We don't have many "true" baby diapers in adult sizes

Do you feel we need more designs for diapers that a actual baby/toddler might wear?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
NeverKnow said:
See, I don't think of the animals on Bellissimo and Teddy as babyfurs even though they are babyish animals, and in the latter case wearing diapers. Likewise I don't think the Luvs monkey is a babyfur, even though it is wearing a diaper. They are not rendered in the characteristic furry style. Likewise the art on Tykables Overnights is not babyfur art.

I think one good place for babyfur art is on packaging, e.g., Kiddo. Baby diaper packages have babies on them, which is obviously not an option. But you also can't put an adult baby on a package, because adult babies are grotesque. An anthropomorphic character wearing the diaper is a good alternative.

You make everyone sound like Quasimodo. :laugh:

I think they could do labels that carry over the 'theme' of the diapers...like if there's an animal on it, copy that over or if it's patterns take a cue from the pattern. It makes for nice-looking shelves.

Tykables characters are, indeed, furry, but not specifically 'babyfur', they appear too old for that, even for the 'kidfur' age.

I think its worth noting in baby diapers there is licensing and royalties paid to companies to use there characters ,and if you look at the meticulous criteria of licesing a disney product , you have to produce the product and bring it to disney to go over and make corrections as they request over and over till it meets like a board of 20 exuctives approval , its daunting at how much time effort and energy it takes to get there approval its at least a $500,000 process to be able to use it not counting the fees and royalties ,they also claim a share of the profits that you have to guaratee .

Which brings us to the point of its a large team decision making not a single artist ,in many cases there is collaboration of many artists ,in some cases I understand that a character is the brain child of artist A but the board may decide that artist D version is more memorable or cute etc...
In adult diapers with prints I don't see a mad rush of artists competing to produce a design ,it's usually one or two and the decision is made.

The prints and themes on kids diapers have frequently started out as carton or animated characters that became a large scale success by resonating with a "target market" and then those backstoried historical characters get licensed for diapers ,i cant ever remember a character starting as diaper image brought to life and made into a profitable franchise .
And since adult diapers fall into two distinct categories of medical or kink the producers of kink diapers don't really have a corner on the market to be able to guarantee the kind of sales and profits of say a pampers , huggies diaper ,some parents don't care what's on the diaper that's there brand they stick by ,for an ABDL diaper to burn thru money licensing a character and not being a huge hit ,it very well could drag that company into a financial hole .kids use diapers they always will parents will always buy them especially the brand loyal following ones ,the amount of money involved for all the licensing and royalties and profit sharing is built into the diaper and is pretty much fixed by global distribution and mass marketing ,that no ABDL diaper company has , buying Rearz in the US is expensive because of shipping just as buying ABU is to Canadians, larger major baby diaper brands all ready have guaranteed shelf space in every store they need or want , the world is not yet ready to embrace dedicated supply chains and distribution of ABDL products ,it's a niche market ,we are lucky to have what we have , adding an actual known character from another company has the potential to add 15 or more dollars per diaper in the small scale market ,on top of that not every ABDL likes the same thing or certain diaper type.if you want to see something like that come to ABDL products start a story book or coming line self publish through Amazon and see if you can build it into a brand among the ABDL and then don't expect huge licensing royalties etc from one or two of the bigger ABDL companies and get what your looking for in a diaper ,unless and until somebody does that, don't hold your breath blue is an awfull color of skin,somebody has to start from scratch and nurse a product along to get it mainstream ABDL.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

CuddleWoozle said:
No no no. Babyfur = AB + furry, diaperfur = DL + furry. It's not an age-of-character description it's an interest description. ;) So what you'd want is more like "There aren't a lot of actual baby furries on diapers, most of them are older like kids." It makes it sound like folks are going to grow out of being AB and become DL at some point. *giggles*

So the real question comes down to "What kind of pictures (socially acceptable pictures. LOL) do DL want on a diaper?" I've noted a lot of DL who have little-to-no AB interests just want plain ones or plain colors. So...what? Cars? Hula Girls? Leg Lamps? Wrenches? Saws and Drills? Cooking Pans? Food? Just patterns?

