Can you be fired?

Status
Not open for further replies.

diapernh

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
Simple question. If you don't have a medical need, and wear to work, can you be fired.

I would never ever consider messing, and probably not wet or change at work

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Can you be fired for wearing panties as a man? Or going commando as a man or a woman? No, you can't. You can be fired for over sharing your underwear choices with your co-workers though. I've worn 24/7 for at least 5 years now. Anyone at work that has found out, "I'm incontinent". Yes, it's a minor fib. But I have developed urge incontinence. Maybe it's because I've worn for so long, maybe not. Point is, diapers at work in and of itself is not something you can be fired for. Telling people at work about your diaper fetish, or foot fetish, or whipping and leather can be.

Yes, but not directly for wearing. They would simply find another reason to fire you. However, most people don’t really give a damn what type of underwear you use as long as you keep it to yourself.

If you are at a place of employment with a AT WILL EMPLOYMENT contract yes you can be fired just for showing up to work they can use any excuse in the book to get rid of you from cutting staff to a myriad of other things. So your job is perishable remember that. Always have a eye out for the next job each day just in case. ADA Laws can help in some cases however good luck with that. This is based on a United States response in other countries it will be a different story.

I work with a guy who has a latex fetish. Like, he started going into a lot of major detail and it made people seriously uncomfortable.

So HR had a talk with him and said "You can't talk about that stuff here. If you run into someone who asks about it, tell them you can only talk about it with them later after work."

He still works there. XD And we're all fine with this. Instead we talk with him about nerdy stuff, comic books, comic book based movies and his waifu Harley Quinn. LOL (She was his waifu BEFORE Suicide Squad came out.)

-edit-

And my job does have 'at will' employment, but it works both ways. They can fire you for stuff, but you can also stop in the middle of a shift and say "I'm out." The crappiest way to do this is to disappear to break and never come back. Then the bosses spend hours looking for you.

CuddleWoozle said:
And my job does have 'at will' employment, but it works both ways. They can fire you for stuff, but you can also stop in the middle of a shift and say "I'm out." The crappiest way to do this is to disappear to break and never come back. Then the bosses spend hours looking for you.

I swear when/if I quit I'm literally going to come in, clock in, work till break, disappear till lunch, then clock out for lunch and come back at the end of the day.... do that for a few days and see if they fire me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

In most of the world you couldn't get fired directly just because of wearing diapers, you could always say you have incontinence and really as long as work isn't giving you diapers or anything of that sort I dont think you would need to even put in any kind of paperwork, but places can fire you for an unreasonable reason and say it's something else, it wouldn't be right, but its possible.

Your employer can request a doctors evaluation to determine if you are indeed incontinent. But I don’t know if they are required to pay for it now that most states are “at will” and “ right to work”.
Back in 1990 my than employer has to foot the bill because they required proof of said incontinence.

Actually, employees are not allowed to ask for any evaluation on any specific medical condition you have. If you are asking for special accommodations Like extra break time to change then they may require a doctor's note, but the note can and should be very vague.

Note: only ask for accommodations if you are medically in need. Don't be a moron.

buenare said:
Actually, employees are not allowed to ask for any evaluation on any specific medical condition you have. If you are asking for special accommodations Like extra break time to change then they may require a doctor's note, but the note can and should be very vague.

Note: only ask for accommodations if you are medically in need. Don't be a moron.

afaik that's correct. accommodations, and especially insurance claims can require a professional opinion. But something like wearing diapers, something that does not interfere with your doing your job, and isn't conflicting with a part of your job description, (such as wearing a uniform, max hair length, no visible tattoos, etc) is a personal matter they don't have any legal or employment say in.

That's not to say that it can't get you fired anyway, for some "other reason" they pull out of a hat. Remember, firing is like getting sued. "they can't sue you for that!" oooooooooh yes they can, they can always sue. It just comes down to whether or not it will hold up in court. Same thing goes for firing. Doesn't matter what state you live in, they can fire you for ANY reason. Whether or not it holds up to a legal challenge though will vary. Fortunately most companies have suits on retainer that try to keep their fat out of the fire, and "advise" them on what they really shouldn't do. (it's the wingnuts, loose canons, and small business bosses you have to worry about)

buenare said:

However a pre employment physical can snuff that stuff out in a New York Second. Try applying for a transportation related job and you will see how detailed the physical will be.

The exception to the At Will employment in the USA discussed above pertains to workers who belong to a trade union. In a union shop, probable cause is technically required to terminate an employee. However, even in that case, management can still find some other excuse to get rid of a worker, especially if the union is in bed with management (this is typically the case). Regardless if you are in a union or non-union workplace, it’s best to use maximum discretion regarding diaper usage for those who are not incontinent. If you are in doubt, it’s best to play it safe and not use diapers in the workplace (even the most trivial occurrence could be used as that “other reason” to get rid of a worker).

Depends more than anything on your behaviour - discreetly wearing is a world away from creeping everyone out / making a big thing of it and per Cuddlewoozle's story, you're more likely to get a meeting with the boss / HR if you're weirding people out unnecessarily.

