Status
Not open for further replies.

padded1989

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
Hey everyone! first off awesome community here, im new but love it so far. My question to the forum is do you all think that slowly ab/dl is becoming more common or accepted in the world? I am an optimist but I do believe it very slowly is. What are your thoughts or things you have seen that might make you agree or disagree? Thanks in advance and cheers!

I wouldn't say it specifically is being more accepted, rather I think it is the fact that there is a acceptance mindset that is taking over in our world. I think that one day AB/DL will be common and accepted, but I don't see it happening for several years.

I agree with you. I think ABDL is becoming a bit more tolerated as it gets some descent media coverage.

I believe this is a very slow process that will probably take decades.

I personally think that existing ABDL's have more tools to work with today than ever before, whether its online forums, more product choices, and munches / events, just 15 years ago this wasn't even heard of with in our community.

If “accepted” means accommodated, then yes. As Pampers4U notes, there are certainly more online venues, products and events. When I started exploring ABDL more than 30 years ago, there was nothing.

Society, however, still regards us as contemptible freaks. This hasn’t changed much, and the willingness of certain ABs to make themselves objects of derision in the mainstream media hasn’t helped.

About 15 yeas ago, when the first AB retail clothing boutique opened in England, I honestly thought we’d arrived. Then came Jerry Springer and his ilk, and the reductive lens of reality television. Now, I’d argue we’ve managed to take a step or two backward instead of moving toward societal acceptance.

You can be “an optimist” all you want, but flaunting your AB lifestyle will today produce largely scorn, whereas 30 years ago, it left folks puzzled and speechless. I submit that puzzled and speechless was better.

I'd say not abdl directly, but society is slowly becoming more generally acceptable for communities like ours and others as a whole. Sadly there are still a lot of people who just hate everyone and anything different than themselves. I guess it all depends on who you're talking to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back