Thread: Extra responsibilities, extra stress, same pay

Default Extra responsibilities, extra stress, same pay

So from time to time I end up having to take a higher position in my work area when the boss of my area goes on Vacation or has a death in the family, I don't really like doing it, but I figured I've been there long enough and already knew basically the whole line, so all I needed to learn was the paperwork.

But lately I am already drained from working extra hours and I don't like taking on extra responsibilities (and therefore more stress), when it doesn't pay any more money, and it sounds like I may have to be in this position for the rest of the week.

I mean I will manage, it's just that this sort of thing reinforces why I need to find a better job so I can have more money and not just live a slightly better than average life.

Any decent company, you make more money for more responsibilities, where I work it's like you have to take a low level management position and keep it for a very long time, and MAYBE one day you can get a mid level position and a pay raise, but nothing is a guarantee, the company has lots of excuses of why basically everything that's going wrong is the Employees fault, and unil recently I hadn't even had a raise since 2016 (when I did get that raise it was 1/3rd of what I should have got in that time period).

I'm still trying to get that better factory job in the next town, but I'm kind of afraid they might just keep giving me the run around.

Either way though, I know I'm stuck if I stay where I am and I will have to find a job somewhere else and start over to have any kind of chance at ever doing better, and if the job I really want doesn't come to Fruition, anywhere can be better than a factory that wants to pay minimum wage, but expect you to put forward maximum effort (and I was told I'm one of their best workers in probably 15 years) like when they expected my area to work on another food room (we did because we cant pick and choose or say no) and save them from losing a customer (I wasn't giving them 150% to try and save a contract that wouldn't have paid me any more money).

It would be so much better if the company got rid of the lazy people and paid a little better and maybe gave out some kind of incentive in situations where they were about to lose a customer.

Anyways, just felt like venting a bit, but I will make due and be fine.

I am in the process of getting out of a job that has done similar types of things. If I’m going to work 60hrs, at least pay me for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    I am in the process of getting out of a job that has done similar types of things. If Iím going to work 60hrs, at least pay me for them.
    Well, if I work OverTime I get paid it, I just find the company I work at does a lot of other ridiculous things.