Not so exciting diaper news

Status
Not open for further replies.

paddedcowboy

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
So it appears that on July 25th Amazon added a tab-style adult diapers to their “Solomo” product line. I don’t have any intentions of buying these anytime soon since I don’t see any indication of leak guards and also because they are only available for purchase in cases of 80. What caught my eye about these is what I read in the description...

“If you’re not completely satisfied, we’ll refund the full amount of your purchase. No returns necessary.”

I’m skeptical that I would ever find a diaper that I’m completely satisfied with that only costs .50 per, but considering the price maybe I could be satisfied with the product for the price. No doubt the money back guarantee is VERY reassuring.

Would any of you consider these for the price?

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I know what a lot of you reading this post are thinking... I’m not gonna deny it tempted me... but that’s just not cool. Don’t give in to the temptation.

At fifty cents per... Hmmm... Possibly.

It doesn't say in the description when they're plastic backed or clothlike-backed, but the wording in the description leads me to believe they've got cloth-like shells. I'd try them if they were plastic, but I'm not a fan of disposables with cloth-like backing.

I'd give them a shot if they had a cloth-like backing more similar to ABU Preschools, but I have a feeling it's probably going to be what's normally on supermarket diapers, what I like to call the "Dryer-sheet backing" because that's what it feels like and is as effective at holding leaks as.

What do you like about the diapers? If you don't give it a try, don't you think you will always wonder what they will be like? Look at the bright side, if you don't like it, you can always get a refund, so you have nothing to lose. Why not give it a try and let us know.

link?

If you’re not completely satisfied, we’ll refund the full amount of your purchase. No returns necessary.
Soft, breathable material that helps your skin stay cool and comfortable
Comfortable protection for day and night
Advanced core design and fast absorbing strip locks away moisture and odor
Wetness indicator turns blue when wet

WABX said:
Soft, breathable material that helps your skin stay cool and comfortable

Right, that's the part that made me assume they're not plastic-backed.

Prevail makes most of the store-brand incontinence products out there, and it looks like that's the case here.

The Breezers do have a cloth-like cover, and the fasteners are indeed Velcro-like. They are a light-duty diaper that will handle one or perhaps two wettings. It's still true that you get what you pay for.

-RMS

What's terrible is that the quantity of size M(80) and L(64) are staggering. There's a difference of 16 diapers to make it almost the same price as mediums. Making it cost 11 cents more per diaper at that count price, and overall paying $10 more per case for the same amount of diapers as medium. I know it doesn't cost that much more to make diapers with extra plastic sheeting, cloth sheeting, and I doubt it has a bigger absorbent panels.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Reading through the description tells me that these products are meant to compete against the likes of Wal-Mart as well as target institutional use. The intent here is that institutions usually look for the best deals based on their core needs; to which comfort isn't necessarily a core need, more like a focus instead. Nursing homes typically are not going to buy diapers that approach even 75 cents per unit unless the quality is so bad the caretakers refuse to put up with it.

In short, this is not a comfort product; it is a utility product.

I wouldn't buy them either. You get what you pay for, and for that cheap you're not going to get an even half-decent diaper.

Be carefull with amazon returns too. Once or twice a year probably won't flag your account, but do it too often and your account could get suspended.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back