View Poll Results: Would you switch from Mobileme to an alt. provider?

2. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, definatly!

2 100.00%
  • No way! I love my provider that I have now

0 0%

Thread: Mobilme alternative

Default Mobilme alternative

How many of you here use mobile me by Apple? It is $99 per year, a lot to pay for their service. Would you switch if there was another comapny out there that would give you the EXACT same features, but for only $15 per year? I sure would. I use Mobileme for my business and boy howdy it gets PRICEY!!!

What do you all think?

The reason it's difficult to provide the exact same features as MobileMe is because Apple has the ability to provide seamless integration into the Mac OS and iPhone OS, which is something that's less-than-easy to duplicate. So, sure, if some company found a way to provide that same seamless integration for less money, by all means, I'd consider their product instead.

For what it's worth, I don't use MobileMe. I use Google's products: Gmail, Calendar, Contacts, etc., which are great, especially now that Calendar/Contacts have push-sync to my iPhone. Also, seems like this topic might be more suited for Computers/Games.