like the streaming craps since your body is designed for solid food now.

- - - Updated - - -

kratox said:
No offense but all this thread is doing is causing a witch hunt and drama. A lot of people seem to be attacking people for their own choices and honestly I advise a admin to just shut this thread down before it goes any further.

Society says that about us with liking diapers and baby items. WHY ARE YOU GOING TO TRY AND BRING THAT MENTALITY INTO OUR GROUP!!!

My postings are mere anatomy and Phisiology in nature. Societal and mental issues aside. Your body grows and there are products that are designed and suited for a adult. Baby diapers are not that in my view. They may fit some I am sure i could stretch the living hell out of a kids undies and get them to go around my 46 inch waist now will they work uh no will my legs turn black from lack of blood yes. People can do what they wish however I am just saying think of the consequences of using a product that its not intended for like gargling with pine sol since its a cleaner and will make your breath piney fresh. Or using Murphys oil soap to wash up with since its soap that is not designed or approved for such use. Sorry if you think I am inserting drama into the room I am not at all just a concerned ADISC member here .

kratox said:

I agree with this statement, but only to a point. Someone wanting to wear a baby diaper is fine by me. However, this often brings up to big problems when they start talking about it.

First, they spread the misinformation about actually being able to fit into them. Unless they are incredibly small, no they can't fit. Sure they can probably squeeze into some of them, but not fit. Worse still is when they say those diapers work perfectly fine, which is an outright lie. No baby diaper can hold the full wetting of a grown adult, and not leak. They only partially work with small amounts and slow releases at best. Lies and misinformation like this never help and need to be stopped in their tracks.

Second, some of society already sees us as pedophiles. Having people openly say they like wearing and using actual baby diapers only helps to give more cannon fodder to that misbelief. Playing around with actual baby diapers is a whole nother thing versus adults using adult diapers (even ones with babyish prints on them). It isn't just them using baby diapers, it's that it's seen by society just as inapropriate as wearing only an adult diaper to the mall would be. We already have a line for deceny when out and about, and clearly there is a majority like me who advocate a minimum decency even when alone.

On that point though, you are absolutely right. There is no call for any of us to go on a proverbial witch hunt. Keeping it simple with our own personal beliefs, and promoting the facts is what's best for our little community here.

xpluswearer said:
What I am getting at is we graduate up from infant clothes to toddler to kids to youth to teen sizes to finally graduating to adult sizes as we age and grow. Even though you may be small in your anatomy the bladder has not stopped growing. What is it a kids bladder can hold what 8 ounces I am making a generalization here to a adults that can hold more than a quart as example so you tell me how your baby diaper is going to hold that quart when a baby diaper is designed to hold what 8-12 ounces....
My postings are mere anatomy and Phisiology in nature. Societal and mental issues aside. Your body grows and there are products that are designed and suited for a adult. Baby diapers are not that in my view. They may fit some I am sure i could stretch the living hell out of a kids undies and get them to go around my 46 inch waist now will they work uh no will my legs turn black from lack of blood yes....Sorry if you think I am inserting drama into the room I am not at all just a concerned ADISC member here .
It may bother you that I wear boys underwear and it actually fits me correctly or that I wear Goodnites and Underjams and those also fit correctly. I am the first to admit that baby diapers do not fit me correctly, but I can get them on without any modification and they do not tear or come off. My bladder capacity actually has not gotten any larger since I was 14, so as such products such as Goodnites actually work fine for me, baby diapers don't work great but they are adequate.
Keep in mind I am probably very unique in being as skinny as I am, and it is less than ideal to have a BMI of 18 or less.
Granted your waist and hips are nearly double that of mine so just because you and other adults are that big, that doesn't mean there aren't a few here and there that are really skinny.

okmis said:
With a 27 inch waist and 28 inch hips, most adult small products actually are too big and fall off, XS or a youth size would fit. Even for regular underwear adult small is too large and falls off, I actually fit (correctly) into boys size L (usually size 12-14). But I am probably one of the few exceptions, I agree that most probably could or should wear adult small for best fit and results.

