How Many of Us Actually Work With Children?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CookieMonstah

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Wasn't sure where to put this, assumed this would probably the best place as it's directed at ABDLs mainly.

So a little back story, up until last summer I had never had experience working with children whatsoever. I never even gave it a thought until when I was half way through my first year at university there were advertisements for a company called Camp America. Camp America is a company that connects camps all across the US to the UK and other places around the world. I'd heard how fun it was and decided to go to the hiring event where about 70 camps were hiring.

Many camps rejected me as I hadn't worked with kids before apart from one camp. I went through with the whole process and worked for 9 weeks in the US over the summer last year. Honestly it was the most fun I've ever had working. I was so excited to return I started my application before leaving the US and now I'm back for a second time.

I even enjoyed it so much I decided to look for work as a babysitter and even got a job in a nursery looking after babies, toddlers and preschoolers and it's honeslty such an amazing job. I might even continue to work in childcare or become a teacher as a career I like it so much.

Who else works with kids?

I dont work with kids and personally would want to, kids can be Little Hitlers, especially when not raised right and I feel like these days a lot of people have kids for all the wrong reasons (like a tax write off, being able to get child support, etc).

BabyTyrant said:
I dont work with kids and personally would want to, kids can be Little Hitlers, especially when not raised right and I feel like these days a lot of people have kids for all the wrong reasons (like a tax write off, being able to get child support, etc).

Oh definitely agree on the child support thing, in the UK there's a woman who's had like 7/8 kids just for the governments money and admits it publicly

Hey CookieMonstah! I totally get you!! I've always been good with kids, so around 2 years ago, I volunteered at Miami Children's Hospital as a Bedside Buddy! My job was go to room to room, and play with children and keep them entertained. They were having tough times so my job was to cheer them up. I got all kinds of kids, from toddlers in diapers (my first kid toddled around in diaper and I played blocks with him, so cute!) to teenagers. I mostly focused on the little kids, so I got to play tons of board games. Most kids were really adorable and fun to be with! It made me feel so great every time I left. I got into the baby's section once. So I got to bottlefeed a baby, and they taught me to change his diapers. He was so adorable, around 1 year old. But I was so afraid to hurt him, babies are so fragile.

But I was volunteer for 6 months, and it was amazing! I really love kids :)

Work with my grandkids, but that's about it. We have a riot together!

My wife and I volunteered for a few years with our church. I liked working with toddlers and she worked with the babies. It was fun, but I had my fill.
I enjoyed seeing how the kids matured through their time in the class. In the beginning of the year they would be afraid, not comfortable with the new setting and they cried a lot. By the end of the year they would arrive and immediately find their favorite toys. They would be talkative about things and really seemed to socialize better.
Anyway, it was a fun experience, but I am too old to deal with the toddlers anymore. I prefer to act like one.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

I worked with kids on a bus. I took them to preschool and really disliked it.

A lot of people don't realize it, but when you have a child who has:

A. Never been away from mom/dad.
B. Never seen a school bus.
and
C. Has never HEARD a school bus

They will freak the froot out. Full blown meltdowns. I hated starting a new school year because we always had at least two or three kids who would just flip out to the point it was almost unsafe to even have them on the bus. :p

(That and I have issues getting along with small children sometimes. When they're mean to me, my 'little side' has a really strong instinct to be mean back and it's not right. So I avoid too much interaction with little kids. XD)

Im studying Child Development at college at the moment :) I want to either run my own pre school or become a social worker

OfficialPastelPoppet said:
Im studying Child Development at college at the moment :) I want to either run my own pre school or become a social worker

Oh cool, I'm currently unqualified but working towards getting a diploma in childcare and education. Let's run a preschool together lol!

I've worked with children all my life until I retired four years ago. As a church music director, I worked with children's choirs. In my last church when I worked as a full time director, I would do two musicals a year with my older group and one musical a year with my younger group. I was the director, oversaw costumes, built all the scenery and created via my keyboard, all the musical sound tracks. I also ran all the sound. It was a lot of work but also a lot of fun. The kids were almost always well behaved for me.

The last 12 years that I worked full time, I was a part time church music director and a full time teacher's assistant at an inner city junior high school. There the kids often had discipline problems as it was an inner city school. It also was an applicant school so we had some very bright and talented kids. We had a great drama department. I sometimes was their pianist/accompanist. I mostly enjoyed working with the kids, but I was often working within the special ed department. The hardest kids to teach were the ones who had given up on themselves. One of my kids was murdered in a drive by shooting. You sometimes had very rough days.

CookieMonstah said:
Oh cool, I'm currently unqualified but working towards getting a diploma in childcare and education. Let's run a preschool together lol!

