Thread: Cloth like shell

Default Cloth like shell

Right now i have some lil monsters. Love them. Nice and crinkly. But my wife has made comments that i need to get quieter ones and she would let me wear more often. What are some recommendations for a high quality cloth like disposable. Especially ones with prints

ABU Preschool cloth backed is absolutely awesome. Definitely my favorite thus far. They have given me the confidence to wear absolutely anywhere. Around friends, around family, it doesn’t matter. They don’t make a sound, they feel great, they smell awesome, and they’re not crazy bulky.

If you are just wearing for fun then a cloth backed diaper will be ok, I find them to feel damp to the touch when wet at least the Abena L4 diapers did. I wear Betterdry diapers (yes they are crinkly) but with a proper fitting onesie they really are not noticeable unless you are in a really quiet environment. But I have Stopped worrying about it years a go as wet pants are way more noticeable then a thicker plastic backed diaper

Quote Originally Posted by lillbabybuga View Post
    Right now i have some lil monsters. Love them. Nice and crinkly. But my wife has made comments that i need to get quieter ones and she would let me wear more often. What are some recommendations for a high quality cloth like disposable. Especially ones with prints
    Wearing a onesie and some form fitting clothing over top will help with the noise. With that said, it seems your wife still doesn't want anything to do with it, or anything to remind her of it. Cloth backed diapers are pretty bad at holding in odors, typically have a bad fit, and most of them are horrible all together.

Usually, the taping panel is what makes the most audible crinkle noises, If you want to try a plastic backed alternative, Tykables has Velcro tabs and the panel isn't noisy, and the plastic is much softer.

Crinklz also is a quieter plastic backed option, it has no taping panel and plastic is much lighter and softer and when clothing is worn over top, it's usually quiet.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

NeverKnow

Lil' Monsters crinkle more loudly than just about any diaper out there. They are really unique. Even under jeans you have to be worried about them. If you wear your diapers under pants, you can probably get away with just about any other brand of plastic-backed diapers, which have their advantages (better selection, don't stretch out and loosen up over time, don't feel clammy to the touch). BetterDry and Crinklz (despite the name) are on the quiet side. ABU has recently updated the plastic on their diapers and people seem to be reporting that it is quieter (I'm not as familiar with their diapers before the change). Or anything really. (Even Dry 24/7s, which are pretty loud, are a lot quieter than Lil' Monsters, and adequately quiet under pants.) I personally would just find another print you like and ask your wife what she thinks about the noise.

But any plastic-backed diaper will crinkle if you're not wearing pants, so if that's the situation, then yeah, you may have to go for cloth-backed. The PreSchools, as already recommended, are probably the way to go if you want an ABDL diaper. NorthShore AirSupremes are a medical option and a bit cheaper. You could also give the NRU PlayDayz a try, which are similar to the PreSchools but could give you some variety in prints.