How Long are you able to Wear a Dry Diaper?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rainbowpenguin

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
How long are you able to wear a dry diaper before you have to change it? Sorry if this is a stupid question I'm not sure. 😅

Reactions: pokemonjesuzzz111111
I don't really understand the question, so I'll answer as best as I can...
I think the longest I'm able to stay in a completely dry diaper is about half an hour. But that doesn't happen often. Usually it gets wet, if only a little, in the first five to ten minutes after change.

Disposable diapers aren't usually very physically durable. Tapes and shell stretch, and padding starts to clump, get lumpy, and break up and start piling up in the crotch. Your butt cheeks rubbing will start to chew a vertical slot in the back of the top sheet, eventually making it into the padding and then you get a little (or A LOT) of padding escaping into your part of the diaper. Your pants crotch seam may wear a similar vertical slot in the outside shell and eventually break through (or just suffer a catastrophic split with no warning) and then you start dropping bits of padding on the ground.

How fast this happens varies quite a bit depending on the diaper. The amount of activity you have while wearing also plays a huge part in how long your diaper will last. Work or temperatures that make you sweat will accelerate the process.

With so many unknowns we can't really give you much of an answer. I can wreck a fresh diaper in 30-45 minutes out mowing the lawn or I can tape up the same diaper in the morning and last all day being lazy at home.

Generally speaking though, diapers usually have no problem lasting overnight due to low activity, even if you tend to toss and turn.

Sometimes if I've been getting sweaty, depending on the diaper, the padding can start to get really lumpy and uncomfortable to sit in and I have to change even though I'm dry just because of the lumps. The big limiting factor with a lot of cheap diapers is how long the tapes can last before stretching and either breaking or pulling off the back wings.

bambinod said:
Disposable diapers aren't usually very physically durable. Tapes and shell stretch, and padding starts to clump, get lumpy, and break up and start piling up in the crotch. Your butt cheeks rubbing will start to chew a vertical slot in the back of the top sheet, eventually making it into the padding and then you get a little (or A LOT) of padding escaping into your part of the diaper. Your pants crotch seam may wear a similar vertical slot in the outside shell and eventually break through (or just suffer a catastrophic split with no warning) and then you start dropping bits of padding on the ground.

How fast this happens varies quite a bit depending on the diaper. The amount of activity you have while wearing also plays a huge part in how long your diaper will last. Work or temperatures that make you sweat will accelerate the process.

With so many unknowns we can't really give you much of an answer. I can wreck a fresh diaper in 30-45 minutes out mowing the lawn or I can tape up the same diaper in the morning and last all day being lazy at home.

Generally speaking though, diapers usually have no problem lasting overnight due to low activity, even if you tend to toss and turn.

Sometimes if I've been getting sweaty, depending on the diaper, the padding can start to get really lumpy and uncomfortable to sit in and I have to change even though I'm dry just because of the lumps. The big limiting factor with a lot of cheap diapers is how long the tapes can last before stretching and either breaking or pulling off the back wings.

Okie doke thanks for the info. Sorry for being so vague. [emoji28] When I wrote it I was speaking generally, but I forgot how different each diaper is.

In general, good quality diapers will last 12 hours with moderate activity. Things that often go wrong: the shell breaks open, tapes break, the absorbent core of the diaper breaks.

Your milage will vary.

Most diapers I've worn are ready to be changed wet or dry within 12 hours with normal daily activity. If I'm pushing for time or less active, 24 is doable but I wouldn't care to go much more than that, same as for conventional underwear.

i think for any diaper the dry wearing time would be equal to or greater than the time you can wear it wet. like when i wear an abu simple diaper, i can wear it for 24 hours with wetting it several times. wearing the same kind of diaper i could wear it for 24 hours dry or more. not that i can go that long without wetting my diaper. if you go that long without wetting then i would not be worried about the diaper but your kidneys.

I leak almost constantly with episodic floods so it aint very long that mine are dry ,but i will hazard a guess if i wasnt IC it eould be a pretty pampered diaper being i dont do anything other than buzz around in my wheelchair it has a great potential because it doesnt suffer ahy real stress that averahe diapers get .

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Some of the more premium diapers can go exactly 28.492 hours- dry and not used- before they wear out, clump, and absorb too much sweat from your skin. Though that is highly dependent on not being too active while wearing them, and not taking them off and putting them back on more than a few times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back