Rearz safari

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ilike2hide

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
So you like your guys/ gals reviews of the rearz safari? I read about the tape being weak, but I realy like the print, any free back would be great

So far I really like them there super thick just a heads up I haven't had issues with the tapes so far it's the lol monsters that I hear have bad tapes but safaris are one of my fav diapers and the first premiums that I bought

Ilike2hide said:
So you like your guys/ gals reviews of the rearz safari? I read about the tape being weak, but I realy like the print, any free back would be great

The Safari is the printed version of the all-white Inspire+InControl. They're among the highest capacity diapers on the market right now, and have had consistently good quality and performance. (I'm not sure how they compare with the other contender, the ABU PeekABU, as they are having problems keeping them in stock in my size!) I don't recall seeing any complaints about the print transferring (when wet?) as has happened somewhat recently with some of the other popular premium ABDL diapers. Tapes seem to hold strong and don't easily pull off the back as is more common with some other specific diapers. (taping on too tight though can cause tape failures with any diaper)

They do cost a little more than the Inspire+InControl, so if you end up liking the model but want to spend a little less you should consider getting the slightly cheaper "generic" Insipre+InControl.

Oh and they're quite thick and wide in the crotch, they're really hard to be discrete in public, but they're absolutely fantastic for overnight if you need high capacity. I mostly wear them on Friday and Saturday nights when I want to be able to sleep in late without having to get up and change. (side sleeping is however something of a challenge due to their thickness)

Their size is average to large, as compared to other diapers with the same size cagetory.

I just realy like the print, and super wide and thick is great, how do the hold up sleeping in them?

The tapes pull off of the wing and renders the diaper useless. If people think it’s acceptable to use tape to fix it; it’s not. You pay for a premium diaper and get disfunction. You wouldn’t buy a car that can only drive 20% of the time you need it. Until they fix that issue, there are vastly superior diapers out there. A dry 24/7 beats the easily and a bette dry/crinkles scoffs at their attempts.

Is the safari thicker than the ABU PKU? I’ve only tried the ABU.

Their sizes may feel like they run a bit large compared to other brands. I've found the tape placement is the same as ABU and Tykables on me, but with the extra wide padding through the crotch and cut of the leg holes, they "feel" larger.

I've never had a tape problem. The tapes are wide and grip very well compared to many other brands. I've never had one tear off the wing except when being pulled on hard enough to tear the diaper anyway. They are very secure, very strong 3M tapes.

They hold up very well to sleeping. I can get 18 hours out of one easily, so they're fine for weekends where I get to sleep in.

I've never had the ink come off a Safari, but I have had it come off other Rearz products and other diapers when they were covered in lotion, diaper cream, petroleum based lube, alcohol based lube, and shaving cream for extended periods of time. So it's possible.

Ehorton said:
Is the safari thicker than the ABU PKU? I’ve only tried the ABU.

By ABU PKU, you mean the PeekABU, right? I've got both on hand here (size medium), and the Safari definitely seems thicker when folded and unused. However, I'd wager that, when properly soaked, the PeekABU will swell to a greater thickness than the Safari. These are my own gut impressions, though, so you might want to verify this by checking the Advanced Diaper Reviews posted elsewhere on this site.

I prefer the PeekABU myself, but that's just personal preference.

SirGorbachev said:
By ABU PKU, you mean the PeekABU, right? I've got both on hand here (size medium), and the Safari definitely seems thicker when folded and unused. However, I'd wager that, when properly soaked, the PeekABU will swell to a greater thickness than the Safari. These are my own gut impressions, though, so you might want to verify this by checking the Advanced Diaper Reviews posted elsewhere on this site.

I prefer the PeekABU myself, but that's just personal preference.

Yes I mean for peekABU. Sorry. I’ve got the PeekABU and like them a lot. I use Crinklz as my daily diapers but when I need to a longer time without a change I’ll wear the ABU. How does the safari compare to Crinklz?

Ehorton said:
Yes I mean for peekABU. Sorry. I’ve got the PeekABU and like them a lot. I use Crinklz as my daily diapers but when I need to a longer time without a change I’ll wear the ABU. How does the safari compare to Crinklz?