Also, just in general, don't be a creep about it in public etc., we don't need that sort of PR!

lonnie said:
Your employer can request a doctors evaluation to determine if you are indeed incontinent. But I don’t know if they are required to pay for it now that most states are “at will” and “ right to work”.
Back in 1990 my than employer has to foot the bill because they required proof of said incontinence.

That is against HIPPA’s patient privacy act as well as the ADA (American eh disabilities). No, they cannot legally do that and could be sued for doing so.

mayhem said:
That is against HIPPA’s patient privacy act as well as the ADA (American eh disabilities). No, they cannot legally do that and could be sued for doing so.
In the Pre employment physical they will catch the incontinence issue and they will put that in the report for your Employers Hiring manager & HR Department. HIPPA & ADA in my opinion is moot when you are dealing with employment physicals. If the employer does require you to go for medical examination during the employment term they will get everything and I mean everything. Doctors are really good at lie detecting and good at catching conditions that is why they are professionals. Just for kicks try hiding something from your doctor and see what happens I can guarantee you it will not end well. Also Try hiding something on a employment exam and sure as the sky is blue and water is wet that you will be fired for lying on a application and could result in legal trouble for you too.

xpluswearer said:
In the Pre employment physical they will catch the incontinence issue and they will put that in the report for your Employers Hiring manager & HR Department. HIPPA & ADA in my opinion is moot when you are dealing with employment physicals. If the employer does require you to go for medical examination during the employment term they will get everything and I mean everything. Doctors are really good at lie detecting and good at catching conditions that is why they are professionals. Just for kicks try hiding something from your doctor and see what happens I can guarantee you it will not end well. Also Try hiding something on a employment exam and sure as the sky is blue and water is wet that you will be fired for lying on a application and could result in legal trouble for you too.

That is your opinion (as you stated) and not a fact. An employer is allowed to know if you passed or failed a physical. For the example of the transportation industry (in which I run a business), a CDL class driver has to have a valid medical certificate. If they fail we are not told why, only that they have failed. However, if a workers comp claim is filed, HR will have access to the reason, but has to comply with HIPAA and ADA rules and regulations. Again, ADA will act as a shield for something like incontinence.

mayhem said:
That is your opinion (as you stated) and not a fact. An employer is allowed to know if you passed or failed a physical. For the example of the transportation industry (in which I run a business), a CDL class driver has to have a valid medical certificate. If they fail we are not told why, only that they have failed. However, if a workers comp claim is filed, HR will have access to the reason, but has to comply with HIPAA and ADA rules and regulations. Again, ADA will act as a shield for something like incontinence.

Bull crap!!, not more than a week went by from me informing HR of my medical need to wear diapers I was fired, oh they did not use the diapers as an a excuse, my services where no longer required is the official reason on the paperwork.

lonnie said:
Bull crap!!, not more than a week went by from me informing HR of my medical need to wear diapers I was fired, oh they did not use the diapers as an a excuse, my services where no longer required is the official reason on the paperwork.

Nothing I said is “bull crap”. You chose to tell them about your medical condition. As I said in my first post in this thread they cannot fire you specifically for wearing diapers, but can find another thing to fire you for. You brought that upon yourself.

mayhem said:
Nothing I said is “bull crap”. You chose to tell them about your medical condition. As I said in my first post in this thread they cannot fire you specifically for wearing diapers, but can find another thing to fire you for. You brought that upon yourself.

HR comes around and hands every employee new HIPPA forms to read and sign, along with new ADA forms to fill out.
This happened 17 months after I was hired. All disabilities had to be listed no matter if they hindered your ability to preform your job.
So I listed all 3 of my hidden disabilities ( which I consider a inconvenience and not a disability) I listed that I only have 1 eye, 50% hearing loss and incontinence. Non of theses have kept me from doing the jobs I do but have hept me from being hired at certain companies.
After 17 months I get fired and official reasoning on paper is my service is no longer required. BULL!!
So the hospital no longer needs the operating rooms cleaned or hallways cleaned or garbage emptied. REALLY!!
Even with a urologist and a Neurologist findings of nerve damage to spine and bladder is not enough of a reason for your employer not to be able to fire you, ADA & HIPPA are only as good as the company enforces it.

lonnie said:
HR comes around and hands every employee new HIPPA forms to read and sign, along with new ADA forms to fill out.
This happened 17 months after I was hired. All disabilities had to be listed no matter if they hindered your ability to preform your job.
So I listed all 3 of my hidden disabilities ( which I consider a inconvenience and not a disability) I listed that I only have 1 eye, 50% hearing loss and incontinence. Non of theses have kept me from doing the jobs I do but have hept me from being hired at certain companies.
After 17 months I get fired and official reasoning on paper is my service is no longer required. BULL!!
So the hospital no longer needs the operating rooms cleaned or hallways cleaned or garbage emptied. REALLY!!
Even with a urologist and a Neurologist findings of nerve damage to spine and bladder is not enough of a reason for your employer not to be able to fire you, ADA & HIPPA are only as good as the company enforces it.

Either the company performed an illegal action, you didn’t properly read and comprehend the papers, and/or you did not know your rights. Unfortunately you wouldn’t have much ground to stand on if you were to file legal actions against them. I would chalk it up as a learning experience for the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back