Planning new innovations for Goodnites/depends that will help gain more market...

Status
Not open for further replies.
TL;DR version:

Sustainability without top line expansion will result in failure. Atleast that's what I got out of what I could actually read from there without making an account.

Edit*: I.E. They need to make their stuff better or they'll go bankrupt long term.

AddyShadows said:
TL;DR version:

Sustainability without top line expansion will result in failure. Atleast that's what I got out of what I could actually read from there without making an account.

Edit*: I.E. They need to make their stuff better or they'll go bankrupt long term.

Someone needs to forward that advice to bambinodiapers.com

AddyShadows said:
TL;DR version:

Isn't that what almost everyone has been saying? I'm not trying to bash P&G here, but I wonder why they are just now making plans to improve their products?

The only place they talk about goodnites is:

Kimberly-Clark’s personal care segment is responsible for half of the company’s total sales. This segment is home to a wide variety of products such as disposable diapers, youth pants, swim pants, baby wipes and feminine care products, sold under brand names such as Huggies, Pull-Ups, GoodNites, Kotex and Depend, to name a few. Kimberly-Clark’s personal care segment has been successful in maintaining its market share in Eastern Europe and China, primarily as a result of price cuts. Going forward, the company plans to launch new innovations in Huggies Snug and Dry diapers, Goodnites Youth Pants and Depend underwear, which could increase its market share in the global baby and feminine care market going forward. Kimberly-Clark accounts for 14% of the U.S. market in the personal care segment (as of 2016).

Which is basically saying that they will innovate on Huggies, Goodnites and Depends. I wouldn't say we can get anything else from this article....

KC needs to do something different (and for the better) if they want to expand into the eropean market, most eruo brands are a night and day difference to KC’s brands as far as quality and comfort. The only thing that might help KC in the short run is if current tariff taxes get raised onto eropean diaper imports, but we’ll have to wait and see what Washington does

Cool... (If they put there money where there post is.)

Well they have for years been coming up with "New improved" according to them which destroyed a decent product , they have been making corporate mindset improvements that have fallen flat on there sales, well at the same time shutting out feedback from customers , they used to have an active site with chat and all kinds of stuff ,but the distressing improvements that customers where conversing about , they did not want to hear literally so the site became locked down with moderators deciding if a comment gets posted or tossed in the delete box ,many of us abandoned ship at that point , however that has been how they maintain 5 star reviews that are shown , because any descenting opinions go in the trash , you can mail them a letter saying its the worst crap you have ever wore and will not be buying it again ,they dont read letters they just send you back a letter with $5 discount coupons for the next purchase that you told them wasnt going to happen ! You can get depend down in Australia that are actually quite good , and this whole thing of buying them by mail subsrciption hasnt gone well for them because only new consumers sign up they get a couple orders in and find these do nothing for mom, dad, grandma, gramps IC or learn they have to get up and change diapers 3 or 4 times a night and go looking for diapers that will last ( i mentor in carer communities and answer people's burning questions about where to get diapers that will let there loved ones and themselves get a decent nights sleep ).Depends practicaly invented the adult disposable market segment back years ago they enjoyed they had like 80% of the home health market (most healthcare facilities have always been Attends or Wings,that i ever worked in or was a patient at )and they have steadly been losing market segment saturation, sales to people demanding a decent product ,i would say go back to about 1993 put that depend back on the market( I think that was the the year they started SAP With a full fill and SAP supplement) as a start well you redesign a modern cost effective reliable diaper ,listen to customers that have thus far been irrelevant & don't listen to the boardroom ,they got you into this position and customers can get you out of it .
Recover your brand image , become a diaper again instead of a punchline ! we have removed the joke from our waist now remove it from your product and earn our waste back .

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

I think where KC/Pampers have screwed up royally--at least in the US market--is that they're not accounting for the (mostly) falling birth rate.

People are having LESS kids these days. Which says to me that, at least with 'my' generation, new parents are more willing to buy really high quality products for their 1.5 kids/average per family. Instead of trying to stretch money on 5+ kids.

However, at least as far as diapers are concerned--there literally are NONE within the major producers that are even 'quality' anymore. Even with so called 'overnight' diapers, the trend has been to make them progressively thinner, cheaper (in quality), and more prone to breakage. To the point where--now, I'd be willing to say that 90% of all 'top brand' diapers are more or less identical in their makeup, aside from a few really really small differences: thin, barely absorbent, and designed to be changed at higher rate (forcing parents to use/buy more diapers overall).

People WILL pay more for some kind of 'premium' quality diaper. But, at least for average consumers, that can no longer be found in Huggies/KC line. Which is part of why I think people are being driven more to try cloth diapers.

Overall? Their business model sucks.
If they didn't already have a partial monopoly on the market as is--I'd wager that they would have been bankrupt already by now.

I agree Tetra and Dan09. Shame hiw stock earningscseejs more important than customer issues.

Dan09 said:
I think where KC/Pampers have screwed up royally--at least in the US market--is that they're not accounting for the (mostly) falling birth rate.

People are having LESS kids these days. Which says to me that, at least with 'my' generation, new parents are more willing to buy really high quality products for their 1.5 kids/average per family. Instead of trying to stretch money on 5+ kids.

However, at least as far as diapers are concerned--there literally are NONE within the major producers that are even 'quality' anymore. Even with so called 'overnight' diapers, the trend has been to make them progressively thinner, cheaper (in quality), and more prone to breakage. To the point where--now, I'd be willing to say that 90% of all 'top brand' diapers are more or less identical in their makeup, aside from a few really really small differences: thin, barely absorbent, and designed to be changed at higher rate (forcing parents to use/buy more diapers overall).

People WILL pay more for some kind of 'premium' quality diaper. But, at least for average consumers, that can no longer be found in Huggies/KC line. Which is part of why I think people are being driven more to try cloth diapers.

Overall? Their business model sucks.
If they didn't already have a partial monopoly on the market as is--I'd wager that they would have been bankrupt already by now.

You have a good point there. Especially about parents finding alternatives for poor quality stuff.

I would honestly be surprised if KC or P&G starts making better diapers in the Goodnite/Depends lineup; they seem much more interested in selling a crapload of cheap diapers than probably 1/3rd or 1/4th as many at a higher price.

It's kind of a shame a lot of the better products that are already out there are probably not well known in the non-ABDL Incontinent market.

Last edited:
p&g screwed up when they sold off the attends brand off to paper pac as far as depends goes i dont ever recall them being a somewhat good diaper or even pull up even the new fit flex suck when i was in school in the 80's and 90's there was a few times when my diaper bag on the back of my chair would be forgotten to be restocked and the school kept a bag or 2 of depends on hand for just that reason and i would pee them one time the best we could tell and they would leak out and end up in the lost and found or calling home for pants to be brought in and i would have to stay with the nurse for a bit till mom came in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back