I'm kind of that way. I don't care much for the bellissimos' rabbit, but kinda like the teddy's bear. Some consider the crinklz not AB enough because only Crinklz is wearing a diaper, (and not even visible on the aqua/astro) but I think it's a good balance. (that and I really like the high resolution on the prints) I also like the Little Paws print though it's starting to get a little busy. I wear the Little Builders every day, but that's a choice based mainly on the features and design of the diaper, and not at all for the print. (they actually have a bit of a pink tint to them and I don't care for that or really like the print, but it's not a deal-breaker for the otherwise work-wear awesomeness)

That and I like most all-white diapers. They're what I associate with wearing a diaper.

(and to answer another, AFAIK ABUniverse got the rights to the old diaper design for their preschools, and Rearz got the rights for their vintage replicas)

I've been experimenting recently with just slapping diaper logos on good white diapers, and find I really like the looks. It's totally not a vintage design, but just goes straight for strong DL associations. I think this helps to show that you don't need to BE a classic design to create a strong classic vibe.

But if you're going to try to create a DL theme with "universal appeal", you're in for quite a challenge.

You guys seem to be overlooking an even bigger importance here. Form follows function. That is, anything must work good before it can look like anything you may want. Babies have significantly different body shapes than adults do. As such, baby diapers simply can't be scaled up to fit an adult. The shape of an adult diaper needs to be much more form fitting for adults, and we need a minimum of two tapes on each side (or one hilariously long one) to properly secure it.

kratox said:

Doesn't it seem like our current ab/dl diapers are diapers designed for us, and not ones that would be designed for kids but made in adult sizes?

I am talking about what a shape shows. Why having sharper corners matters vs more round curves.

* Fit:
  • - The fit of the diaper is designed to stop blowouts by fitting higher in the back
  • - *slight opinion* (I feel some sag is left in baby diapers to help with easier cleanup)

• I think these three points are seriously overlooked. Baby diapers have squared corners on the absorbent material, not the figure 8 that is found in virtually all AB products, the backs fit higher, and there is more room for sag which helps with cleanup, and makes room for potential messes.

For me, I am strictly DL, but I am an adult who strongly loves "Baby Diapers". If pamper/luvs/huggies made diapers my size, they would probably be my go to. Instead, I go to the next best thing.

ABU has come the closest, and I love the SDK's. Great capacity, soft on the inside, great quality control, and great design on the landing strip only. Where they lack is in the above mentioned points: square corners, higher back and more room to sag a bit. SDK V1's had all of this, including the light blue in the backsheet, but they lacked quality and quantity of absorbent material, and therefore capacity. But they had the fit and look. In my opinion these are the closest thing to a real baby diaper I've ever come across, even if it is a baby diaper from the 90's (which in my opinion was the pinnacle of baby diapers! :))

For me, baby diapers are what its all about. I'm not into medical diapers. I'm looking for products that are baby diapers in adult sizes - design, fit, and function!

And to your point Roland007, somehow it feels better knowing what I have on underneath my clothes looks like. Subconsciously, and I guess somewhat consciously, I think about it a bit while I'm wearing all day, and it makes my experience soooo much better! :)

RG

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

Slomo said:
You guys seem to be overlooking an even bigger importance here. Form follows function. That is, anything must work good before it can look like anything you may want. Babies have significantly different body shapes than adults do. As such, baby diapers simply can't be scaled up to fit an adult. The shape of an adult diaper needs to be much more form fitting for adults, and we need a minimum of two tapes on each side (or one hilariously long one) to properly secure it.
You're definitely right about us having different shaped bodies. As adults, we're all very different. I have always had way better success with two tape diapers (one per side). I pretty much don't buy any four tape diapers. My thighs are a bit more muscular and I can never get them to fit well and be reliable. Its like they need to be a bit longer to have bigger leg holes. There is the odd four tape product that works for me, but by and large, I stick with the one tape designs. They haven't failed me yet!

RG

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

I agree. There should be more baby diapers in adult sizes....

I really feel like ABU has gotten the closest to a modern baby diaper with the Kiddo, and that is largely because the pattern that extends over the shell, two color, pastel, simple.
When diapers start having tons of bright colors and crazy patterns I start to lose interest.
I really liked the original snuggies, pre-tykables - now design wise I definitely like them, its the color scheme where they lose me.

