Sheepies

Just your friendly neighborhood baa-by
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Little
This might be a bit of an unpopular opinion, but I really don't like over designed "custom" adult pacis.

You know the kind; usually with large 3D charms, beads, and an overabundance of glitter.

What are your thoughts on these?

This is about as ornate as I like my paci.
6c216c9c467acce1af7e8fea273c9b8e.jpg

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

Sheepies said:
This might be a bit of an unpopular opinion, but I really don't like over designed "custom" adult pacis.

You know the kind; usually with large 3D charms, beads, and an overabundance of glitter.

What are your thoughts on these?

I feel the same way as you...my favourite pacis are the solid colour ones or ones that have simple, 2D designs.

When I look at all the beads and bling on those "custom" ones, my first thought is always "isn't that really unhygenic?" Because you can never get into all the nooks and crannies to clean it, and boiling isn't an option either. Also, they look very heavy and uncomfortable...this baby likes to either chew on the shield or hold onto the handle of a paci, and I don't want pointy edges in the way.

I think they're -pretty-, but also pretty nonfunctional. Those are the kinds of paci's that you should just clip on to wear like a piece of jewelry. XD

I don't mind having a cute print or something on there but I draw the line at adding rhinestones. *giggles*

I only use baby pacifiers and usually MAM16 Tried those adult ones...too big in my baby mouth

Back in my day, we sucked on a rock, and that was how we liked It!

I also prefer less ornate pacifiers. Colors are fine but I don't want anything in my way.

I kind of Like those "Over-Designed" Pacifiers but I think it'd be Alright if it Just had a Few patterns or if it Was just plain. I remember Having a Glittery pacifier that Had little Resin-Made kitten charms on it and one of the Kitten charms fell out, Maybe just a Sticker on it Like Weezey's Pacifier Would be alright.

I think the heavily designed pacis are cute, but I prefer something with a more simpler design to suck on.

I don't get the hype surrounding super decorated pacifiers either, if only because they seem so impractical, what with all the beads and extra attachments. I like the solid colour pacis from Little For Big or actual baby pacis because they fit my general aesthetic i.e. they look like something an actual baby would use and when I'm sucking on one, I don't have to worry about a bunch of beads falling off or all the extra frills rubbing against my face awkwardly.

I can sort of see the appeal to heavily designed pacifiers as a curiosity piece, as something to buy and keep on a shelf, something decorative but not for practical every day use. Also, I find that many of the people designing them go overboard to the point at which they're too detailed and not very pleasing to look at. I've seen some where it's like, whoa, sensory overload.

So, I don't think anyone is off base with their opinions on them, it seems that even those who enjoy them aesthetically wouldn't use them practically. Furthermore, these pacifiers seem more popular amongst Ageplayers who identify as younger kids and members of the DDLG community, I haven't seen too many AB's purchasing them, flaunting them or using them.

I dont like plain paci's but stickers alone are fine for my ones I actually use, I did do a super ornate one with pearl beads and rhinestones for Daddy's birthday but I just hot glued them so I'll be able to take it all back off later, I didn't expect all the beads to make it through the night :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back