Buying wholesale alibaba?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Carer
I have made inquiries about buying diapers in wholesale in hopes of saving some money from a couple suppliers on alibaba and was wondering if anyone else has tried or even possibly had luck in this area either through alibaba or anywhere else, the lady I got through to who offered what she said were thick diapers capable of holding 4000 ml( don’t know exact unit measurement off the top of head thinking ml’s?) under a minimum order quantity of 40 pieces wanted 145 usd for 4 packs of 10/ diapers each which as you all know is basically retail on premium diapers and defeats the whole purpose, I let her know that was way more than I’d want to pay and am still waiting for a reply, now I understand that you usually buy quantity to get wholesale prices but figured on a site like alibaba it’d be best to order small first for several reasons. If anyone has any insight into this or advice I’d greatly appreciate it. FYI:On the original posting from this manufacture it quoted them as like 40-.89 cents a piece and I’m not sure exactly how much she added on with shipping from China. I have the address but need to research how to make url links on this forum as I am super rusty and haven’t had to use code since like middle school when MySpace was cool sry

Last edited:
Made it a lot of times, since we are buying other stuff from china.
Mostly the prices are quoted and valid like 0.1USD/pc, which is real price, but you have to order one 40ft container. That is normal MOQ for most manufacturers in china. Under that, the costs are too high for them.

Hi buddy, this comes up a fair bit.

First off don’t do it.

So I work in the shipping industry and have seen so many people loose their shirts dealing with Chinese manufacturers where they were going to make it big buying containers of stuff really cheap and then sell it at western prices only to find what they get if it ever arrives is absolute junk.

Chinese manufacturing has a bad name for 5 main reasons from what I have seen.

Reason 1 is the buyers failure to provide a comprehensive specification that matches the factories ability to source the raw materials and what the machinery can do. Before you buy a container worth of diapers you will need to be able to provide them a design with dimensions of product, exactly what materials to use including density of fluff pulp, grade of SAP, brand of tapes, position etc.

Reason 2 is lack of an agent. To work in China you need an agent that has your interests at heart, has access to the factory & knows what they can/can’t do.

Reason 3 is quality control. Those machines work like crazy producing diapers or whatever else in mass volume, six sigma and other methodologies for production quality control are adhered to just as much as safety... NOT AT ALL. Even the most experienced diaper producers like ABU, Rearz, Tena who deal with this stuff on a daily basis in big $ wind up with batches of heart break crap and I am positive it costs them the factory won’t wear the losses easily.

Reason 4 is scheduling. So those machines work like crazy and one week maybe making a run of large hospital diapers for Mexico, the next maybe producing a run of medium ABDL diapers for Germany using different coloured backing sheets. It is hard to get into the production queue, the larger customers get the priority, things always go wrong in manufacturing and the delays for your what they consider a tiny batch mount up.

Reason 5, lack of IP respect. Those pictures of fabulous looking diapees are not products they have designed themselves, lovingly produce and companies like ABU, Rearz, MyDiaper just happen to luck out on buying and reselling they are “examples” using pinched pictures misrepresenting what they sell.

I have seen this happen lot, containers full of stuff from China assuming you don’t go crazy during the process leads to all sorts of problems before you even work out where you can put the 40’ Shipping container in your yard for unpacking that day, cleaning and return to the depot.

Argent said:

First off don’t do it.

So I work in the shipping industry and have seen so many people loose their shirts dealing with Chinese manufacturers where they were going to make it big buying containers of stuff really cheap and then sell it at western prices only to find what they get if it ever arrives is absolute junk.

Reason 1 is the buyers failure to provide a comprehensive specification that matches the factories ability to source the raw materials and what the machinery can do. Before you buy a container worth of diapers you will need to be able to provide them a design with dimensions of product, exactly what materials to use including density of fluff pulp, grade of SAP, brand of tapes, position etc.

Reason 2 is lack of an agent. To work in China you need an agent that has your interests at heart, has access to the factory & knows what they can/can’t do.

Reason 3 is quality control. Those machines work like crazy producing diapers or whatever else in mass volume, six sigma and other methodologies for production quality control are adhered to just as much as safety... NOT AT ALL. Even the most experienced diaper producers like ABU, Rearz, Tena who deal with this stuff on a daily basis in big $ wind up with batches of heart break crap and I am positive it costs them the factory won’t wear the losses easily.

Reason 4 is scheduling. So those machines work like crazy and one week maybe making a run of large hospital diapers for Mexico, the next maybe producing a run of medium ABDL diapers for Germany using different coloured backing sheets. It is hard to get into the production queue, the larger customers get the priority, things always go wrong in manufacturing and the delays for your what they consider a tiny batch mount up.

Reason 5, lack of IP respect. Those pictures of fabulous looking diapees are not products they have designed themselves, lovingly produce and companies like ABU, Rearz, MyDiaper just happen to luck out on buying and reselling they are “examples” using pinched pictures misrepresenting what they sell.

I have seen this happen lot, containers full of stuff from China assuming you don’t go crazy during the process leads to all sorts of problems before you even work out where you can put the 40’ Shipping container in your yard for unpacking that day, cleaning and return to the depot.

You forgot #6 : no product diversification. Their machines can not really be customized for a unique product. Really making a different diaper, requires cutting the plastic differently ( really expensive, because thats downtime in production ), changing the composition of the core ( the way sap and fluf are layered, etc ). So they will gladly sell you a unique product, thats really the same as the previous batch.

Roland007 said:
You forgot #6 : no product diversification. Their machines can not really be customized for a unique product. Really making a different diaper, requires cutting the plastic differently ( really expensive, because thats downtime in production ), changing the composition of the core ( the way sap and fluf are layered, etc ). So they will gladly sell you a unique product, thats really the same as the previous batch.

