Blue Screens

Status
Not open for further replies.

JonQuixote

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Sissy
Last year, I was encountering blue screens at the darndest times. Attempted to trace problems using Microsoft error codes.
Found out suing a program from Germany called AIDA64 EXTREME that my first stick of ram memory was bad. Using other testing methods didn't disclose memory issue.
Cost $68 to replace mem stick and solved year-old problem and eliminated major stress issue in my life.
Try it you will like it!

I've been using Memtest86 for the longest time. It has always detected bad memory sticks (using the latest versions), and is the first thing I run when I seem to be getting random freezes and crashes.

I remember the BSOD. Only because MS did a bad thing, they're charging a monthly fee for the updates that take up so very much of my boot and shutdown time. That and WindowsME convinced me to never again buy their products, then they dumped MS Flight Simulator which was their flagship product. Now WordPress has what they call the White Screen Of Death.

Although when I fix a puter with Windows it's great to find a functional software tool.

MemTest86 didn't catch it? o_O That's usually my go-to…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back