Abena diapers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrandenDL4ever

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Did abena change their diapers up? I recently got a couple packages of the classic m4’s and feel like the absorbency part of the diaper changed, i thought i had problems with them clumping and now they dont clump which is nice but they feel different

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i just got case of l4's and seems like the tapes are smaller but i so thinks they clump less also the plastic shell seems softer and way less crinkle to them just me i may be wrong

They've had a lot of cost-cutting measures since the many times they've announced they're going to discontinue them. It's literally only how strong their sales are in the US that has kept them on the market, but even I've gotten tired of those threats and moved on.

You can prettymuch tell when they started to go downhill when they lost their waistband. The plastic has definitely gotten softer too, though that's not necessarily that negative for me, I'm not sure if I'd say they're less absorbent necessarily, but compared to other premium diapers they're not the powerhouse they used to be. They're still my baseline to which I compare new diapers to, just due to how long I've used them, but they're not a regular purchase for me anymore.

I transitioned to NS Supreme although i have a sealed case of them in my diaper room circa '10 or '11.
I found the NS to be superior for my type of use .so i left before all the pin holes and such started .and the incrementaly cheapening of the diaper.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

The change them every couple of years, always for the worse.

The original X-PLUS product was great but has been cut back several times since then.

They used to have waistbands? When? I used to buy cases and cases of those myself, until I found out about real abdl diapers

At least they're priced cheaply. 14 for ~$20 isn't a bad deal in my book.

The xplus line was pretty good at first. But something like 4 years ago the owner got bought out by another company. We were promised no changes to the design, but it didn't take long for them to really start cutting corners and cheapen them up. First it was pinhole leaks, then poor tapes that would pop off, then the waist band went away and the padding got thinner.

I dropped Abena when the tapes got bad, and started using Confidry24/7. Northshore supreme was my backup diaper as well. Either of them are soooo much better than Abena is today. I've also since switched to Betterdry/Crinklz which I find work even better still. And the great thing is I'm also spending less overall than I used to with Abena.

Antientmariner said:
They used to have waistbands? When? I used to buy cases and cases of those myself, until I found out about real abdl diapers

They really did, it's actually mentioned in the pre-redesign review on this site, back when they were still the "X-Plus" line. Losing that waistband was a bigger deal than I thought it would be at first, and I used them despite it for a long time just due to lack of adequate replacement(switching to Luvs Size 6 as opposed to traditional Adult Diaper Boosters finally brought my costs down enough to switch to ABU fully) but without the back waistband if you're fully incontinent like I am you have to fear the dreaded "blowout" if you have a bad BM in one, because it doesn't hug your back anymore. There's always slack back there which means containment is gonna be a problem. But in their heyday they had a waistband in the back to take care of that.

https://www.adisc.org/forum/showthread.php/83345-Abena-Abri-Form-X-Plus-Review

I never knew what they were like years ago, but I really like the L4's for night time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back