Wanted to keep it simple in my explanation, #1 is specification :)

Mine is only an on the spot warning list not to jump in blindly as it’s a lot of money.

Thanks guys I’d really love to hear from Somone with first hand expirence though, horror story or not =\

- - - Updated - - -

djwiktor said:
Made it a lot of times, since we are buying other stuff from china.
Mostly the prices are quoted and valid like 0.1USD/pc, which is real price, but you have to order one 40ft container. That is normal MOQ for most manufacturers in china. Under that, the costs are too high for them.

Hi thank you for replying could you specify what exactly you mean in the beginning of your reply when you said “made it a lot of times” ??

i dont know of any good diapers that come out of china abena i think comes out of denmark crinklz comes out of uk somewhere i think i am not sure about the rearz diapers if i was to guess some place in uk also just a guess for only 10 diapers in a pack they cost to much for me i rather have crinklz but i wear for double ic not abdl but that is me not posting this to start any riples in the pond

Argent said:

First off don’t do it.

So basically you get what you pay for?

SorcerorElf said:
So basically you get what you pay for?

Poor China gets a bad wrap, I really think it’s hard for us to do business in places that we don’t understand.

I think we already get incredible products from China but other peeps have already done the hard work and taken the chance to get them for us.

Or have a US factory do it, with diapers stamped "Made in USA" it outta mean alot, and you will have alot of support from out small business plans now that we are trying to move all the businesses back here...plus you can come check in on the product and consult directly to the manufacturer in person...

You are not going to get a quality product. You have no way of demanding and maintaining quality standards like ABU and Rearz do.

blob said:
You are not going to get a quality product. You have no way of demanding and maintaining quality standards like ABU and Rearz do.

I’m sorry and mean this without any disrespect but have you ever bought diapers wholesale I highly doubt every wholesaler on alibaba is just selling garbage/ or unreliable, furthermore I feel some probably take pride in quality assurance and their relationship with distributors, I think everyone just puts a bad stamp on China as a whole when it comes to manufacturing even though almost everything we have is made in China.

kraken98 said:
Or have a US factory do it, with diapers stamped "Made in USA" it outta mean alot, and you will have alot of support from out small business plans now that we are trying to move all the businesses back here...plus you can come check in on the product and consult directly to the manufacturer in person...

Thats what the government wants. Just don’t expect them to be competitive on price.

Those calculations are way off. Don't forget that one piece is that entire $145 package of 40 diapers each. At 40 pieces you're looking to spend $5,800 on that order. Add in the minimum 20ft container for shipping, and you're looking at another $1,500 minimum.

Total cost would then be $7,300. Divide that by a total of 1600 diapers (40 pieces times 40 diapers each) and the cost per diaper would be about $4.56 each.

Got $15,000+ to drop on an oversea container full of diapers that you really won’t know much about?

I don’t know why anyone assumes I meant that large a quantity I quoted that I made an inquiry for 40 diapers from a distributor who sold small, never said anything about wanting thousands of diapers, while yes I did have the word wholesale in my original post I never said I was interested in anywhere near even 1000 diapers let alone a crate but who knows if I found the right factory and it made sense I could see myself spending a few hundred, key word being if it made sense I asked if anyone had experience with actually buying from anywhere like that either good or bad that’s what I was looking for first hand stories not.

- - - Updated - - -

tykeboy123 said:
I don’t know why anyone assumes I meant that large a quantity I quoted that I made an inquiry for 40 diapers from a distributor who sold small, never said anything about wanting thousands of diapers, while yes I did have the word wholesale in my original post I never said I was interested in anywhere near even 1000 diapers let alone a crate but who knows if I found the right factory and it made sense I could see myself spending a few hundred, key word being if it made sense I asked if anyone had experience with actually buying from anywhere like that either good or bad that’s what I was looking for first hand stories not.

Another thing worth mentioning is that several of the diapers sold on the Changing Times Diaper Company are bought from distributors either on alibaba or who operate the same way as down the board they have some of the same really no brandname abdl diapers with designs Iv seen all to often that have the same specs even , I realize that you can’t get abu or crinklz or rearz anything branded like that wholesale as they are trademarked any anything other than the real deal is being sold from an unreputable source/ pirates so I’m not talking about these diapers , but I do think if you search long enough you can find quality on alibaba and I honestly do believe said company does buy in bulk from them all in all I think it def take shopping around and building trust with a company as well

tykeboy123 said:
manufacturing even though almost everything we have is made in China.

ABU and Rearz are big and can quote and insist upon certain quality standards. They are building relationships with these suppliers, not just sticking an order on Alibaba whenever they need more!

You are small and insignificant to them. You are 100% going to receive crap. I also think when they realise you only want a few packs they wont even bother, they want to shift shipping containers full.

And yes I have had packs of diapers from people who thought they could just order a pallet and sell them, they were so bad they went in the bin.

tykeboy123 said:

- - - Updated - - -

Another thing worth mentioning is that several of the diapers sold on the Changing Times Diaper Company are bought from distributors either on alibaba or who operate the same way as down the board they have some of the same really no brandname abdl diapers with designs Iv seen all to often that have the same specs even , I realize that you can’t get abu or crinklz or rearz anything branded like that wholesale as they are trademarked any anything other than the real deal is being sold from an unreputable source/ pirates so I’m not talking about these diapers , but I do think if you search long enough you can find quality on alibaba and I honestly do believe said company does buy in bulk from them all in all I think it def take shopping around and building trust with a company as well

Not 40 diapers. 40 pieces! 1 piece is a case of 40 diapers. So 1600 diapers is the minimum order.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back