I think one of the biggest things I notice is the color of tabs, lots of actual baby diapers today have colored tabs - carrying that over to adult sizing would be a win for me.
I do think designs are vastly improved from what was available just 5 years ago though.

I want to try the Kiddos, but I wish they had more than just the one owl design in them. :( I don't really like owls that much. (Long story. My grandma who was really kind of low-key hateful to me growing up collected them. They were everywhere in that house. Sprinkled in with Jesus pictures. So I don't like them very much because they give me bad memories.)

GlitteredArtist said:
When diapers start having tons of bright colors and crazy patterns I start to lose interest.
I really liked the original snuggies, pre-tykables - now design wise I definitely like them, its the color scheme where they lose me.

Bambino's classic "teddy" pattern is pretty basic and reserved on colors, as well as only being printed on the panel with the rest of the diaper all-white. I think it has a nice modest balance:
teddy_printed_diaper_bambino_large1.jpg

There's a massive hole in the market, for those who want an authentic, current, baby diaper replica. That's one reason adults buy baby diapers. They want something specific, and, are unwilling to settle. I am, too, so, I like cloth. I can make the focal print fit my body, and, either a gentler all-over background print, or, a solid background color, and have a different binding, for around the legs, sides, and waist, like a current baby sposie does. Question, though. What bothers some of you about hourglass shaped padding? In cloth, the best soakers are hourglass shaped, adult or not. Compromise is needed. We ain't rich enough for licensed characters.

Last edited:
bambinod said:
Bambino's classic "teddy" pattern is pretty basic and reserved on colors, as well as only being printed on the panel with the rest of the diaper all-white. I think it has a nice modest balance:
View attachment 31466

I am a fan of them, Bambino has gotten plenty of my paychecks - had one on last night actually
I do like an overall print though as far as looking more modern, however Bambino Teddy is on my tops as far as not being overtly over the top.

I'm not sure that makes sense to anyone but me

*Pulls out one of her Always pull-ons*

Look here. This padding is squared off. And it won't hold a full wetting from me should I have an incident. I'd rather have a nice fat hour-glass shaped pad that will capture everything for me than have wet pants or a puddle at my feet (Or in my shoes. EEEEEEWWWWW.)

Maybe it's because I don't care about having a 100% faithful replica of a baby diaper. I'd be willing to compromise on it. The -outside- could look as modern baby diaper-ish as possible, but under the hood, I want it to work.

Uzuki said:
ABDL diapers are all imported from the same Chinese manufacturers. They just custom print their own logos on the plastic and increase the price by 500% and the ABDL eats it up because there's no one else to undercut their business with something better.

Pampers would never design a baby diaper meant for adults because the bulk of their customers would view it as a fetish product and they'd boycott the brand.

Comfort-wise: ABDL diapers have got nothing on baby diapers.

Which means they like to rip ABDLs off. Hey they will buy these products at a ridiculous huge price and gorge it and just as long as people keep buying them, they will keep selling at a high price. I wonder if everyone started to boycott them, if the companies would lower the prices or just simply stop selling them thinking no one wants them.

Calico said:
Which means they like to rip ABDLs off. Hey they will buy these products at a ridiculous huge price and gorge it and just as long as people keep buying them, they will keep selling at a high price. I wonder if everyone started to boycott them, if the companies would lower the prices or just simply stop selling them thinking no one wants them.

Probably just stop making them.

uzuki said:
Pampers would never design a baby diaper meant for adults because the bulk of their customers would view it as a fetish product and they'd boycott the brand.
uzuki said:
Unless you're a cloth duck, like me. I like to think of sposie ADISCers as zebras, and non-diapered folk, as horses.:lol:I have to believe, though, that, if we support the companies that support us, they'll get big enough to get a machine sans China, and give us what we want. Don't forget, the technology in baby sposies, takes longer to bleed into ours. Please, forgive the terrible choice of words. I don't have better ones right now. Tena stretch are a thing, now. Took 'em long enough, huh? We'll think of something, as soon as adult sposie tech gets there.

Last edited:
SpAzpieSweeTot said:
Probably just stop making them.

Yeah, the companies would miss the whole point of the boycott. But I wonder what would happen if they also got many emails about prices being too high on the diapers? Would they put two and two together?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back