Status
Not open for further replies.

ndyh

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Diaperfur
I pruchased a mixed case a few months back. Both the Waddlers and Galactics give off a particularly strong chemical smell, that seems to get even worse with being worn. However, the Overnights in the same case don't suffer from the same issue. Has anyone else encountered this? Are they still safe to use?

I've had 2 cases of them so far, and only one bag had the smell. it wasn't very strong, and mostly went away when I left the diapers out of the bag for a week.

It smells like glycol to me, and glycol is commonly used as a drying agent in some manufacturing processes. I'd suspect it was from driving the humidity out of the SAP.

I have the same issue, I bought a case, the first 2 packs were fine, just a slight odor, opened the 3rd pack and smelled it stronger, as I wet the diaper the chemical small got even stronger, I also noticed that tykables tend to leak scents, if I use baby powder after a couple wettings the scent of the baby powder starts coming through, I dot know if its because the seal is supper good on the diaper and went you bend over or move around the air gets forced out of the top waist band? just a theory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back