Thread: Desire to wear diapers increase when i'm stressed

Default Desire to wear diapers increase when i'm stressed

Is it normal to have more desire to wear diapers/be a little when you is stressed? Why this happens?

Normally i wear diapers once a week, but now that i am stressed because of my work, i want to wear everyday

Quote Originally Posted by AdapterTwenty View Post
    Is it normal to have more desire to wear diapers/be a little when you is stressed? Why this happens?

Normally i wear diapers once a week, but now that i am stressed because of my work, i want to wear everyday
    I think it's this way for a lot of people, using diapers just happens to be a really good non-destructive way to relieve stress

For me it is anxiety, not stress, though both do come hand in hand.

I think it's very normal actually. I know that when I am super busy with work or school related stuff, my nerves can be shot, I feel more stressed or anxious and I can be a little temperamental too, during these times, my desire to wear and regress certainly spikes.

I think many ABs and even some DLs wear for emotional satisfaction or for therapeutic purposes, so it makes sense that when we are emotionally tense, overworked, stressed or anxious, our desire to wear and regress and what have you, shoots through the roof. After a long, thankless day of work or a particularly hectic study period, nothing makes me feel more centred, happy and relaxed than simply throwing on a diaper and going into baby mode.

So, yes, it is quite normal indeed

Quite normal, I regress most times I'm stressed. It's a coping mechanism, and feeling like babies makes us feel better. Diapers makes us feel safe!

I have very similar experience. I think I have learned to use diapers as a coping mechanism for stress over the course of my life. Itís become a track my mind goes to automatically.

It depends on the person and how they were able to cope his or her stress with or without diapers. For me I just read a book that interest me.

Quote Originally Posted by cm90210 View Post
    I have very similar experience. I think I have learned to use diapers as a coping mechanism for stress over the course of my life. It’s become a track my mind goes to automatically.
    cm90210 beat me to it.

My therapist helped me turn the shame and anxiety over diapers into a coping mechanism.

I am not a psychologist, but I play one on TV... ...Just kidding, but in all sincerity, did stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night.

I believe this is really true for a lot of ABDLs. It certainly is for me. Wearing diapers is a safety mechanism that I am able to release myself from being so caught up in the oftentimes very critical adult world and being able to just be my little self again. Hence, when I am stressed out over things going on in my life, diapers can bring me back to a place of less stress and where I was loved unconditionally as a baby, without deadlines, reports, performance requirements or relationships and the sometimes seemingly overwhelming responsibilities of life.

When you were a true baby (actual baby age) you didn't have all this stress and anxiety. Hence, it seems intuitive that your emotions and brain want to revert to that place when you are feeling stressed as a way to escape or to cope with things.

TeddyBearCowboy

Today I had a phone interview and was feeling more nervous than I expected, I hadn't planned on wearing, but as the time approached I just had to go get a diaper on... Waiting the last 30 minutes before the call I leaked like a sieve and then did the phone interview with the now wet diaper under my work clothes. After it was over I was so tense I just wanted to fill the diaper however I could - but I was 'tapped out'. Up to now I was wearing occasionally as a treat or as a mild stress reliever but always as a choice. I sure I would have done without if they weren't handy, but this was the first time it didn't feel like my choice, but something I really Needed to do. Thanks for listening.