I can fit into youth large size clothes. Girls size 16 depending on the style, I can wear girls size 18 and a youth XL shirts. Girl size 18 is rather big and more like an adult size small. I have a feeling girls size 18 is made for plus sized girls or tall girls so they are not forced into the ladies or Juniors section at a young age. I was forced into the Juniors by age 10 because I was so tall (5 foot) so girl clothes were too short. It was very hard for me. But yet I remember a size 16 being too big on me around the waist and stuff but yet it fit one of my friends in school who was a big shorter than me because of our body structure. Then I grew and a size 16 became too short for me as well. A size 18 did not exist in the 1990's. The companies have also changed the girls sizes because they now fit up to 62 inches. They didn't go up that high in the 1990's when I was at that height beginning of 6th grade. Because they have changed the sizes, I can now wear girl clothes again. Some are even loose around my waist and the size 18 Capri pants are too big on me but they have a tie so I tie it so it's not falling down. Back then girl clothes were made for skinny kids and while they would fit me in width, they were too short on me. Now some of them are loose on me now lol. I don't really shop in the girls section because I assume they won't fit my figure because they are made for girls who have not had changed bodies in puberty and are slim. But sometimes I will find something at a thrift shop ad it's clearly a girl's shirt or I am just walking in a store and walk by an aisle and see it and it fits. But I have a feeling clothing companies are now catering to plus sized girls and boys so I take advantage of that lol. I remember my next door neighbor was wearing mens clothes by age 8 because he was fat, not because he was tall. I also think this is why baby diapers have been made bigger too and why a size 7 came out and why the sides are stretchy now. To cater towards bigger babies. So we take advantage of it.

- - - Updated - - -

kratox said:

I just wanted to know if any other skinny people here also can't fit into size 6 diapers well and those who have a BMI of 18.6 or 18.8 which is about where I am. So that way I don't feel so fat and bad about myself and thinking I am meant to be fat and have a fat body so no matter how skinny I get, I will always be fat and have a big body and I would have to be a Holocaust victim to fit into size 6 diapers well like everyone else than having tabs on the edges.

okmis said:
It may bother you that I wear boys underwear and it actually fits me correctly or that I wear Goodnites and Underjams and those also fit correctly. I am the first to admit that baby diapers do not fit me correctly, but I can get them on without any modification and they do not tear or come off. My bladder capacity actually has not gotten any larger since I was 14, so as such products such as Goodnites actually work fine for me, baby diapers don't work great but they are adequate.
Keep in mind I am probably very unique in being as skinny as I am, and it is less than ideal to have a BMI of 18 or less.
Granted your waist and hips are nearly double that of mine so just because you and other adults are that big, that doesn't mean there aren't a few here and there that are really skinny.

I found a website that has a lot of youth & Teenage diapers in it here it is:
http://www.idiaper.com/youth-briefs-tabbed
And yes they have some that do fit 20-30 inch waists so yep you can graduate from the baby ones to Adult ones.

Here is an interesting notion:

Maybe...maybe they don't WANT to graduate.

Calico said:
I can fit into youth large size clothes. Girls size 16 depending on the style, I can wear girls size 18 and a youth XL shirts. Girl size 18 is rather big and more like an adult size small.
If you could fit into a girls size 12 or 14 underwear/pants then you would probably be ok but girls have wider hips than guys and that is detrimental to fitting into baby diapers. Unfortunately due to the bone structure of girls and their hips, you cannot do anything more about your hip size, maybe you can lose an inch or two but that would not be healthy. Girls size 14 would be for hips of no more than 29 inches or so. Compared to boys size 14 is for a waist of no more than 28 inches and hips of no more than 29 inches. Unfortunately part of being a female is after puberty your hips get wider and there is nothing you can do about that.
Guys have other problems instead of their hips if you know what I mean.

It's funny how this community was created for ab/dl and IC community to support each other, and here we are. Arguing with each other for what some of us decide to wear. 😂

Calico said:
Why do people go by waist size than hips? Baby diapers do not go up that far on an adult.

If I went by waist size, I would be getting lot of clothes and diapers that do not fit me because of my hip size being larger than my waist.