Awesome :)

I work with kids and enjoy it very much. I'm 63 and the kids keep me young. I am a school bus driver and when school is out I am an in car driver's ed instructor. A few years ago I worked in a particular school district and ended up with a school bus run that was one of the worst runs in the district. After some time the kids became my adopted grandkids and I was their adopted grandfather. I haven't done that run in about 4 years and to this day some of the kids still ask the present bus driver about me and tell her to say hello to me. Working with kids can be very rewarding, but it does take a certain type of person and a lot of patience.

Ironically enough, I kinda hate kids. I've babysat my half brother, and a couple family friend's kids. The family friend's kids were ok and behaved enough and they actually liked me, but I only had to watch them for a couple hours at a time. My half brother was pure evil. Most of the other kids I've met have been horrible little brats. I know that blame kind of falls on their parents for spoiling them, but that still doesn't change how unpleasant they are. I might be an ab/little, but I want absolutely nothing to do with actual kids. I have enough things causing me migraines already.

I'm a music teacher, so I work with kids all the time. Actually getting ready to go back to school soon!

babyjoey1 said:
I work with kids and enjoy it very much. I'm 63 and the kids keep me young. I am a school bus driver and when school is out I am an in car driver's ed instructor. A few years ago I worked in a particular school district and ended up with a school bus run that was one of the worst runs in the district. After some time the kids became my adopted grandkids and I was their adopted grandfather. I haven't done that run in about 4 years and to this day some of the kids still ask the present bus driver about me and tell her to say hello to me. Working with kids can be very rewarding, but it does take a certain type of person and a lot of patience.

I agree with that last part, it's tiring and you gotta have patience but it's so rewarding seeing their happy faces and knowing you're helping the future generation.

I've worked with toddlers through kindergarteners for a couple years at my church. My father is is on the elders board for church and my mom and I helped out teaching the kindergarteners. That was the age group I prefered the best, as they can actually learn the stories and memorize a bible verse. I liked singing and doing the worship dances with the kids (it was songs and dances we followed along on a dvd), but only if I paired with someone else than my mom (it was just too embarrassing to dance in front of her). I liked helping set up the crafts and helping the kids cut and glue stuff, and even though I was the helper, I still got hand stamps and stickers. :smile1:

I started out with the preschoolers, and I remember on the first day I was nervous and didn't really know what to do so I just kinda stood in the back and helped out when asked. It didn't take long after the first day to be full on playing with the kids there (I remember they had a play kitchen and an awesome car track that me and other boys would play with. We had a lot of preschoolers at the time, so ther was usually 2 helpers, and we got to do the pupet voices for the bible story, as well as pass out snacks. I believe I started helping out when I was around 12 or 13 and had to stop around age 16 due to getting my first job.

I actually forgot. I did a sort of "Parent-Teacher conference babysitting" with my mom and that was actually super-fun. We basically had all the kids in one of the preschool rooms and we were allowed to let them play with the toys and everything. I used to lead the "LET'S MAKE STUFF OUT OF PLAYDOH!" group. :laugh: I also used to sneak into the classroom early in the mornings and draw something cute on their chalkboard. Like Blue from Blue's Clues or Big Bird or Elmo. The kids thought it was -awesome- because they never knew what might be on the board. LOL

Then the administration changed and they basically said for me to fuck off and stay out of the classrooms. :( And I have to re-iterate, NOT the teachers, they were really upset about it because I never actually did anything except draw something nice and age appropriate on the corner of the blackboards. And if they were learning about something (It was usually obvious 'cause they'd have posters and decorations for it) I would make it something related to what they were learning. Like when they hatched out butterflies. It would start as a caterpillar, then I'd draw the chrysalis and finally there would be a butterfly.

But the trouble was the new administrator. She apparently thought I was a creep or something. (Having never met me until well after the 'cease and desist' went into effect. Afterwards I think she might have felt a little bad.) :( Also, I was able to get to the rooms early because my job's office was located in the building and they never closed any of the classroom doors. So, no breaking and entering. :laugh:

I think its better for ABDL people to not work with children. The parents, if they somehow find out, will totally panic and you will get fired or in serious legal problems. Internet is filled with stories where this happened. So its best to keep this very secret.

I don't work with children, and will avoid it if possible. I can't stand kids lol. I mean, if a kid is 5+ and isn't throwing a temper-tantrum I can tolerate them, but my god I do not envy anyone who works with children, or has to deal with children on a regular basis. I try to avoid kids, they're always touching stuff without washing their hands, picking their noses and crap, bleh. Yeah, I don't think I'll ever work with children unless there's some very good reason to do so.

^ I second the comment above me. I do not want to get sick from some kid who doesn't cover their mouth. But then again, I've had a grown adult sneeze all over
my hand. That was so gross.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back