Dont you hate Diapers becoming lower quality?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BabyTyrant

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
It seems a lot of the High Quality Medical Style Diapers just get worse and worse over time, for example I heard Abena X-Pluses were amazing, then they became a bit worse and became Level 4, and I've heard they have plans to do away with Plastic backed Diapers.

I've also heard Molicare Diapers arent as good as say 3 or 4 years ago and the same for Seni Quatros.

Why is this? So they can charge the same price, but at a lower cost they make more money? Would they lose money to keep their Diapers at the same quality for a long time?

I don't usually wear the medical style diapers anymore, usually keeping to ABUniverse diapers because I love the product, the company behind the product, and they seem dedicated to not lowering product quality.

Also I haven't had major stock problems with ABUniverse, I see what I want in stock at the Baltimore warehouse, order it, and then within 3 days I have my order.

I expect many that must wear would prefer their diapers be discrete. Making the water proof liner quieter and the diaper thinner is all part of that. They are not AB/DL diapers. That's why I wear cloth, bulky and noisy is what I want so that is what I seek out and wear.

SissyKathy1950 said:
I expect many that must wear would prefer their diapers be discrete. Making the water proof liner quieter and the diaper thinner is all part of that. They are not AB/DL diapers. That's why I wear cloth, bulky and noisy is what I want so that is what I seek out and wear.

Well, if they not only change materials but also make them less absorbent they won't be any more discrete, matter of fact, if you leak it would be more obvious than if you had on a thick, crinkly plastic backed diaper.

And really the vast majority of people are not "The Diaper Police", they arent looking for people that have a diaper showing to give you a ticket or anything; matter of fact they dont care at all.

This doesn't just affect diapers. Everything is in flux and even if something winds up generally improved, it might lose key elements you liked (v1 SDKs vs. v2 for me). It is irritating but I've always been able to find some other diaper that would work as well or better when something drops to being undesirable.

Trevor said:
This doesn't just affect diapers. Everything is in flux and even if something winds up generally improved, it might lose key elements you liked (v1 SDKs vs. v2 for me). It is irritating but I've always been able to find some other diaper that would work as well or better when something drops to being undesirable.

Yeah, but with diapers even if you dont have a Physical need changing things can make a product go from something you like to something you hate, especially if they make them significantly lower quality in addition to changing things you make like for an aesthetic reason.

It seems to be a problem exclusively with Medical Style Diapers because ABDL diaper companies seem more dedicated to keeping things the same quality as you are used to, or even making them better.

BabyTyrant said:
Yeah, but with diapers even if you dont have a Physical need changing things can make a product go from something you like to something you hate, especially if they make them significantly lower quality in addition to changing things you make like for an aesthetic reason.

It seems to be a problem exclusively with Medical Style Diapers because ABDL diaper companies seem more dedicated to keeping things the same quality as you are used to, or even making them better.

Bambinos dropped in quality according to the detailed reviews here. I agree it's frustrating when something good drops significantly but at least so far, I've always been able to migrate elsewhere, so it doesn't weigh on me too hard.

As someone else pointed out, it's not only about diapers. A lot of companies start out with great products for reasonable prices, but then drop their quality to the point, where it's better to buy something more expensive, but better. I think it's because they find the income they get not enough and try raising it by using cheaper materials. Or high quality materials become hard to come by. I'm not really sure...

And by the way, MoliCares aren't really worse than before. I've been using then for a long while and I didn't notice any real worsening. It's possible, that their absorbency became slightly lower, but the speed at which liquid is absorbed is slightly higher, I think...

It’s an unforgivable act of shrinkflation and it’s been happening with all crazy corporations for years.

I know in the US you guys are lucky enough to have Northshore source and supply quality medical diapers still but otherwise I think we are soooo lucky to be living in a time of so many amazing ABDL diapees or we would only be stick with rubbish that has no absorbency, capacity, leak useless cloth like backings and tapes that are completely pointless.

1. Profits, Greed and some idiotic low level employee of a diaper manufacturer wanting a promotion for coming up with utter nonsense like reduction of quality of a fine product! Or someone who never has worn a adult diaper outside of a baby diaper in childhood thinking of improvements to diapers in which they are ignorant to the population of adult incontinent folks needs.
2. Population filled with vanity of wearing diapers yet Myself I do not want to wear diapers I HAVE TO WEAR DIAPERS! How I wish for a miracle.

I also believe the main problem is shrinkflation, and that it isn't just adult diapers which are affected by it. As inflation makes materials cost more, many companies are afraid to pass that cost on to their customers for fear of loosing them. As such, they find ways to cut costs just a little each time.

