Help...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myles

Banned
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I live with my parents, and I don't know if I should tell them I am a DL, because I can't get diapers without them knowing, so unfortunately I haven't been padded for a couple months now. Time for a short backstory... When I was 6 years old my best friend and I(still my best friend) would put on pull ups at his house all the time. One day he asked what I wanted for my birthday, and I told him pull ups. He then went and told his mother, who told my mother. I instantly got picked up early, to be yelled at for 30ish minutes. My mom talked with my dad and they gave me the pull ups I desired. I refused, knowing that I had ruined my family's reputation. Now I still have the urge for diapers, and I don't know if I should bring this old conversation back up. What do you guys think?

Wow I can see your delemia that your having. Still living at home and being a DL is rough. Have you tried wetting your pants on purpose Or the bed at night? You never know it could work out for you.
Now your best friend does he still know your a DL? And if he lives alone could you wear diapers around him?

Pampers said it all but i dont think you want to be dragged to the dr

Quite the problem you have there. I mean, honestly what you do is your business, not your parents, I get it when you're a kid, and in fact most people would probably pass it off as a phase. But now that you're older they don't have to know at all. Involving parents is usually a bad idea.

I find that it would be much easier once you have a place of your own (and thus privacy). You could indulge in DL without anyone else knowing.
I'm not sure where you are in your stage of life so I don't know if this would be a plausible solution, or even something remotely possible in the near future.
Just a thought though. Right now I'm living at home and can't engage in anything abdl. I just have to keep waiting until I finally get my own place (could be a while).

Based on your previous experience, I would suggest not telling your parents. They might suggest a psychologist. On the other hand, you don't state your age, but if you're over 21 you should be able to play the "adult" card and tell them (if it comes up) that you are an adult and it is your money. Worst case they would tell you to find your own place.

There are ways to sneak diapers in and out of the house without them knowing.

Ok, I think you should NOT tell your parents, unless you do it in a specific way. There's reasons for this.

If you blurt out: "I like wearing pullups!" your parents are going to think you are mentally ill and they'll whisk you away to a psych. Parents are not all that understanding of their children (I know, I am a parent!), so you're in for trouble if you just blurt it out.

A better way is to approach the topic gently, probably with the parent you feel is more understanding (whether that be mom or dad). SOFTLY.

"Mom, can we go for a walk together?"
"Sure son, after I finish......(whatever)"
*goes on walk
"Mom, I've been having thoughts that confuse me"
"Hmmm, okay...? What sort of thoughts?"
"Well.....this is going to sound weird....and I hate myself for it....but....?"
"I have a weird desire to try wearing pullups again"
"Oh, that's so silly!"
"Yeah, I know."
"I do hope these thoughts stop, I feel really confused by them, and I don't like it"

If you play the card of seeing the thoughts as separate from you, and make it like you don't really want them to happen (it doesn't matter if that's not true), it opens you up to a discussion with your parents. Depending on the reaction you get, it might open you up to suggesting that you try wearing a pullup, just so you know "it's not for you" ;-)

Anyway, I really hope you find a way to resolve this.

normalguy said:
Ok, I think you should NOT tell your parents, unless you do it in a specific way. There's reasons for this.

If you blurt out: "I like wearing pullups!" your parents are going to think you are mentally ill and they'll whisk you away to a psych. Parents are not all that understanding of their children (I know, I am a parent!), so you're in for trouble if you just blurt it out.

A better way is to approach the topic gently, probably with the parent you feel is more understanding (whether that be mom or dad). SOFTLY.

*goes on walk
"Oh, that's so silly!"
"Yeah, I know."
"I do hope these thoughts stop, I feel really confused by them, and I don't like it"

If you play the card of seeing the thoughts as separate from you, and make it like you don't really want them to happen (it doesn't matter if that's not true), it opens you up to a discussion with your parents. Depending on the reaction you get, it might open you up to suggesting that you try wearing a pullup, just so you know "it's not for you" ;-)

I like what you have said here Normalguy, but something is not sitting right. Your method of the walk with the more understanding parent is great. But somehow his "presentation" is coming off as possessed, as, "hey I'm reaching out for help here, help me fix this". As I read it my interpretation is, his parents would be having him evaluated.

I like how he opens it up, but there has to be another way.

littlemoosey said:
I like what you have said here Normalguy, but something is not sitting right. Your method of the walk with the more understanding parent is great. But somehow his "presentation" is coming off as possessed, as, "hey I'm reaching out for help here, help me fix this". As I read it my interpretation is, his parents would be having him evaluated.

I like how he opens it up, but there has to be another way.

Sure, it's not at all foolproof, and it only works if the parent in question is actually open to Myles having confusing thoughts. I tried to think of a better way he could open up to them, but that's all I came up with.

You know, sometimes people are more accepting of things if they are given the "right" reason. If Myles comes across as trying to fix this "problem", and become "normal", somehow that's more acceptable and garners more sympathy than giving people no place in the discussion. Generally, most people become very open and willing to help if you ask them about a problem you want to fix, but they don't open up and help if you just tell them a closed situation.

"My bike is broke and there's nothing that you can do to fix it"
"Um, ok. Sure. Bye."

"Hey, something's wrong with my bike, could you take a look and tell me your thoughts on how to fix it?"
"Yeah sure, thanks for asking, it looks like......erm.....wait....I'm not sure you can fix that, sorry buddy. Hey do you need a lift somewhere?"

I went for the inclusive option.

Thanks guys! Idk about wetting myself though, they would probably take me to a doctor. I don't know any ways to sneak diapers in and out, so give me some ways to do that.

Myles said:
Thanks guys! Idk about wetting myself though, they would probably take me to a doctor. I don't know any ways to sneak diapers in and out, so give me some ways to do that.