No problem! It's just that there are so many new ABDL diapers these days that I wanted to make sure this wasn't a new one I hadn't tried or heard of yet. :)

That's pretty much exactly how I am with Crinklz and PeekABU; I used to use the Crinklz more, but when PeekABU came along I began to prefer it, certainly for those times when I want to be out in public, discreet, and yet have zero worries about leaks. Crinklz are thicker when dry, and they tend to leak around the legs more quickly for me than the PeekABU, not to mention there's that nasty issue with the ink transferring from their outer shell to any plastic pants that are over them.

As for comparing Safari's performance with that of Crinklz, I'm probably not the best person to say, as I've only tried Safari a few times. (I do remember it swelling up quite a lot, though.) I've got both in front of me right now, and I can say that the plastic shell certainly feels thicker and more durable on the Safari than on Crinklz. The folded Safari is wider and noticeably thicker than the Crinklz, and it has a clear plastic layer on the landing area, which makes it easier to shift the tapes around if necessary. The Safari feels softer on the inside than the Crinklz as well.

Last edited:
So far I've never had a problem with the safaris tapes or the lil monsters tapes.

I am an off and on user of safaris, this week that’s been my preferred choice and I haven’t had any issues with tapes popping off or anything like that, these are made very well and I do enjoy the thickness

I haven't tried the Safaris but have tried the plain version the +Incontrol Inspires. I didn't find them significantly better than the original Inspires and they hold plenty. That being said I think for the price the plain Inspires are a good value and hold plenty for me, hence I've bought 4 cases of them. Never had any issues with the tapes either. Love the thick plastic front for the 'landing zone' as well.

All diapers can leak between the legs, if you have the wrong size, don't prepare them right, or tape them incorrectly you can have leaks easily. Crinklz holds as much as Rearz, ABU, DC, Tykables, and it's nothing to scoff at. They're cheaper per piece, they swell more than most even though they're thinner. They're always readily available to order through Northshore.
Rearz on the other hand, while their diapers are just as good as the rest, are significantly higher per piece than any diaper available. If you want to pay the extra money, I won't stop you, but they're really no better than anyone else. The reason they're usually available is because they are expensive, and most people would rather not spend $3.00 per diaper.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

sotexasDL said:
I haven't tried the Safaris but have tried the plain version the +Incontrol Inspires. I didn't find them significantly better than the original Inspires and they hold plenty. That being said I think for the price the plain Inspires are a good value and hold plenty for me, hence I've bought 4 cases of them. Never had any issues with the tapes either. Love the thick plastic front for the 'landing zone' as well.

The +InControl are only very slightly thicker, but are several ounces heavier, I believe that's added SAP that's the only difference. I've found the do have a noticeably higher capacity than regular Inspires.

It’s been awhile, but I’ve got a safari on now! Forgot how nice they are. I like the small size because I’m a 29-30” waist and some mediums can be slightly too big for a good leg cuff seal and comfy fit and most smalls are a little too tight around the legs. I like the range in size they provide. I wish ABU smalls went to 31-32” and they would probably fit me great.
Also, I’ve been in this safari for more than 12 hours now and the tapes are doing fine. I’ve even re-taped one side!

Another Safari lover here. Not only do they fit well, but I absolutely LOVE the print and the feel of the plastic. The obvious downside is that they are a little more expensive but at least you get 12 instead of 10 in a bag.

I've certainly never had any leaks or tapes fail.

My absolute favorite thing about the Safari's is perhaps something that's not too often discussed with diapers--but something I really really like to have in the kinds I buy--and that's the outer plastic is so SO sturdy/strong.

Probably more than any diaper I've ever tried (and I've tried LOTS) the Safari's have the most durable, strong feeling plastic backing--without it feeling at all uncomfortable. You can tape them SUPER snug, and the plastic will never stretch or tear. It's awesome!

Aside from that, the Safari's are also crazy wonderful thick, and meant specifically for nighttime use. Which is 99% of the time when I'm able to wear anyways. Can't recommend them enough. They're awesome.

I found that they were very thick and held slot. I ordered a large this the size I normally do for all the other brands, I don't know if I was wearing them wrong but I kept leaking around the leg holes when with others this hasn't happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back