Over time these companies start putting out truly inferior products, which then drives their customers to somewhere else. The very thing they were trying to avoid in the first place.

Well this is why there are so many makers of mediocre stuff and there is no dominant brand in anything anymore all the mediocre crap is continuously jockeying for more people to buy there stuff with gimmicky sales and ever lower quality ,honestly off people could come together and decide what is acceptable we could drive the product instead of having it shoved at us and us just dealing with it,going from brand to brand .

For example when gas prices were sky high, yet some individual station owners were obviously gouging customers / people I organized a protest a campaign to boycott those stations between internet, social media and using both amateur and part 15 micro broadcaster radio we boycotted these particular stations, so the only sales they made were hapless out of town suckers , if your not selling gas you dont genrate and have foot traficc so cigarettes,food, groceries don't get sold.And it didn't work immediately it took a few weeks but the message got through if your gonna gouge people ,your not going to have the money to pay the electric bill to keep the lights on .If we could organize that on a national level ,we could run the crap products out , or force them to make better products,its there choice .A continous race to the bottom(no not our bottoms) like we have now ,nobody wins and everyone turns out crap as long as they can ,before the cycle repeats . We need to stop accepting inferior crap and start driving the market , every major job or product has minimum qualifications or standards that have to be met (some of you know I'm into electronics and am a "lumenaut" seeking brighter more effective more efficient LEDS , IF you go to buy an LED Flashlight there are qualifications that light has to meet or beat listed on the package ,Your welcome we fought that battle and won ) if we did that in diapers( well some us did accomplish that diapered) we could have nice things.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Just about 10-20 years ago, you had brands of miscellaneous things, that used to be better than others, had better customer service, or just flat out made high quality stuff that people were interested, could purchase if they wanted to. This goes for everything in the world.

For instance, Klipsch used to be one of the names of high quality audio. They used to have some of the best headphones and speakers. Their products were usually made very well with high quality materials. Well, Klipsch ended up being bought out by JVC, and ever since, they've been ruining the reputation that Klipsch once had. It's really saddening.

It seems quality is really taking a backseat to quality. I knew someone that had a refrigerator from the late 70's. It was uglier than sin. It was an olive green color. On the inside, it kept everything nice and cold. It never failed them until it was destroyed by a flood. They ended up getting a brand new one and it failed on them in 3 years, 4 days after the warranty expired.

Adult diapers in general have been made so cheap these days, after seeing tests done on certain brands, it's pretty easy to tell. The press out is terrible, the skin protection is minimal or non-existent, the "breathable" waterproof layer allows the urine to seep through, pretty much forcing most people to also have to buy underpads to sit or lay down. None of these institutional brands care, because care takers, nursing homes don't care, or know what it's like to actually wear the products.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

MeTaLMaNN1983 said:
Just about 10-20 years ago, you had brands of miscellaneous things, that used to be better than others, had better customer service, or just flat out made high quality stuff that people were interested, could purchase if they wanted to. This goes for everything in the world.

For instance, Klipsch used to be one of the names of high quality audio. They used to have some of the best headphones and speakers. Their products were usually made very well with high quality materials. Well, Klipsch ended up being bought out by JVC, and ever since, they've been ruining the reputation that Klipsch once had. It's really saddening.

It seems quality is really taking a backseat to quality. I knew someone that had a refrigerator from the late 70's. It was uglier than sin. It was an olive green color. On the inside, it kept everything nice and cold. It never failed them until it was destroyed by a flood. They ended up getting a brand new one and it failed on them in 3 years, 4 days after the warranty expired.

Adult diapers in general have been made so cheap these days, after seeing tests done on certain brands, it's pretty easy to tell. The press out is terrible, the skin protection is minimal or non-existent, the "breathable" waterproof layer allows the urine to seep through, pretty much forcing most people to also have to buy underpads to sit or lay down. None of these institutional brands care, because care takers, nursing homes don't care, or know what it's like to actually wear the products.

Funny you bring up appliances. One day I was waiting for a flight at Detroit Metro airport when I overhear a Whirlpool exec talking loudly and laughing and bragging that they now make appliances with inferior motors to make customers buy more appliances. I could not believe it a company exec laughing and bragging loudly on the phone to someone while others could clearly hear him in the busy Concourse C the commuter concourse at the McNamara Terminal that once held Northwest Airlines. Only if a shareholder was in ear shot or a "company man" person to rat out this bumbling idiot for spewing company secrets loudly and in a public setting. If I did that I would have had my sorry backside fired! Yes I know we have freedom of speech however that crosses lines of which there are MANY of them. I should have ratted that fool out for doing so.