One word: Backpack. You have one for school, right? Go buy diapers and bring them in using your backpack. Unload in a secret hiding place and enjoy!

Scaramouche said:
One word: Backpack. You have one for school, right? Go buy diapers and bring them in using your backpack. Unload in a secret hiding place and enjoy!

Thanks scaramouche!

Yeah I would go with the backpack idea, all you need is the backpack and time to buy a pack of diapers at the store, your parents won't question what they won't see.

normalguy said:
Sure, it's not at all foolproof, and it only works if the parent in question is actually open to Myles having confusing thoughts. I tried to think of a better way he could open up to them, but that's all I came up with.

You know, sometimes people are more accepting of things if they are given the "right" reason. If Myles comes across as trying to fix this "problem", and become "normal", somehow that's more acceptable and garners more sympathy than giving people no place in the discussion. Generally, most people become very open and willing to help if you ask them about a problem you want to fix, but they don't open up and help if you just tell them a closed situation.

"My bike is broke and there's nothing that you can do to fix it"
"Um, ok. Sure. Bye."

"Hey, something's wrong with my bike, could you take a look and tell me your thoughts on how to fix it?"
"Yeah sure, thanks for asking, it looks like......erm.....wait....I'm not sure you can fix that, sorry buddy. Hey do you need a lift somewhere?"

I went for the inclusive option.

If Myles was really wanting his bike fixed, your example would be great. But, he does not really want the problem "fixed". Myles is looking for approval, "tacit" or other wise to wear diapers. I think asking for help, will really get him help, the professional kind. Myles still has not told us his age, but he lives with his parents, and if they are footing the bills they make the rules. Myles may need to come at this from another direction.

littlemoosey said:
If Myles was really wanting his bike fixed, your example would be great. But, he does not really want the problem "fixed". Myles is looking for approval, "tacit" or other wise to wear diapers. I think asking for help, will really get him help, the professional kind. Myles still has not told us his age, but he lives with his parents, and if they are footing the bills they make the rules. Myles may need to come at this from another direction.
I would rather not share my age as I would rather not get my account banned. I just came here for support. Let's just say I'm not old enough to go out and buy some...

Myles said:
I would rather not share my age as I would rather not get my account banned.
(Err... Pardon this ticking stopwatch... *tucks it back in pocket*)
I was taking my allowance to the store and buying diapers when I was 13. It takes courage, but it's very possible. As suggest earlier: Get a backpack, and realize that the clerks don't care what you buy. You'll be ok. There's no reason to involve your parents.

Cottontail said:
(Err... Pardon this ticking stopwatch... *tucks it back in pocket*)
I was taking my allowance to the store and buying diapers when I was 13. It takes courage, but it's very possible. As suggest earlier: Get a backpack, and realize that the clerks don't care what you buy. You'll be ok. There's no reason to involve your parents.
Ok I will attempt to when my parents go on vacation or something.

normalguy said:

*goes on walk
"Oh, that's so silly!"
"Yeah, I know."

I have never told that I'm abdl to my parents or anyone and I will not recommend to do that if you are not 100% sure. But if you still want to tell them, it would be better to tell that you are an abdl, like wearing diapers, it's harmless thing and let them read for example Wikipedia page of abdl. Without things like "I do hope these thoughts stop" etc. those will make parents think you need help!! And make sure they read the Wikipedia page so they know that abdls are not interested of kids.

Myles said:
I would rather not share my age as I would rather not get my account banned. I just came here for support. Let's just say I'm not old enough to go out and buy some...

No worries Myles not trying to pry. But you have asked for "HELP" and it is hard to get the proper..."optic" on this issue without having an idea where you are on the timeline of age. The advice you might get if you were 15 maybe significantly different from what you might get if you were 18 or 25.

Most all of us here have been in your shoes. Allot of us before the internet when we had no one to turn to and we thought we must be "the only person in the world" to have these urges. Most of us found alternative more clandestine ways to fulfill those urges without sharing with our parents. There have been several suggestions on this post, as well as several threads talking about where to hide your diapers, and how to be discreet. Do more research and if this is something that you really need to investigate further then take the next steps.

Basically you are in their house and you have to contend with their rules (limits on how long you stay out at night? wanting to know where you go? etc.) Until you move into a place of your own you are going to have to walk on eggshells. Try to be very low key on when you get / wear diapers. Use the suggestion others have given you on keeping your secret. If your parents find out then you can go down the pathway many of us have already had to do and with a certain tactful discussion.

For me I was lucky, my growing up of having bedwetting meant my wearing was for a logical reason. But even when I still wore after age 12 (bought plastic pants myself) I think my mother found them initially beneath my mattress but never asked me about them as she probably thought I had a good reason to buy them and wear them. By 14 I was not wearing anymore at night but when I went to college my bedwetting came back and immediately had to start wearing cloth diapers and plastic underpants again (it was an easy quick choice for me). I never told my parents but my father saw them one day on my bed but did not say anything. I was always discreet about washing them at my parents house (during breaks in the school year) but I knew if I had to bring the topic up for discussion they would have been more than understanding.

I rarely have accidents at night anymore (1 or 2 a year slight) but I wear every night plastic underpants and training underwear. I noted just last year my mother has me sleep in the guest bed when I visit on the holidays and it has a plastic mattress cover on it yet the other guest bed in the other room does not.

If you want to wear diapers at your age that is very much your personal business at your age now but obviously not when you were maybe 10 or younger. Your parents certainly do not talk about their sex lives with you during the week so I would expect them not to have to know about everything personal to you that you don't have to discuss with them. Wear at your pleasure and discreetly so they do not have to be embarrassed; if they discover your secret then you have to decide your pathway from that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back