Thread: pill stuck in my nose

Default pill stuck in my nose

Well, this is embarasing. After swallowing a good-sized sleeping pill it went up the back of my throat instead of going down. Now it's stuck up there. I can feel it and it's kind of annoying.
    Any ideas on how I can get it down? I've been snorting like crazy, you know, when you hawk a bunch of flegm from your nose into your mouth in order to spit it out. ya...
    Boy, this brings back memories of the time i was having dinner with my girlfriend's parents and I got a potatoe stuck up there in the same way. Maybe I'm geneticaly predisposed for this kind of thing.

What're the chances of it disolving before I pass out?

Quote Originally Posted by Chillhouse View Post
    What're the chances of it disolving before I pass out?
    I would guesstimate around 71049474% of it being a possibility. I had a dime stuck in my nose at like 2-3 (fine.... I was 5 or 6 and I did know better.... But I am white.. I have a right to be stupid like that!)

My cousin tried sniffing coke, the drink. and ended up with a piece of ice lodged in his nose. :P

Chillhouse, you are so funny! You could try snorting some water up your nose, or start drinking some water and have someone make you laugh hysterically, thus snorting water 'till it goes out your nose. Short of that, it could take a long time for it to dissolve "up there".

I would pour water into my nose. Like they do for sinus relief.
    If that doesn't do anything, I would call a doctor, and ask them...

Last month, I got a rather large piece of a chip stuck up my nose.... It was really scratchy and sharp! But I sneezed like 10 times. My hand was covered in buggers, the piece of chip, and I had a slight nosebleed. It was pretty funny (for everyone else)

Im sorry... LOL!!!

Yeah just try the water... Don't worry I once accidently snorted red dirt.

I was sore for weeks... my throat... I was 13..

Butterfly Mage

That happened to me a few times. I had to wait until my nasal passages secreted enough mucous to allow the pill to slide out and go down my throat. Although not a dangerous incident at all, it was REALLY annoying!

So, I tried snorting water, but it just made me real light headed. Then I tried gurgling and that didn't work. Eventualy I just fell asleep.

Half way through the night I woke up with the pill in my mouth. I took it out and looked at it. then I fell back asleep. No idea what I did with the pill, though, as I can't find it. Maybe it was just a dream...

Anyway, I think it's gone now. I can't feel it anymore.