Making a trek into foreign territory and dealing with border patrol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bass

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Hello all! I’m thinking about making the hike tomorrow to go to see the Rearz store (if they’re open), because I’m not horribly far away from it.

I love driving and I have a fairly new car, so the ride, just me, connecting with my secret side for the day and going to get a bit more outside engagement with it all sounds so appealing to me. The only downfall that makes me nervous, (besides Canada’s speed limit of a mere 60 mph on the highway LOL) is dealing with crossing the border with a good haul from Rearz. I wanna buy everything! Well, the border patrol, and something is telling me to not to. I have paranoid thoughts about blowing a brand new tire, or my car breaking down with only 60K miles on it, something stupid and unrealistic. I don’t know. Maybe I’ll get pulled into customs and they’ll search me. I’m a good citizen, i don’t break the law, but who wants to be wearing and getting interrogated while having your car ripped apart?

It just seems weird to me. I’m gonna have to wake up tomorrow and just bite the bullet, if that’s what I decide to do. But now I’m on the fence. I only get the occasional chance to go on a Saturday, my window may be closed for awhile after this..

join AAA

Reactions: Throwawaw11
I've crossed the border (much farther west) many times. 2 incidents stand out. The time my wife forgot her green (permanent resident) card was really awkward. As long as you have your passport with you, you will avoid that hassle.

The only other time was before passports were required and my friend and his wife took their only son across info Canada. As they returned the agents asked them to step away as the agents asked the son if these really were his parents. The son said yes but they still weren't entirely convinced until my friend pulled out old pictures with the three of them. I've gone through multiple times with our children and never had an issue. Either way, it won't apply to you because you'll be going alone.

My suggestion is just go and enjoy it. The boarder patrol is looking for illegal trafficking (like children and drugs) not legal things like diapers.

-Ieyasu

abdlieyasu said:
I've crossed the border (much farther west) many times. 2 incidents stand out. The time my wife forgot her green (permanent resident) card was really awkward. As long as you have your passport with you, you will avoid that hassle.

The only other time was before passports were required and my friend and his wife took their only son across info Canada. As they returned the agents asked them to step away as the agents asked the son if these really were his parents. The son said yes but they still weren't entirely convinced until my friend pulled out old pictures with the three of them. I've gone through multiple times with our children and never had an issue. Either way, it won't apply to you because you'll be going alone.

My suggestion is just go and enjoy it. The boarder patrol is looking for illegal trafficking (like children and drugs) not legal things like diapers.

-Ieyasu

Thank you. This was exactly what I needed to read when I woke up. I opted to do it, and no issues! Going in, they were very nice and me and the guard were talking about Canadian rock band Rush. On the way back to the states the guard was pissed at me because I forgot to take my sunglasses off. He gave me a glare and I was like ‘o shit’.

I feel bad, because we shouldn’t be intimidated by the people who help keep us safe. Then again, they also cut upholstry with a knife if they think they’ll find something.

I came back with a SCORE. The man running the counter was very nice and helpful, and also super professional. I’ll definitely be trying to go back.

I'm glad that my post gave you the confidence to do it.

-Ieyasu

Having crossed the US/Canadian border multiple times, just stay calm and take your passport! You'll be fine!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back