Status
Not open for further replies.

PaddedColorado

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Website here.

From their page:
Our brand new offering, the Bumooza “Debut” diaper, features a realistic, unique, and fun light-blue and white design with red and soft-green accents. This diaper is very absorbent with four extremely sticky refasten-able tapes and provides a comfortable and snug fit that lasts all day!

The Bumooza Debut diaper features:

5000 ml absorbency rating (suitable for both daytime and nighttime use)

Plastic backing

Four super sticky refasten-able tapes that last all day long

Front and rear elastic waistbands

Active leak guards

Realistic and fun design

Inner-layer ink application to avoid transfer to clothes or linens

Note: Currently, the Bumooza Debut is only available in size medium. Plans to introduce a size “large” diaper are in the works. Stay tuned.

Is the owner of this company a member here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Always good to have new AB diapers on the market, shame about it being only in size medium though. I get that however, they probably wanna test it out to see if it has a market before overproducing them.

Performance looks good, at 5000 ml it's right up there with ABU brands.

The design leaves a bit to be desired though. The print is really baffling to me, I don't mind an alphabet motif, but the designs feel awkwardly spaced and difficult to make out and poorly designed, it's almost like the print was an afterthought. Add in that blue trim, which is not unlike the blue trim along the sides of Tykables and you have a diaper that basically looks like a failed Tykables design/spin-off.

Also, not fond of the name. I know it's trying to be childlike and cute, but when I first read it in the thread title and on the website, I thought it said Bumooze... Bum Ooze... two words you usually don't want next to one another :laugh:

Still, my gripes aside, if you're the type who favours performance over aesthetic, these look to be a good alternative to some of the other brands out there, the price is right too.

squishypants said:
Is the owner of this company a member here?

I'm not sure, but s/he is posting on the ABDL subreddit, which is where I first heard about this.

It seems like it could be a good product, especially for the price, but we will have to see.

Needed more spacing in the ABC strips. Spread the whole thing out some more.

Like instead of "ABCDEFGH" make it "A B C" And in a different are "D E F" and so on. It would fill the awkward 'blank' areas better. :3 Or even just add some accent bits from the animals? Like have kangaroo prints 'hopping' towards the kangaroo or alligator prints leading up to the gator? (Even more fun if said footprints were in the 'fade when wet' ink!)

Dangit, when is an ABDL company gonna ask an ABDL graphic designer to help with the designs? It is entirely possible for us to be total babs AND be good at making artwork/layouts. ;D

(Also not a fan of the "Ooza" part of the name...but that might just be because I was psychologically scarred as a child by the Smooze on My Little Pony. :laugh:)

Also made me think of this quote from Ratatouille:

Linguini: "Ratatouille! It's like a stew, right? Why do they call it that? If you're gonna name a food, you should give it a name that sounds delicious! "Ratatouille" doesn't sound delicious. It sounds like "rat" and "patootie". Rat-patootie...which does not sound delicious."

Fingers crossed these are a good diaper (look forward to reading a review from a member here) and they look interesting.... that name though LOL either the person making them has an incredible sense of humour or they are taking the Mickey.

Bumooza sounds like slang for I’m sick and have the poops

Those could be fun to try. too bad only one size right now.

I really like the print. I would definitely buy some If I had the space.

I'm willing to give them a shot but I'm not quite sure about the source...looks like prebought diapers with added design from what I saw. I highly doubt this person has they're own personal diaper machine like Abu does....

Not the one to poke the ants nest here...but even if real...there's not even a company name with it. I look forward to try one, and see how they get through the door but at 5000 ml and not 6100..(mine I have now) that is a serious trade-off unless it comes cheaper and works as a middle ground.

I think most diaper companies (certainly ABDL diaper companies) get their diapers made by a manufacturer in China, it costs a lot less to start up a Diaper Company that way than it would to buy your own machines and make them in The United States (or other countries with much higher wages than China)

NeverKnow said:
ABU doesn’t have a machine. They contract with factories in China. There are lots of startup ABDL companies doing the same, since all you really need is some capital and determination.

Odd..they released video otherwise ...I wonder...(and not to get political but hopefully this trade war stupidity doesn't ruin anything)
Mabey that was just the printing machine

I'm not sure of an ABDL diaper that isn't manufactured in China. To add to that, there's only a few manufactures in China that have equipment capable of producing =>200g diapers. Medium 5000ml and those listed specs makes me think its most likely being produced in Qingdao where Rearz / Fabine / DC get their =>5000ml diapers.

Poofybutt said:
Always good to have new AB diapers on the market, shame about it being only in size medium though. I get that however, they probably wanna test it out to see if it has a market before overproducing them.

Yup! You're correct, this was my thought process. Large is in the works, hopefully in the near future. Right now, I'm shooting for Q1 of 2019.

Poofybutt said:
The design leaves a bit to be desired though. The print is really baffling to me, I don't mind an alphabet motif, but the designs feel awkwardly spaced and difficult to make out and poorly designed, it's almost like the print was an afterthought. Add in that blue trim, which is not unlike the blue trim along the sides of Tykables and you have a diaper that basically looks like a failed Tykables design/spin-off.