I'm always somewhat fascinated by people saying they have a larger waist measurement than hip measurement. My hips are 10 inches larger than my waist, so it's very important to know how far up something will sit on the body. I have absolutely no chance to fit into baby diapers because of that. The wings might go around my waist if I really stretch them, but they definitely won't fit around my hips, where they would be sitting. Even if I was skin and bones (which I am not), those exact bones would still be in the way because of my stupid anatomy.

That being said, I recently got a pack of adult diapers (store brand, not very good ones) where I went by hip measurement because people keep saying to go with the larger measurement, but they're a good 7 inches too large for me in the waist, where they're actually taped closed. I can overlap the wings (they're velcro), but that doesn't feel secure at all. I'm sure there's smaller adult diapers on the market that would fit me, but for people thinner than me, I can understand how frustrating it is to not have products that fit correctly. Diaper sizes go very far up, but not very far down, and like I said, overlapping the tapes on a too-large diaper isn't ideal either.

Schwanensee said:
I'm always somewhat fascinated by people saying they have a larger waist measurement than hip measurement. My hips are 10 inches larger than my waist, so it's very important to know how far up something will sit on the body. I have absolutely no chance to fit into baby diapers because of that. The wings might go around my waist if I really stretch them, but they definitely won't fit around my hips, where they would be sitting. Even if I was skin and bones (which I am not), those exact bones would still be in the way because of my stupid anatomy.

That being said, I recently got a pack of adult diapers (store brand, not very good ones) where I went by hip measurement because people keep saying to go with the larger measurement, but they're a good 7 inches too large for me in the waist, where they're actually taped closed. I can overlap the wings (they're velcro), but that doesn't feel secure at all. I'm sure there's smaller adult diapers on the market that would fit me, but for people thinner than me, I can understand how frustrating it is to not have products that fit correctly. Diaper sizes go very far up, but not very far down, and like I said, overlapping the tapes on a too-large diaper isn't ideal either.

I remember back when I was 17, I was saying my waist was like 24 inches because that was the measurement when I suck it in. I was getting comments from other ABDLs about how baby diapers should fit me. I knew then it was bull lol. I once went by waist measurement so I went to a store to try on that size and what do you know, I could not put those pants on because they would not go over my thighs despite that the measurements said they would fit me because of my waist. I then knew waist size for clothing was bull. I just started going by my thigh size and hips to figure out my sizing.

My thighs have gotten smaller when I have lost weight and I decided to try baby diapers again because last time I tried a size seven, they barely fit and I had to squeeze into them and the tabs dug into my skin and sometimes they would pop open. This was when I was at 137 lbs. Now that I am down to 120, they might fit me better now. I have shrunk in hip size because of my butt got smaller and flatter. My hips are all bone now. But it's impossible to find a size 7 here so online is the only option. now I am getting skinny shaming comments from my parents and my son telling me to not get too skinny and telling me I am too skinny. He also thinks I work out too much but it's only about a half hour a day five days a week. I do work outs to try and make my butt even flatter so my hip size will shrink. I am also trying to get smaller thighs still because they still look fat under my eyes and I still look fat around my butt sometimes depending on what I am wearing. I am sitting here thinking, why didn't I start this before? I would have been a lot happier with my body then than having an eating disorder because I hated my body so much and kept running into triggers. Now I just work out now to deal with it as an attempt to make my body smaller so it's toned.

- - - Updated - - -

Where are people saying they have a bigger waist than their hips?

- - - Updated - - -

Also because of my small waist and larger hips, the tabs are always lopsided on my diaper. The bottom tabs are further apart and the top tabs are close together. The diapers are even loose around my waist and I also get a waist gap in my jeans because of my hip size and small waist.

