Status
Not open for further replies.

LilacCrinkle

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
One if my favorite ab activities are lullabies. Weather I sing it to myself (and I usually don't finish) or listening to it by tape, lullabies are highly effective on me. Is there specific songs that you like to be sang to (or wanted to be sang to) to help you rest before bed?

I too love listening to lullabies when I regress :)

I often go for instrumental lullabies and I'll usually put them on when I first diaper up or shortly before I go down for a nap or off to bed. I don't always like listening to lullabies with vocals, but I have listened to those as well.

I have never been sung to, but that is definitely something I would like to have done to me in the future with a caregiver.

My favourite lullabies are Rock-a-Bye Baby and Hush, Little Baby... of course :paci: and I also love Twinkle Twinkle Little Star too. I'll throw the Itsy Bitsy Spider out there as well, although I'm not sure if it counts, it sure is a super fun song/game though :)

Reactions: Proudmommyofab
I usually play some soft, new age music, but I also have some adult lullaby music on CDs. The one piece I love however is the first of the Robert Schumann "Scenes from Childhood", 'About Strange Lands and People'. This piece is played as the background music for the audio book, "Goodnight Moon". My wife downloaded it onto her Ipad and would play it for me at night when it was time to go to sleep. Now I play it on my piano and think of her. They also used it in the TV show "Elementary". Sherlock Holmes is sitting at the piano and playing it in one of the scenes.

Reactions: Proudmommyofab
dogboy said:
I usually play some soft, new age music, but I also have some adult lullaby music on CDs. The one piece I love however is the first of the Robert Schumann "Scenes from Childhood", 'About Strange Lands and People'. This piece is played as the background music for the audio book, "Goodnight Moon". My wife downloaded it onto her Ipad and would play it for me at night when it was time to go to sleep. Now I play it on my piano and think of her. They also used it in the TV show "Elementary". Sherlock Holmes is sitting at the piano and playing it in one of the scenes.

I will have to give that a listen, as that sounds absolutely calming. As for new age music there was an album I would listen to when there was sickness in our family, "lifescapes sleep" that has helped us for a long time. Goodnight moon though I have not heard in a looooong time. So I look forward to looking that up again

- - - Updated - - -

Poofybutt said:
I too love listening to lullabies when I regress :)

I often go for instrumental lullabies and I'll usually put them on when I first diaper up or shortly before I go down for a nap or off to bed. I don't always like listening to lullabies with vocals, but I have listened to those as well.

I have never been sung to, but that is definitely something I would like to have done to me in the future with a caregiver.

My favourite lullabies are Rock-a-Bye Baby and Hush, Little Baby... of course :paci: and I also love Twinkle Twinkle Little Star too. I'll throw the Itsy Bitsy Spider out there as well, although I'm not sure if it counts, it sure is a super fun song/game though :)

Itsy bitsy spider totally counts, and honestly even works as a great bedtime or diaper changing game before bed. (If I recall there was a CD I picked up at the library that actually encourages this) and as for rock a bye baby, that one is my all time personal favorite, but I look forward to hopefully have someone softly sing it to me in real life slower and softer until I fall asleep with me close to they're chest...and to mabey wake up and see me still there later on. Almost tears me up thinking about it...

I used to listen to a lot of vocal lullabies but it is hard to find any ones that are actually slow enough or what not.... I don't want a musical performance I just want rest and cuteness you know? (I'm resting not listening to DragonForce)

So anyway. Sleep encouragement and twinkle twinkle seems to get me better rest , and I'm glad to see I wasn't the only one alone who likes the classic baby music. (Whenever I asked this question elsewhere people are usually like "oh...Coldplay I guess"

My favorite lullaby is All the Pretty Little Ponies. I also like instrumental Celtic music, it’s very calming,

Wuggle said:
My favorite lullaby is All the Pretty Little Ponies. I also like instrumental Celtic music, it’s very calming,

Funny you say that I just learned that song on piano and riverdance :p

Stay Awake from Mary Poppins and Someone's Waiting For You from The Rescuers are my go to songs for sleepy time.

I LOVE lullabies. Whether regressed or not they just touch my heart. My mom used to sing to me at night to help me fall asleep. :) I would probably melt instantly if someone sang to me in little space.

I love a lot of the ones mentioned above! Some of my more unusual favorites include:
"Goodnight, My Angel" by Billy Joel,
"The Seal Lullaby" by Eric Whitacre (a choir piece based on a poem by Rudyard Kipling),
"Sure on This Shining Night" by Morten Lauridsen (another choir piece based on a poem by James Agee)
"The Rainbow Connection" (not really a lullaby, I guess),
"Autumn Leaves" Eva Cassidy cover (another not really lullaby),
"Slumber My Darling" by Stephen Foster (esp. the version Yo-Yo Ma did with his friends),
and "When You Wish Upon a Star" :)

If someone sang to me in little space I dont know what I would do. Something would want me to stay awake and live in the moment forever while another moment would want me to stay curled up and fall asleep. Soft singing almost knocks me to little space on its own. And as for "rainbow connection" being a lullaby, yes you are correct. I have seen a soft one actually done by a caretaker in the babyfur community as one, so technically it counts.

<3 I want to try to mabey learn "Slumber My Darling" on keyboard. That could be fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back