I had to laugh at myself when I read this. The design was without question the hardest part of this process. I probably spent close to 100 hours trying to come up with a design that I liked, coupled with countless email threads back and forth with our manufacturer discussing manufacturing limitations and revisions. Not trying to make excuses - just thought this was a funny comment as this was exactly what I was hoping to avoid! I do appreciate the feedback.

My thought process around the design that ended up being produced probably makes more sense when viewed in a vertical format. I've attached a picture of the design in that format to this post (Edit: still working out how to attach the pic...). That being said, I am aware that the number of customers who purchase the product and post it on their wall in that format is probably quite small :biggrin: I will take this feedback into account for the next iteration of the design.

Poofybutt said:
Also, not fond of the name. I know it's trying to be childlike and cute, but when I first read it in the thread title and on the website, I thought it said Bumooze... Bum Ooze... two words you usually don't want next to one another :laugh:

Lol! I was somewhat mortified when I read a similar comment on the introductory reddit thread. Hearing this feedback was a big "Duh!". I honestly hadn't put the two and two together until it was mentioned. I'm going to have to pull a "Tykables" (Snuggies?) and re-brand eventually, but I'm sticking with Bumooza for now to avoid confusion, being a new brand and all.

Poofybutt said:
Still, my gripes aside, if you're the type who favours performance over aesthetic, these look to be a good alternative to some of the other brands out there, the price is right too.

For those who aren't extremely fond of the aesthetic, I hope so! I can say in honesty that I tried my best to bring another high end offering to the AB/DL market.

Thank you for your input!

- - - Updated - - -

CuddleWoozle said:
Dangit, when is an ABDL company gonna ask an ABDL graphic designer to help with the designs? It is entirely possible for us to be total babs AND be good at making artwork/layouts. ;D
Feel free to contact me! I'd love to source designs from other members of the community / via community input. The best way to contact me is through the site, as I don't know if I get instant email notifications of messages from this forum yet. I like to respond promptly.

CuddleWoozle said:
(Also not a fan of the "Ooza" part of the name...but that might just be because I was psychologically scarred as a child by the Smooze on My Little Pony. :laugh:)

Also made me think of this quote from Ratatouille:

Linguini: "Ratatouille! It's like a stew, right? Why do they call it that? If you're gonna name a food, you should give it a name that sounds delicious! "Ratatouille" doesn't sound delicious. It sounds like "rat" and "patootie". Rat-patootie...which does not sound delicious."
Lol! Love the Ratatouille quote. Yeah, the naming was a bit of an oversight on my end. Didn't even think of it until it was pointed out, honestly!

- - - Updated - - -

squishypants said:
Bumooza sounds like slang for I’m sick and have the poops

Bumooza - the official diaper for when you've had too much Taco Bell

Side note - when are they going to bring the Naked Chicken Chalupa back?

- - - Updated - - -

LilacCrinkle said:
Odd..they released video otherwise ...I wonder...(and not to get political but hopefully this trade war stupidity doesn't ruin anything)
Mabey that was just the printing machine

I can't speak for ABU of course, but perhaps the video was taken at a third party factory? I'm not sure.

To answer your question - we don't have a dedicated diaper manufacturing machine. That'd be quite the investment, as well as sourcing raw materials, getting space for a factory, etc. We use a third party manufacturer, and I believe it's the same manufacturer a lot of our competitors use for their high end diapers. That was one of the reasons why I specifically chose them.

BumoozaOfficial said:
Yup! You're correct, this was my thought process. Large is in the works, hopefully in the near future. Right now, I'm shooting for Q1 of 2019.

I had to laugh at myself when I read this. The design was without question the hardest part of this process. I probably spent close to 100 hours trying to come up with a design that I liked, coupled with countless email threads back and forth with our manufacturer discussing manufacturing limitations and revisions. Not trying to make excuses - just thought this was a funny comment as this was exactly what I was hoping to avoid! I do appreciate the feedback.

My thought process around the design that ended up being produced probably makes more sense when viewed in a vertical format. I've attached a picture of the design in that format to this post (Edit: still working out how to attach the pic...). That being said, I am aware that the number of customers who purchase the product and post it on their wall in that format is probably quite small :biggrin: I will take this feedback into account for the next iteration of the design.

Lol! I was somewhat mortified when I read a similar comment on the introductory reddit thread. Hearing this feedback was a big "Duh!". I honestly hadn't put the two and two together until it was mentioned. I'm going to have to pull a "Tykables" (Snuggies?) and re-brand eventually, but I'm sticking with Bumooza for now to avoid confusion, being a new brand and all.

Feel free to contact me! I'd love to source designs from other members of the community / via community input. The best way to contact me is through the site, as I don't know if I get instant email notifications of messages from this forum yet. I like to respond promptly.

Lol! Love the Ratatouille quote. Yeah, the naming was a bit of an oversight on my end. Didn't even think of it until it was pointed out, honestly!

My humble name suggestion without completely changing the name? Flip the m and z. "Buzooma!" It sounds like Buzz and Zoomer. Which sounds exciting. ;D (And not at all what you would have happen after too many nakie chicken tacos. :laugh:)

Looks like someone spent 10c each on a bulk order from china. I am skeptical on the 5000ML rating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back