My body has not changed since 6th grade other than being thinner and having smaller breasts thanks to having kids and breastfeeding. I developed pretty young and that was also very difficult as a 12 year old. Seeing your own body becoming a woman while other kids still had girl bodies and developing breasts and I already had big ones. That also affected my self esteem and I developed body dysmorphia because of it. Then it eventually lead to an eating disorder. Being skinny is my only way to happiness because I will never be happy being bigger or heavier and I was not happy at 140 lbs or 160 lbs or 170 lbs. It just didn't feel right. I felt like I had a body that wasn't mine and I was wearing it. Back then I was told this was all hormones and normal teenage stuff. Here I am in my 30's and I still feel the same way, it has not gone away. Even at 128 lbs I still felt fat and hated seeing myself in photos because I looked huge in them still. So that was why I always avoided photos and why I barely have any photos of myself as an adult because I couldn't stand seeing my own body in them and seeing how fat I am. Now with weight loss and being close to being underweight, I am finally posting photos of my body on Twitter. I don't think I look so ugly anymore though I sometimes still see these big plus sized legs.

Calico said:
I remember back when I was 17, I was saying my waist was like 24 inches because that was the measurement when I suck it in. I was getting comments from other ABDLs about how baby diapers should fit me. I knew then it was bull lol. I once went by waist measurement so I went to a store to try on that size and what do you know, I could not put those pants on because they would not go over my thighs despite that the measurements said they would fit me because of my waist. I then knew waist size for clothing was bull. I just started going by my thigh size and hips to figure out my sizing.

My thighs have gotten smaller when I have lost weight and I decided to try baby diapers again because last time I tried a size seven, they barely fit and I had to squeeze into them and the tabs dug into my skin and sometimes they would pop open. This was when I was at 137 lbs. Now that I am down to 120, they might fit me better now. I have shrunk in hip size because of my butt got smaller and flatter. My hips are all bone now. But it's impossible to find a size 7 here so online is the only option. now I am getting skinny shaming comments from my parents and my son telling me to not get too skinny and telling me I am too skinny. He also thinks I work out too much but it's only about a half hour a day five days a week. I do work outs to try and make my butt even flatter so my hip size will shrink. I am also trying to get smaller thighs still because they still look fat under my eyes and I still look fat around my butt sometimes depending on what I am wearing. I am sitting here thinking, why didn't I start this before? I would have been a lot happier with my body then than having an eating disorder because I hated my body so much and kept running into triggers. Now I just work out now to deal with it as an attempt to make my body smaller so it's toned.

I often have the issue where a pair of jeans will fit well on my legs and butt, but there'll be a huge gap at my waist. It's quite annoying really...though high-waisted jeans are still my friend, because ones with a lower rise simply won't stay up. I have a 31 inch waist but 41 inch hips, and sometimes I curse my genetics for giving me that body shape. I've started sewing my own clothes because it gets frustrating finding flattering clothes for me. This problem wouldn't really get better by losing weight, since it's mostly my bone structure that's responsible. (I've tried.) I gain and lose body fat pretty evenly over my whole body, so the proportions mostly stay the same

Just a question...have you spoken to a doctor about whether the amount of workouts you do is healthy for you? Over-exercising can be a form of anorexia too. And yes, getting toned isn't bad for you per se, but you do need to eat the right amount of calories to sustain your work outs. Sorry if it sounds like I'm nagging, but to me it doesn't seem like you have a very healthy body image, and it's a bit worrying.

Where are people saying they have a bigger waist than their hips?

Here:

CodyBaby said:
I use baby diapers as boosters or fit them in a Goodnites True-fit underwear and they work really well this way, my main diapers are the regular Goodnites L-XL size, and they fit me pretty well, around 1" and half from my belly and same in my back, and my waist is around 40", my hips are smaller, I would say around 37" because they are lower than where we mesure the waist, I know I'm a little overweight, but can't do that much about it and its not the topic here.

No I have not been to a doctor but I have been told by several that my ideal body weight is 142-145 lbs and they considered me underweight even at 135 lbs and diagnosed me with anorexia even though my BMI was 21 and I was still getting my period. But to me they were telling me I am meant to be fat when they were telling me I needed to weigh more for my body type and size. Seeing photos of skinnies and people in baby diapers does not help my image at all and seeing those bragging about it. I also hate seeing people taller than me weighing less, that also doesn't help with my image lol. That was how I knew in 7th grade I was overweight. If I could weigh more than Hansen who were taller and older than me but weigh less, something is wrong with me alright because I am not supposed to be 170 lbs. I was about 5 foot five and a half then so not that much taller.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back