View Poll Results: Did your school ever have Pyjama Day?

Voters
87. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

57 65.52%
  • No

30 34.48%
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Did your school ever have Pyjama Day?

aj1983

Question Did your school ever have Pyjama Day?

Here's a topic I havnt seen on the site so far, Pyjama Day! When I was a kid in elementry school every year they would have it. We would all wear PJs to school for the day and it was awesome. I remember thinking how cute everyone looked in their PJs, I should of realized then I was a AB, lol

Anyways, Is this a common thing around the world that lots of schools do? Anyone have any stories to share about it? Did it help turn anyone else into a AB maybe? I dunnos, I just felt like making a poll here cause I never have before

I SOOO wish my schools had pajama day! That wouldve been the best thing EVER! But here in the Netherlands I guess they haven't heard of it or my school didn't care

Yeah, we had pyjama day, though we actually had it in High School. If I remember correctly it was part of spirit week, where each day of that week had some theme to it. I remember pyjama's was one day, then "twin" day where you and a friend dressed identical, and I think sport's day too. I forget what the rest were.

My school has a pajama day as part of it's spirit week, between crazy hat day and favorite jersey day. I may way a sleeper to school on my senior year. I'll only see anyone who want's to bomb me for a few months after it, so why not go for it?

Yeah, we had it all the time in grade school, at least 2 or 3 times a year. We also had it at the daycare I went to a lot, and a couple times in highschool.

Yeah we did it in Kindergarten and in 1st grade when I was in Louisiana. Didn't have it over here though

Every day could've been pyjama day, there was usually at least one person wearing pyjamas to the first class of each day.

No.

We had non-uniform days, but they cancelled those because people messed around.

Do people take PJ days seriously? In English do you discuss the poems of Shakespeare whilst wearing your bunny PJs or whatever?
    Or does everybody just check out the 'hot chick' whose wearing the revealing PJs, or generally prat about?

I just find it funny to picture a normal school day happening in PJs, as the non-uniform days people didn't do any work.

Peachy

Nope. My school had no PJ Day, or Swim Clothes Day, or Bathrobe Day, or any other [item of clothing]-Day. Weird concept really for a school. As Charlie pointed out - it would distract from the main focus of the school (learning new stuff), and what about the people who don't wear PJs, swom clothes, bathrobes or any other specific item of clothing?

Peachy

aj1983

Quote Originally Posted by Peachy View Post
    Nope. My school had no PJ Day, or Swim Clothes Day, or Bathrobe Day, or any other [item of clothing]-Day. Weird concept really for a school. As Charlie pointed out - it would distract from the main focus of the school (learning new stuff), and what about the people who don't wear PJs, swom clothes, bathrobes or any other specific item of clothing?
    I only had it in the younger grades (ages 12 and under) where it wasn't such a distraction to the school day. It was just a fun thing for the school to do i guess, it can't all be about the work Nothing happened to the kids who didnt wear PJs, was just a normal day but most people wore PJs. Sort of like casual-fridays that some businesses have where employees don't have to wear a suit.