If you only had a recording device with you lol. Yes their fridge was a Whirlpool as well oddly enough.
xpluswearer said:
Funny you bring up appliances. One day I was waiting for a flight at Detroit Metro airport when I overhear a Whirlpool exec talking loudly and laughing and bragging that they now make appliances with inferior motors to make customers buy more appliances. I could not believe it a company exec laughing and bragging loudly on the phone to someone while others could clearly hear him in the busy Concourse C the commuter concourse at the McNamara Terminal that once held Northwest Airlines. Only if a shareholder was in ear shot or a "company man" person to rat out this bumbling idiot for spewing company secrets loudly and in a public setting. If I did that I would have had my sorry backside fired! Yes I know we have freedom of speech however that crosses lines of which there are MANY of them. I should have ratted that fool out for doing so.

MeTaLMaNN1983 said:
If you only had a recording device with you lol. Yes their fridge was a Whirlpool as well oddly enough.

Sadly this was in the mid 90's and being a poor college student I was lucky to have a calling card for calls to and from college and home space was limited in my eastpack backpack for stuff I would need if I had to stay in Detroit overnight while my baggage goes home without me to be there when I arrive at the airport at home the next day. That was my dirty laundry from the last two weeks and my Television so I had something to watch at home, being in rural America televisions were handy. I wrapped my TV in my dirty laundry it arrived with no damage for 5 years no issues. the recorder I had was a dime store special and was at school for one class that needed a tape for her to record her assessment of my work ... So if I were a boy scout I would have failed.
I can still hear his voice in my head FYI.
Only if I could turn back time eh?

Back in the eighties I was photographing and documenting the deconstruction of a theatre that my mom bought in that theatre which we now owned were 4 pairs of very old speakers all hardwood not veneer 2 were B&O and two were K's , my mom didn't care about speakers she didn't even really like music , but i rocked the he'll out of those things ,i loved them ,they got stolen from my house in the late 90's ,i hope the mopeds that nabbed them got some good money for them ,near as I could figure from the B&O they were late 40's early 50's .
They played a cheap stereo like a million bucks ,today I have a massive system and can only imagine would my SACD would sound like thru them.
MeTaLMaNN1983 said:

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

MeTaLMaNN1983 said:

Its not about care, its about profit. Making a really absorbing diaper would make a package only 25 cts more expensive. But why would you. If its a bad diaper, you get 5 or 6 changes a day, so thats one package a week ( approx). If you make very good one, 3 or 4 changes a day. That is one less package to sell in a month.

The fact that all generic brands are this bad, shows they don’t experience competition. After all, one competitor could ask slightly more money, sell better products and win the market. Another possibility is that most generic brands are made by the same factory. Even with only one supplier, its still about the money and not about the patient.

Roland007 said:
Its not about care, its about profit. Making a really absorbing diaper would make a package only 25 cts more expensive. But why would you. If its a bad diaper, you get 5 or 6 changes a day, so thats one package a week ( approx). If you make very good one, 3 or 4 changes a day. That is one less package to sell in a month.

The fact that all generic brands are this bad, shows they don’t experience competition. After all, one competitor could ask slightly more money, sell better products and win the market. Another possibility is that most generic brands are made by the same factory. Even with only one supplier, its still about the money and not about the patient.

Only if one of the best diaper brands would invade mass retail I bet ya that Kimberly Clark & Domtar (Attends) would be guaranteed to bring their products up in quality to meet the newcomer head on. Or face dramatic loss of sales and closure of the product line all together. Maybe the two inferior mass marketed adult diapers would shape up once and for all. I am surprised that they have not seen a dramatic loss of sales since places like Wal Mart are stocking the even lower quality crap those pull ups and those boutique nonsense Depend is peddling now. Whomever wastes money on that crap uh nevah mind.... I d better stop or I will get in trouble from the mods.

Yes! I have just taken delivery of three packs of plastic backed ID Super that I use for overnight. As a side sleeper they had never let me down. When unwrapping to put them on, they now have fabric side panels, are thinner and the tapes only just reach the plastic. Needless to say by morning the fabric side panel had torn and we had a somewhat damp bed. On reporting this to the suppliers they referred me to the detailed description on the website regarding the improved design of thinner and 'breathable' side panels. To be fair to them they did offer a credit . For improved read 'cheapened'. Beware.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back