Can't Apply Eyeliner For The Life Of Me

Status
Not open for further replies.

PuppyLover

𝓒𝓻𝔂𝓫𝓪𝓫𝔂
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I don't wear it that often, but it does make my eyes look nicer. It's not even the fact that I can't draw a wing, it's just eyeliner in general. My waterline is so sensitive, and I've been trying to do it for years. I don't know when my tolerance is gonna build up, but I've got an interview in a few days AND I WANT MY EYES TO POP.

SEND HELP

*Note that I use a felt-tip eyeliner because I find it's the easiest to control, but I have a Revlon eyeliner roller thing, if that works better.*

What I use

What I have

I've pretty much given up putting anything in my waterline, but what I do when I want to draw eyeliner on my upper lid is I kind or scooch the flat side of the felt tip along my lashes to sort of stamp some colour on the skin just above the lashes. What many people also suggest is playing connect the dots, where you draw some dots on your lid and connect them rather than trying for a continuous line.

Though what I usually end up doing is use a brown eyeliner pencil. If the line I draw with that isn't perfect, I can smudge it to make it look more like eyeshadow. I find that easier (as a make-up noob myself) than black eyeliner, and it matches my aesthetic more. It will still make your eyes pop.
What you also can do is draw a sort of guideline with the brown pencil that you can fill in with black later, but you might wanna try that out a few times.

Reactions: Grannyweatherwax
Schwanensee said:
What many people also suggest is playing connect the dots, where you draw some dots on your lid and connect them rather than trying for a continuous line.

Thanks for the tip!

I agree that eyeliner is a nightmare. It was designed by the evil makeup witches to be a bain to all. (I think I have used bain in the correct context? (aphasia))

When I used to wear makeup, I also had the issue where my waterline hated it, I'd either be super sore, or super itchy, and end up looking like a beaten up panda....

Back when I used to wear makeup, I couldn't apply mascara properly without my eyes force blinking all the time, either.

In the end I bought one of the ink "felt tip" like eyeliners and did the best I could with it, some days my eyes looked awesome, other days people asked why I'd been crying. :D

Schwanensee's tips are awesomesausage! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back