Status
Not open for further replies.

GlitteredArtist

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
So my husband and I have a couple toddlers, and more recently a new baby as well.
I have not particularly desired any "little" time since well before my most recent pregnancy. But recently, I do.
My husband was previously fairly involved and open minded - but I somehow feel uncomfortable bringing it up now, like he spends his days raising kids, and at night he needs his wife to be his wife and I'm not in a position to question that.

And when I do find some time and I pull out a pacifer or a favorite stuffed animal I feel like it is completely inappropriate behavior for a parent to partake in, even though I do not do it in the presence of my kids.

How do I balance parenthood and ageplay? Can it be done? I feel crazy. And tired. And stressed. And overwhelmed.

Hi,

Its something we recognize. We were pretty active before our first child was born. We were diapered when we wanted, had a nursery for girls that wanted to wear diapers or play baby but couldn’t do that where they lived.

When our child turned 3 it started to notice things. Mommy wearing a diaper while it had been out of diapers since its second year, visitors that were adult, suddenly played baby and behaved like younger kids.

We decided that was the moment to quit. Another couple we knew, had kids, but they didn’t stop. These kids know that their mom and dad wear diapers and that mom likes to play baby. They had a hard time to explain things like stopping with pacifiers, going to school without diapers. Kids can consider ABDL behavior as normal, but you will have hard time explaining yourself when they start asking questions why you do thing that nobody else’s parents do. Keep in mind, they talk about you, so even a diaper is something they will tell friends about.

We never got back to being an AB nursery, but started doing things when the kids are not around. Once they get older, that will happen more often. So how honest do you want to be with kids? Can you handle their honest questions about why? Do you have story for parents that suddenly give clues, they know about your hobby because their child said “ the parents of. ... do .. “?

Those were our considerations and we accepted the reduction in playtime. When they are young its easy to hide things, when they grow older, they will discover.

I've been thinking about this too, because whether I get married or not, I do want to have kids one day but at the same time I don't want to let go of my baby side. I guess my advice is be as low profile as possible? You have a duty to raise your children properly, but you also can't change who you are. So try to make compromises!

kik91 said:
I've been thinking about this too, because whether I get married or not, I do want to have kids one day but at the same time I don't want to let go of my baby side. I guess my advice is be as low profile as possible? You have a duty to raise your children properly, but you also can't change who you are. So try to make compromises!

Agree to this. You can't change who you are. It can be depressing, but what can we do? We got duties to fulfill.

I'm not so much a little as I am a DL and bed wetter. I have three girls, ages 4-9. My bed wetting started shortly after my first daughter was born. Before this, I hid my DL side from my wife and purged more than I binged. Things are much healthier for me now, but I still struggle with a few wet nights a week, so I wear every night, and sometimes during the day when the house is empty (I work from home).

So that said, I do make an effort to hide my diapers from my kids. They have all, at one time or another seen me in a diaper, though I don't they have realized it, also, my rolled up diapers do land in my bathroom trash, so I'm sure they may have seen those. Honestly, I'm not so worried if they find out, it is just that I'd rather them not worry about it. Sometimes life would just be easier if it we're just in the open. But kids do talk about all sorts of things to all sorts of people and I'd rather it not be a thing. It's a bit more complicated lately though, cause I started wearing printed diapers at night...

On that point, one thing that did strike me, a few months ago, when my dad was on hospice, we moved him into our dining room cause he couldn't do stairs any more. He was quickly losing his ability to walk much at all and needed diapers. With only a simple explanation, my kids proceeded to think nothing of it as a medical need...

Life just might be easier if it we're in the open...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back